Crash m6 with fatalities,spanish truck driver arrested

anyone seen this on the news?6 dead according to my local news…

thought it was 2 adults , 3 kids , i may be reading things wrong but sounds like they burnt to death , hope im wrong , what ever way tragic ,
you just wondr why sometimes , 5 mins early , 5 mins later and theyd of all been safely on therte way , very sad :cry: :cry: :cry:

just heard this on the news. such a tragic loss of life.

my thoughts are with all the families involved, including the spanish driver that was arrested

conflicting reports on different news channels.like you say very tragic,its brings it home how dangerous our job can be.not just to us but more so to other road users

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7681240.stm

The car bust into flames on impact so news’s is saying :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry: Happened in heavy slow moving traffic from earlier accident in which a van driver also lost his life. :cry: :frowning: :frowning:

My thoughts go out to all families involved.

Very sad news indeed.

Is everything bad these days or is it just they way we perceive thing??

I couldnt help notice at the bottom of the report linked to, that not only do HATO close motorways, but they are now removing them :laughing:

“The Highways Agency said nobody was thought to have been seriously injured, but the motorway would remain while vehicles were recovered.”

Darby Flyer:
Very sad news indeed.

“The Highways Agency said nobody was thought to have been seriously injured, but the motorway would remain while vehicles were recovered.”

It’s rolled up like turf…

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … n_m6_crash

So sad to hear this terrible news. Liz

I hope they throw the book at the spanish driver responsible for this tragic incident, not my place to speculate but probably had a dvd playing on his laptop.

if they opened up the m6 toll and made it free then it would cut out such a lot of traffic between m6 j4 - about j12 which might prevent a lot of the bunching up, which in turn affects traffic right the way up to manchester. this accident may not have happened.

DABenji:
I hope they throw the book at the spanish driver responsible for this tragic incident, not my place to speculate but probably had a dvd playing on his laptop.

Well whatever he was doing he can’t of been paying much attention to the road ahead :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :open_mouth: :cry:

Sounds like it happened at back of the que as he must of been going at some speed for what happened to the car. :frowning: :frowning:

I hope he get’s the same treatment/punishment as what a british trucker would get for that sort of thing but he may just go back home and drive trucks in his own country :question: :question: Is that possible :question: :imp:

tramp:
if they opened up the m6 toll and made it free then it would cut out such a lot of traffic between m6 j4 - about j12 which might prevent a lot of the bunching up, which in turn affects traffic right the way up to manchester. this accident may not have happened.

the accident happend (i think) as they where queing from another accident involving a van.

About the M6 toll some people I imagine would argue that traffic yes would then be free flowing but if an accident did happen then everyone would be travelling at higher speeds during peak time when they go to slam on the breaks which would mean longer stopping distance… but this accident happened late in the evening when traffic is lighter…so you can imagine it during peak times…

I did hear on the news something about HA and the M6 TOLL a while back :question: :exclamation:

We’re not allowed to divert traffic onto the toll as itis privately owned as there would be the financial implication.

On a more serious note it has just been announced it was a family killed and there may be more dead.

My thoughts go to the family and friends of those involved and to all the emergency services involved.

Got stuck in this last night had to come off at j16. On way back down saw the van area coned off the saw the fire area being dug up then there was about three other wagons smashed up between keele services and j16. Just got past j15 south came to a standstill another smash when i went past there was milk cartons everywhere off this milk van. Its sad to hear loss of life in an accident when there are children involved

And then you have tools like this guy who has his laptop on his dash, and I suppose he ONLY had it on while stuck in the traffic, never while driving so no chance of having a crash and killing 6 people, oh i forgot, what about the 4 photos he took while driving.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37177

Very professional, very. Lets hope he doesnt kill someone hey, maybe even a HATO on the hardshoulder while this total twod takes a pic to put on here while thinking up some ■■■■■ slogan to slate us like “HATO causes congestion again”.

How the hell can you drivers who slate HATO’s comment on how sad it is that a family have been wiped out and yet you drive along taking pics.

Had a muppet in a shop yesterday who asked us if we could do him for speeding, we said no, then he said what if he has a bald tyre, obviously admitting guilt, and again we said no, he said “Ill carry on speeding past you then”. Bright guy this one. So i replied "well, when you pass as at 90 your tyre blows and you roll your car killing yourself and taking someone with you, we’ll come along and shut the motorway so the Police can spend 5 hours doing investigations to which we know exactly what happened. Had it ever occured to anyone that if people drove with due care and didnt speed or take photos when driving then we wouldnt be needed to clear up the mess■■? No didnt think so.

Big Jase:
And then you have tools like this guy who has his laptop on his dash, and I suppose he ONLY had it on while stuck in the traffic, never while driving so no chance of having a crash and killing 6 people, oh i forgot, what about the 4 photos he took while driving.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37177

Very professional, very. Lets hope he doesnt kill someone hey, maybe even a HATO on the hardshoulder while this total twod takes a pic to put on here while thinking up some [zb] slogan to slate us like “HATO causes congestion again”.

And if you pay attention you will see the rev counter is not counting any revs (i.e its switched off). And i never took four photos whilst driving, nor will you prove i did, you’re just speculating. Just like some people speculate HATO’s are useless, but you’re entitled to your opinon just like the rest of us.

DABenji:

Thats right its NOT YOUR PLACE to speculate, it seems the Police will arrest the lorry driver at any crash these days IU have no idea why but thats what they do.

ITs not the best bit of road in the country and they will never improve it so we just have to live with these events when they happen.

Just seen it on the lunchtime BBC news and they state that a Portugese lorry driver was arrested

Very nasty scenes - condolences to families of those affected.

Police interview & video footage of the scene…
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7681679.stm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally agree with everthing you say Big Jase.

Too many morons with their laptops on whilst they’re driving, taking pictures whilst they’re driving, studying sat-navs whilst they’re driving, texting whilst they’re driving etc etc - in fact doing anything they shouldn’t be doing instead of concentrating on the road in front of them!

I passed that accident on the M6 last night, going south, just after it happened. And a vehicle that looked like a people carrier was completely engulfed in flames!
I’ve seen many accidents down the years - particularly on the M6 - but last night’s looked horrific!

We as professional drivers have a massive responsibility every time we do our job on Britain’s highways and byways.
Every night now I seem to witness more and more numptys in our profession!

Most of the irresponsible behaviour derives from sheer and utter complacency!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

I enjoy your posts Mike but jase has got a piont :exclamation:
Especialy in the light of recent events maybe not on the laptop
but photos :question: :question: :question: :question: