cpc holder

hi all ,iam a cpc holder ive had it 20 years but never used it i wondered if anyone can tell me if you can hire it out to transport companys any info much appreciated :smiley:

You can be employed as there cpc holder but there are certain duties you must carry out

polo:
hi all ,iam a cpc holder ive had it 20 years but never used it i wondered if anyone can tell me if you can hire it out to transport companys any info much appreciated :smiley:

Hi polo, what you’ve asked is possible, but it’s not quite as simple as “hire it out” I’m afraid.
The company you “hire” to must nominate you as their TM on their “O” licence, and that brings with it a whole host of obligations on both you and the company. As well as this, the Traffic Commissioner (TC) has input as to whether you get approval to be “nominated.”
For instance, you’ll be asked how many other companies have you listed as their TM, and what your work commitments are.
If you already have a full-time job, the TC will wonder how you’re going to put in enough hours to satisfy the requirements. :wink:
BTW, does the company have an “O” licence already, or is it a new venture??

For your part, you have to demonstrate how you intend to have continuous and effective control over the transport operation.
There is a guideline amount of TM hours per week set against the given number of vehicles on the “O” licence.
I’m also fairly sure that the TC will ask whether you’re familiar with the latest rules and Regs, cos they’ll notice how old your CPC is when you send it in to the Traffic Area Office.

Speaking only for myself, I would be very cautious before I put either of my CPCs on the line in this way, because some companies are just looking for a fall-guy. I know this from my own experience, so I would urge caution on your part. :wink:

You just have to be very careful as to what company you use you CPC for.
Ha it could be a company like the one I work for, then you’d be totally ■■■■ lol
I did my international CPC for my ex husband (please note the ex word :smiley: ) but never needed to use it.

big_■■■■■82:
You just have to be very careful as to what company you use you CPC for.
Ha it could be a company like the one I work for, then you’d be totally [zb] lol
I did my international CPC for my ex husband (please note the ex word :smiley: ) but never needed to use it.

I can see a future for me and you doing some Euro work. I don’t know why but i’m just geting the right vibes…are you a Virgo by any chance?

I do Euro work at the moment, and im actually a Leo, so watch out hun cause Im a bit of an animal :wink:

big_■■■■■82:
I do Euro work at the moment, and im actually a Leo, so watch out hun cause Im a bit of an animal :wink:

This just gets better. Let me sleep on it, so to speak !!!

What exactly do you wanna sleep on Mike? :wink:

big_■■■■■82:

JUst the whole idea of it really. Listen, could you just indulge me and send me a recording of you saying “do you like your bacon crispy”? There’s something about your accent that i love saying that !!!

TruckNet Companions R us

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

snafu:
TruckNet Companions R us

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh no, you’re included to. I hope you come and say…‘not here can you move along please’ !!!

Mike-C:

snafu:
TruckNet Companions R us

Oh no, you’re included to. I hope you come and say…‘not here can you move along please’ !!!

I usually say can I watch and then people move along all by themselves :blush: :laughing:

snafu:

Mike-C:

snafu:
TruckNet Companions R us

I usually say can I watch and then people move along all by themselves :blush: :laughing:

Not me mate, i’m a real exebisionist as you can guess ! You can come too, tel me how you like your bacon !!!

Mike-C:

snafu:

Mike-C:

snafu:
TruckNet Companions R us

Not me mate, i’m a real exebisionist as you can guess ! You can come too, tel me how you like your bacon !!!

Not crispy…anyway I prefer sausage ooh err matron :laughing:

snafu:
Not crispy…anyway I prefer sausage ooh err matron :laughing:

LOL!!! :smiley:

there are plenty of CPC (natl & intl) holders on this forum inc myself (I have both), and we know the pitfalls of renting out your CPC. I`ve always said that anyone wanting to get their own O licence should get their own CPC, there are usually obvious reasons why someone is unwilling to go through the CPC exams, and IMO there generally the same reasons why its not a good idea to rent out your CPC to them

peirre:
there are plenty of CPC (natl & intl) holders on this forum inc myself (I have both), and we know the pitfalls of renting out your CPC. I`ve always said that anyone wanting to get their own O licence should get their own CPC, there are usually obvious reasons why someone is unwilling to go through the CPC exams, and IMO there generally the same reasons why its not a good idea to rent out your CPC to them

Hi peirre, I also have both CPCs and I agree with every word you wrote.

TBF, there are many companies who have the “obvious reasons” you mentioned, but I have to say that there are some (only a few) genuine new-start firms with a good business plan, whose only fault was that they just didn’t realise what’s involved in terms of the time taken to legally get off the ground. The last time I “rented out” was for an “O” licence upgrade when a firm wanted to go from “own account” to “Standard National.” TBF, they were as good as gold and I had no concerns. The boss did do his Nat CPC within our agreed timescale, so that one was OK from my point of view. :smiley:

Mike-C:

big_■■■■■82:

JUst the whole idea of it really. Listen, could you just indulge me and send me a recording of you saying “do you like your bacon crispy”? There’s something about your accent that i love saying that !!![/quo

All my customers say I should leave the world of Haulage and go into the ■■■■■■■■■ industry :unamused:

big_■■■■■82:
All my customers say I should leave the world of Haulage and go into the ■■■■■■■■■ industry :unamused:

That seems a bit harsh. I’ve seen programmes about people in the ■■■■■■■■■ industry and most have great voices but a face like the back end of a badly sheeted trailer. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

big_■■■■■82:

That seems a bit harsh. I’ve seen programmes about people in the ■■■■■■■■■ industry and most have great voices but a face like the back end of a badly sheeted trailer. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Then maybe the glamour industry lol