cpc hours ?????

hgvlgvtraining:
Really soz chaps.

I keep thinking it has not posted. I guess by ur comment I did it 3 times (Doh!)

Hi Sean,

Yes mate, the site suffered some kind of glitch… :frowning:

There were three posts all the same, but I’ve moved two of them elsewhere. All fixed now though!! :smiley:

chevmac:
Heard you the first time Sean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure what you mean…

I can only see one post. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Hi guys

I really appreciate all the info

Regards submitting a call to jaupt for approval , from my point of view I am self employed so all my courses have to be paid for by myself

I cannot understand how this will not make your courses more in demand as having recently taken cat c training which i have now found out i could have had downloaded :unamused: but hey ho

I have grandfather rights on my licence so will have until 2014 to do my ongoing training to take me to 2019 now if i am paying out to upgrade my licence if i can use those hours to contribute towards my ongoing cpc all the better as i will not have to pay out extra for the cpc courses surely if you advertise this ie driver training can count twds ongoing cpc, many people like myself when took cat c did not know this and may attract people to your training companies because of that way of saving money :bulb:

obviously do not know the costs involved here and so that is your decision to do this but i am certainly looking to get the best value for my money hense the op I already have done a digi tach course after my pass in April so only need the 28 hrs so for me would be perfect answer use my c+e training to top up my hours then can start saving towards ongoing cpc for 2014 to 2019 :exclamation:

Jennie x

I thought the driver CPC was for already qualified drivers, so having it as part of the DCPC seems a bit wooly. The initial qualification is the only one that may be allowed to qualify isnt it?

New drivers who undertake a National Vocational Training programme are still able to obtain a vocational licence but can defer the Initial Qualification by up to a maximum of one year whilst, still being able to drive professionally. An example of a National Vocational Training programme would be an Apprenticeship in Driving Goods Vehicles. Drivers intending to use this concession will have to register with the Driving Standards Agency.

Does that one year expire on the 10th September 2010?

DSA are introducing modular tests so that drivers can obtain their driving licence and Initial Qualification separately or at the same time.

The Theory test will be in 3 parts:

Module 1a - licence acquisition - 100 multiple choice questions

Module 1b - licence acquisition - 19 hazard perception clips

Module 2 - Initial Qualification — 3 to 6 case studies

Case studies have been designed in close consultation with industry stakeholders to meet the needs of the candidate and the Driver CPC Directive. The questions are scenario based and the candidate is asked a range of questions relating to this situation. Case studies wherever possible will use diagrams, pictures and graphics.

Test presentation will be screen-based, like the theory test for driving licence acquisition, and will be delivered from existing theory test centres.

The Practical test will be in 2 parts:

Module 3 - licence acquisition - 1.5 hours of on-road practical testing

Module 4 - Initial Qualification - 0.5 hours practical safety demonstration test, using a test vehicle for the category.

OK,
I will Try and keep it as simple as possible. This is how I read the situation.

Driver CPC came into force 10th Sept 2009.

2 types of qualification. Initial and periodic.

Initial Driver CPC:
New entrants who want C1 and C (who do not already have C1) and want to drive professionally need to do initial Driver CPC, i.e. modules 1,2,3 and 4.

Once new entrants have passed C1 or C ( or who have C1 under grandfather rights) will then be subject to periodic training: 35 hours every 5 years.

Periodic Driver CPC is for those who already had C1, C and C+E on 10th Sept 2009. They must complete 35 hours every 5 years (by 10th Sept 2014)
Periodic also applies to those new entrants who have attained the initial Driver CPC C1 or C (or have C1 under grandfather rights but the 35 hours they must complete will not be 10th September 2014. it will be 5 years to the date after having passed module 4.

i.e. I am a new entrant and I don’t have C1 under grandfather right. I take my initial cat C along with initial driver CPC and complete module 4 (say) 10th December 2009. Then I must complete 35 hours periodic training by 10th December 2014.

What Jennie (I think) is trying to say here is that she already has cat (it really does not matter when she passed it, i.e. before or after 10th September 2009.)

The point is she has to do the 35 hours periodic. She wants to attend a cat C+E course and wants to get periodic Driver CPC hours at the same time.

This in principle is possible as long as two factors count.

1, the course is at least 7 hours in duration within 24 hours periodic
2, the course is JAUPT approved (that is down to the training company to get approval) and JAUPT to approve it.

If those 2 criteria are met then she could do C+E and periodic Driver CPC at the same time.

I hope this clarifies the situation

hgvlgvtraining:
OK,
I will Try and keep it as simple as possible. … I hope this clarifies the situation

That’s a great post thanks Sean!!

Assuming the info is correct, (I’ve no reason to doubt it,) IMHO it’s nice and clear, concise and to the point. :smiley: