CPC module 2

Thanks guys I appreciate your input.

It’s mostly common sense imo.

Most of the questions, you don’t even need to read the case study if you already learned the theory test.

buying a book is cheaper.

51bv5fXhq2L.SX351_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

2live:
It’s mostly common sense imo.

Most of the questions, you don’t even need to read the case study if you already learned the theory test.

buying a book is cheaper.

That book is useless. I don’t know how the DVSA get away with selling it.

My tip is to do the theory and case studies tests back to back rather than doing the case studies test after you’ve taken your test.

If the theory study knowledge is still in your head you shouldn’t have a problem with the case studies.

^^^ More or less what I said.

The book handy, and will only enhance your knowledge.

BigRob25:
sign up to drivingtheory4all if you want to pass this test !!! every single answer is on there and its only £18 for 60 days. it is really really good honestly i couldnt knock it. btw im in no way affiliated with the site lol it just really helped me. on my theory disk there was nothing about CMR - RATIOS - gb domestic hours etc etc but its all on drivingtheory4all.co.uk. DOOOO ITTTTTT

I agree. signed up late week, passed today 47/50

BigRob25:
sign up to drivingtheory4all if you want to pass this test !!! every single answer is on there and its only £18 for 60 days. it is really really good honestly i couldnt knock it. btw im in no way affiliated with the site lol it just really helped me. on my theory disk there was nothing about CMR - RATIOS - gb domestic hours etc etc but its all on drivingtheory4all.co.uk. DOOOO ITTTTTT

I contacted these guys on their Facebook page to question them last week on the questions and case studies to see if they are actual the case studies I will encounter on my test,
The guy who got back to me said no they are not.

Have read the large goods vehicle handbook that was hard, now going to go over the theory test app again.

Dazza1shot:

BigRob25:

I contacted these guys on their Facebook page to question them last week on the questions and case studies to see if they are actual the case studies I will encounter on my test,
The guy who got back to me said no they are not.

Have read the large goods vehicle handbook that was hard, now going to go over the theory test app again.

Of course they’re not going to be the same questions as you get in the test.

Why would you expect them to be?

Just saying if people expect the full test and answer syllabus from that page as in full on mock exam then it could be misleading.

Dazza1shot:
Just saying if people expect the full test and answer syllabus from that page as in full on mock exam then it could be misleading.

I don’t think anyone other than it would appear yourself would.

You didn’t take your practical knowing which way the examiner was going to ask you to turn.

I think you’d be paying them a hell of a lot more than £18.00 if they were going to provide you with the questions and answers you get in the test.

jonnyboat:

Dazza1shot:

You didn’t take your practical knowing which way the examiner was going to ask you to turn.

I think you’d be paying them a hell of a lot more than £18.00 if they were going to provide you with the questions and answers you get in the test.

Never meant to cause offence pal just pointing out is all.

Dazza1shot:

jonnyboat:

Dazza1shot:

It’s just a funny expectation you seem to have. Why did you think you’d be given the questions and answers before sitting the test? It wouldn’t be much of a test if you walked in and knew what you’d be asked would it now.

to be fair though jonnyboat they used to up until quite recently give the full list of questions and answers to the multiple choice test making it pretty pointless.

its understandable that some might think they are paying for actual questions or at least very similar.

LE1erRE:
to be fair though jonnyboat they used to up until quite recently give the full list of questions and answers to the multiple choice test making it pretty pointless.

its understandable that some might think they are paying for actual questions or at least very similar.

No, I’m pretty certain they didn’t. They were/are similar but not the same.

Just as with drivingtheory4all the case studies are similar but not the same.

Kind of like doing last years GCSE paper when you were at school in order to practice for this year.

Same sort of questions and level but not the actual questions

someone might come along soon and clear it up but i’m pretty sure they used be all the official actual questions and answers up until a couple of years ago.

the only difference with the real test was that answers were not in the same sequence as they were in the book.

i could be mistaken but that is what i think it was.

All passed just getting tired of companies wanting you to do your 35 hours now rather than over the next 5 years, if it wasn’t for advice on this forum I’d have paid out my 3-400 for the 35 hours in a class room on top of the driving and test, instead £22 a few late nights revising and bingo passed, and can now do the training required over 5 years

well done mate, supposed to be a tricky test. doing mine next friday.

on another matter:

. No, I’m pretty certain they didn’t. They were/are similar but not the same.
Just as with drivingtheory4all the case studies are similar but not the same.
Kind of like doing last years GCSE paper when you were at school in order to practice for this year.
Same sort of questions and level but not the actual questions

found this on gov website:

From 23 January 2012 the theory test will be made up of multiple-choice questions which are no longer published in learning materials.
The reason behind the move is to stop candidates from simply memorising theory test questions and answers and learning by rote.

blimey,

I wonder what the pass rate was in 2011

blimey,

I wonder what the pass rate was in 2011

:smiley:

probably same as it is now I wouldn’t be surprised.

shocking thing is it was like that since it first came in. what was it 1996? people were still failing.

i can understand why they finally changed it but why did they do it in the first place? like you say you wouldn’t give gcse, a’level, degree student the actual exam a few days/weeks/months in advance before they sit THAT exam.

looking at car pass figures before and after the change:
2014-15 male 48.7% female 53.6%
2013-14 male 48.8% female 54.7%
2012-13 male 56.2% female 62.3%
2011-12 male 58.1% female 63.7%
2010-11 male 60.4% female 66.0%
2009-10 male 61.1% female 66.9%
2008-09 male 62.6% female 68.7%

has definitely got harder despite the fact that all the questions are just worded slightly differently since the change. and women are better than men. not sure if that is true with hgv as well.

jonnyboat:

Dazza1shot:

jonnyboat:

Dazza1shot:

It’s just a funny expectation you seem to have. Why did you think you’d be given the questions and answers before sitting the test? It wouldn’t be much of a test if you walked in and knew what you’d be asked would it now.

No the expectation I have is based on your earlier posts are in that you are asked the questions same as in the app I used to pass the theory.
If you got an incorrect answer on that it showed you the correct answer along with an explanation.
Nothing really silly about it i thought this would be the same as that,
Was not expecting to be made out to be the village idiot nor to cause offence

Dazza1shot:
No the expectation I have based on your earlier posts are that you are asked to questions same as in the app I used to pass the theory.
If you got an incorrect answer on that it showed you the correct answer along with an explanation.
Nothing really silly about it i thought this would be the same as that, was not expecting to be made out to be the village idiot nor to cause offence

I haven’t got a clue what you’re going on about now mate in all honesty.

It wasn’t my intention to make you feel like the village idiot but well done for passing.