crap chocolate

Is it me or is Cadburys chocolate bearly edible nowdays?,found myself chucking a small bar of this once wonderful product out the window last week,tasted bland and candle waxy to my discerning buds,hope the same fate doesn’t befall the still emperor of sweetmeats,the bounty.
I guess this is what happens when much loved,iconic uk brands fall into the talons of rapaclous yank corporations such as Kraft,purveyors of vile plastic cheese etc.even Holland and Barret have become the mcdonalds of health supplements now the Carlyle group is in control now.
Septic tank corporates are on a feeding frenzy at the moment,deeply perturbing.

Why not put in the bin?

And that’s why truck drivers are not welcome anywhere to park.

eagerbeaver:
Why not put in the bin?

+1

I do like a cadburys creme egg though (nibble the tip and lick out the sweet creamy centre), over the years the pleasure has stayed pretty constant, finger of fudges have changed a lot though since I was a nipper.

Dipper_Dave:

eagerbeaver:
Why not put in the bin?

+1

I do like a cadburys creme egg though (nibble the tip and lick out the sweet creamy centre), over the years the pleasure has stayed pretty constant, finger of fudges have changed a lot though since I was a nipper.

Yes you’re right Dave they are no longer enough to give you a treat

Cadburys chocolate tastes like ■■■■ nowadays because about a year and a half ago (I think) they stopped using milk chocolate and substituted it for something else. Cant place the name but I know it is vastly inferior.

It’s because it’s now made by an American company using cheaper ingredients.

Same reason for why cream eggs no longer have that absolute mess of cream in the middle and now have a more solidified version.

Fordism and Maggie Thatcher are almost certainly to blame! Haven’t noticed anything different myself but then I’m more of a Kit Kat eater. :wink:

Pete.

Do you prefer 4 fingers, or two Pete?

Pretty consistent with American ‘candy’…

Utterly ■■■■■… grim … vomitous.

windrush:
Fordism and Maggie Thatcher are almost certainly to blame! Haven’t noticed anything different myself but then I’m more of a Kit Kat eater. :wink:

Pete.

OMG what you doing!!!

This is gonna be a multiple CF thread now!

manalishi:
Is it me or is Cadburys chocolate bearly edible nowdays?,found myself chucking a small bar of this once wonderful product out the window last week,tasted bland and candle waxy to my discerning buds,hope the same fate doesn’t befall the still emperor of sweetmeats,the bounty.
I guess this is what happens when much loved,iconic uk brands fall into the talons of rapaclous yank corporations such as Kraft,purveyors of vile plastic cheese etc.even Holland and Barret have become the mcdonalds of health supplements now the Carlyle group is in control now.
Septic tank corporates are on a feeding frenzy at the moment,deeply perturbing.

Totally agree…my Friday afternoon drive back to base treat is now Tesco’s fruit and nut,quite tasty,and only 75p a bar.It’s a bugger trying to open the wrapper,though,when I’m going through the narrow lanes between 16 and 17 on the M1 …nearly hit the tin wall yesterday :open_mouth: :wink:

andy187:
OMG what you doing!!!

Yep, let’s just cut to the chase and put up the wiki page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_chocolate
:grimacing:

Wagon Wheels aint wot they used to be either, smaller than when they were in the open sleeve and don’t have that nougat flavour of yor.

Juddian:
Wagon Wheels aint wot they used to be either, smaller than when they were in the open sleeve and don’t have that nougat flavour of yor.

Will that reference stop this thread being moved to Bully’s? :open_mouth:
But you’re right…

Evil8Beezle:

andy187:
OMG what you doing!!!

Yep, let’s just cut to the chase and put up the wiki page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_chocolate
:grimacing:

Blimey I don’t understand the problem I knew Cadbury’s was zb from the time I found Lindt in the early 1970’s. :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :laughing:

The only disaster in that case was having to make sure now not to confuse the real thing ‘Classic’ or Gold Bars with the French ‘Excellence’ stuff and when they stopped the old tear off strip around the packaging.Having said that Caillers was/is another good one but rare and difficult to find here and even on the continent now. :wink:

I saw a lass eating a Yorkie the other day…things 'aint how they used to be… :cry:

Evil8Beezle:
Will that reference stop this thread being moved to Bully’s? :open_mouth:

No. :smiley:

Carryfast:
Blimey I don’t understand the problem I knew Cadbury’s was zb from the time I found Lindt in the early 1970’s. :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Are you saying you haven’t supported British jobs and infrastructure since the 70’s, and are partially responsible for our downfall? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

Carryfast:

Are you saying you haven’t supported British jobs and infrastructure since the 70’s, and are partially responsible for our downfall? :open_mouth:

:laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Carryfast:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: