cpc hours ?????

Just a quick question

If you are training to upgrade your licence from c to c+e can you attribute your training hours to your cpc 35hrs requirements :question:

Jennie

Yes you can Jennie,

As long as each training day is at least 7 hours and the C+E course is approved.

Regards

Sean

When I say approved.I mean JAUPT approved

Regards

Sean

Thanks thats good news :stuck_out_tongue:
jennie

hgvlgvtraining:
Yes you can Jennie,

As long as each training day is at least 7 hours and the C+E course is approved.

Regards

Sean

Why does each training day have to be 7 hours long for this when other training courses can be split over two days of 3.5 hours each, provided the second part commences within 24 hours of the first?

Coffeeholic:

hgvlgvtraining:
Yes you can Jennie,

Regards

Sean

Why does each training day have to be 7 hours long for this when other training courses can be split over two days of 3.5 hours each, provided the second part commences within 24 hours of the first?

Ohh never thought of that and if training 1-1 then four hours ish would be norm is that right so can you do what coffeeholic says and split the hrs ?
Jennie x

OMG you are right!

7 hours over 24 hours is permitted.

I forgot about that one

hgvlgvtraining:
OMG you are right!

You say that like it’s a surprise? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

Suprised that I should have known without being reminded. Nice one!

Hello Sean

I never knew that the C+E course could count towards CPC. Are you saying that 5 separate JAUPT approved courses each lasting 7 hours or more but collectively making a full C+E course could total the full 35 hours ?

If so this seems the obvious answer to many people.

John

hgvlgvtraining:

Regards

Sean

Are there any C+E courses that are approved for JAUPT approval?? I can’t see anyone that would pay for 35 hours C+E training to get the Driver CPC qualification!!

chevmac:

hgvlgvtraining:

Regards

Sean

Are there any C+E courses that are approved for JAUPT approval?? I can’t see anyone that would pay for 35 hours C+E training to get the Driver CPC qualification!!

In answer to that…No, its not been accepted for CPC qualification, as this training is the basic training. It dosen’t cover 1 topic, the training is an all round basic starter for want of a better discription. The CPC is for specific catagories carrying a minimum of 7 hours per catagory. Unless you repeat some of them.

instructorone:

chevmac:

hgvlgvtraining:

Regards

Sean

In answer to that…No, its not been accepted for CPC qualification, as this training is the basic training.

Hi

so are you saying that the training hours cannot be downloaded to contribute to ongoing cpc , basicaly the reason im asking this is looking to do c+e and if can allocate these hours to my ongoing cpc I would not have to pay extra to get my card with the extra courses you can see my reasoning :question:
Jennie x

Hi Jennie

No, the C+E training cannot be counted towards the CPC, While you may well believe it is ongoing training from your Class C, in effect it’s not quite. The C+E training is just that…teaching you how to deal with a +E, the coupling up, reversing, positioning and so forth. It would be good if it could be counted, but as yet it hasn’t.

:cry: oh well even more money to be saved then :exclamation:
thanks
Jennie x

I am glad this topic is being discussed.
Are you saying that JAUPT will not approve C+E (not necessarily the whole 35) at all?

I find that hard to believe that JAUPT would not approve any elements of a C+E course. After all it is formal training and as long as you completed at least 7 hours in a 24 hour period you could get hours counted towards your periodic element. We as a training company have considered getting it approved but the cost, administration and lack of interest from customers has stopped us going for it so far.

But if we wanted to and the course matched the JAUPT syllabus (which parts do) then surely we could.

As long as no exam was taken then what is the problem.

If anyone has tried to get approval and then been rejected I would love to hear why. I spoke with JAUPT on Friday just gone (not about C+E) and the criteria is straight forward. If it meets the syllabus and meet the timings then why not.

So Jennie I would still say in principal you could get elements of your C+E counted as periodic training.

I wait to be corrected.

hgvlgvtraining

chevmac:

hgvlgvtraining:

Regards

Sean

I go back to my original question - does any training company have a C+E course JAUPT approved■■? Is this something you may be looking to do Sean?

Hi John,

We were / are always looking at making courses more attractive to customers. We discussed it but as yet we have not submitted a course to JAUPT for approval. Not on the grounds it would not be approved. More on the grounds that the uptake / demand appears not to be there at the moment (as with all periodic Driver CPC.)

I would find it hard pressed to get the full 35 hours as the 5th day of our HGV course are test days and you cannot submit a course if it comprises an exam. So I guess 28 hours would be the max. I personally have not heard of any training company that has sought or attained there C+E courses for approval. I would have thought however that some training company/ies out there must have considered and even applied to JAUPT.

It would be nice to know what JAUPT would do.

I’ve moved the other two duplicates of this post elsewhere. dd. :wink:

hgvlgvtraining:
Hi John,

We were / are always looking at making courses more attractive to customers. We discussed it but as yet we have not submitted a course to JAUPT for approval. Not on the grounds it would not be approved. More on the grounds that the uptake / demand appears not to be there at the moment (as with all periodic Driver CPC.)

I would find it hard pressed to get the full 35 hours as the 5th day of our HGV course are test days and you cannot submit a course if it comprises an exam. So I guess 28 hours would be the max. I personally have not heard of any training company that has sought or attained there C+E courses for approval. I would have thought however that some training company/ies out there must have considered and even applied to JAUPT.

It would be nice to know what JAUPT would do.

Heard you the first time Sean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Really soz chaps.

I keep thinking it has not posted. I guess by ur comment I did it 3 times (Doh!)