Crap Radio Stations and Programmes

Whilst channel-hopping this morning I thought “what a load of crap Oxfordshire radio has become”.
Radio Oxford has Malcolm “Boredom” Boyden in the morning repeating stories on the hour of someones charity bike ride, Heart FM…well everyone knows they put Beyonce, JLS, and the same few 80s hits on repeat, Radio 1 has the fat bloke who’s team are only there to laugh at everything he says, Radio 2 with the irritating popmaster (why do the losers always have to say hello to everyone they can think of?). Talking of Radio 2, why do Steve Wrights co “presenters” always turn up 20 minutes late?
Rant over, what does everyone else think? :confused:

What you need to do is find some good podcasts. Then stick 'em on your mp3 player of choice and play them back through a FM transmitter and listen to them on the unit radio.

Saves having to listen to crap adverts or “love the show” Steve. :wink:

In fact it saves me having to listen to any Irish radio which is quite pants.

Steve Wright’s show used to be funny in the Sid the Manager and Mr Angry days :smiley: Now its just a plug show. :frowning:

Dunno then?:
Steve Wright’s show used to be funny in the Sid the Manager and Mr Angry days :smiley: Now its just a plug show. :frowning:

Don’t forget Damien the Social Worker and that bloke who was trying to back the van in.

I listen to Kerrang whenever I can :sunglasses: , the only bad thing about it is the range isn’t far enough :frowning: ! Birmingham station and can get it as far as Evesham and Northampton, Tamworth, but get near Leicester and bloody Leicester Sound interferes with it :imp:

I keep thinking of writing to them and suggesting they increase their broadcast range to the “Midlands” instead of just the “West Midlands” :frowning:

I invested in a DAB radio a couple of weeks ago. Plenty of stations to choose from. Make sure you get an external aerial though.

macplaxton:
What you need to do is find some good podcasts. Then stick 'em on your mp3 player of choice and play them back through a FM transmitter and listen to them on the unit radio.

Saves having to listen to crap adverts or “love the show” Steve. :wink:

In fact it saves me having to listen to any Irish radio which is quite pants.

I cant even get the cd player to run without cutting out or playing out of the one speaker-might be the dust got inside I suppose.
Also what’s the joke with “old woman”? and am I the only person who hates Janey Expert-on-Everything?

The last time I listened to UK radio would be in the time of John Peel and the hairy cornflake bloke, 10cc were still in the charts. I lived to Denmark for a few years and still work there, thats bad radio, I have yet to meet a nation so devoid of musical taste, coupled with the boy/girl combo early morning breakfast show who mostly laugh at there own jokes then play some awful wrap music or pop tune, well more pop than tune. The female presenter has a voice like a baby antelope with a leg missing, something about a female speaking Danish that has a cheese grater quality.

I now live in Poland were the radio is pretty good, the home ground bands are very good, so it seems a good mix of Polish bands and Western stuff. A huge range of different stations from religious programming to blinky blonky music for the under 5’s before they go out for the evening. In the house we appear to have Radio Jasna Góra on the most, broadcast from the local monastery, I would not have thought monks to be this hip, I admire their musical policy that goes from mass (loverly reverb) to Deep Purple.

Most of the music I like or am interested in, is not stuff that gets played on the radio, so on me travels I have an old iPod loaded with whatever I like at the moment, but also a lot of podcasts, FM transmitter or cable. The podcast stuff is news, documentaries, like 60 minutes. I just feel that todays programming feels like product, the music is just product, the presenters view themselves as the stars, I long for the days when John Peel would play a tune then at the end apologise for playing it at the wrong speed.

the Robin Galloway Show on Real Radio Scotland… got to be the funniest show going … wind up calls and loads of banter… believe you can now download podcasts of the show … well worth a look lads … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

axletramp:

Dunno then?:

Don’t forget Damien the Social Worker and that bloke who was trying to back the van in.

I still think about little poppy :stuck_out_tongue:

Jack FM around the bristol area is bang on some great tunes its 106.5 :wink:

Thetaff:

At home I am using Spotify, it is like itunes , but totally free and have millions of off the track tracks.

spotify.com/uk/new-user/

Thetaff:

I go down there quite a bit and Star and Sunshine are both quite good too :slight_smile: and RedDragon aswell :wink:

Wheel Nut:

Thetaff:

At home I am using Spotify, it is like itunes , but totally free and have millions of off the track tracks.

spotify.com/uk/new-user/

nice link,cheers for that

If you want good music at home then use Last.fm last.fm/home

You can listen to it through the website or you can download a little application called Scrobbler.
Here is a picture of the Scrobbler window -

Once you have an account setup (free) you just type in the Artist or Genre you want and away it plays, if theres something you don’t like you just skip it. After a while - few hundred plays it see’s what kind of stuff you like and you can “play my radio station”, It will play things you’ve listened to before and suggest new artists and tracks to you :wink: a very good way of finding new things you’ve not heard before. Its your own personal radio station that plays exactly what you want to listen too. If it plays something your not in the mood for then skip, or if you dislike then ban it and never have it played again.

In the Scrobbler window theres all sorts of useful information like what album the track is on, useful if you want to go buy it, Similar artists etc.

Heres my profile last.fm/user/Lycanthrope2004 as you can see I use it a lot - 89800 plays since 28 Sep 2008.

if you click last.fm/user/Lycanthrope2004/library you can see a A-Z of everything I’ve listened too and how popular it is, how many times I played the artist :wink:

If any of you have a Smartphone with unlimited internet, the internet radio app gives you 2,000 or so radio stations from around the world just connect via the auxiliary socket on the front of the stereo, and hey presto! no more crap radio. most of the major routes have decent 3G coverage, sorted :smiley:

axletramp:

Dunno then?:

I had done! but thanks for reminding me :wink:

radio 2 needs a kick up the arse,chris evans i can take or leave,ken bruce-ok i suppose,jeremy vine is a complete tube,steve wright never plays a complete record without talking pish over the end,skip over to radio4 at 5pm,plug i-pod in for an hour until the best show on radio comes on at 8pm-mark and stuart,thanks radio 2 for cutting them down to 3 nites :unamused:

Davyboy:
radio 2 needs a kick up the arse,chris evans i can take or leave,ken bruce-ok i suppose,jeremy vine is a complete tube,steve wright never plays a complete record without talking pish over the end,skip over to radio4 at 5pm,plug i-pod in for an hour until the best show on radio comes on at 8pm-mark and stuart,thanks radio 2 for cutting them down to 3 nites :unamused:

Yeah that ■■■■■■ me off an’ all. :frowning:

AT least Sarah Kennedy has had the decency to ■■■■ off ,she used to get on my nerves big time that woman.