Cpc for 7.5 ton?

Hi folks,
Do I need a cpc if I drive a 7.5t vehicle for an agency?
Thanks

hgvhgv:
Hi folks,
Do I need a cpc if I drive a 7.5t vehicle for an agency?
Thanks

I assume you mean driver CPC.

As you’re asking this question I assume that you had category C1 on your license before the driver CPC started in 2009 ?

If that’s the case you don’t have to do the initial test but will need to do 35 hours periodic training before September 2014.

I passed my car test in 2005 on my 18th birthday, and have recently passed my class 2. I know I need a cpc for the class 2 stuff but do I also need one for 7.5t?

Thanks

You need the Driver CPC qualification to drive a vehicle of category C1 for commercial purposes, so yes you would need it to drive a 7.5t vehicle for an agency.

Thanks mate

hgvhgv:
Thanks mate

You’re welcome, I’m sorry I couldn’t give you better news :wink:

tachograph:
You need the Driver CPC qualification to drive a vehicle of category C1 for commercial purposes, so yes you would need it to drive a 7.5t vehicle for an agency.

As tachograph says, you need LGV DCPC to drive category C1, C1E, C or CE vehicles commercially. As you passed your car test after 1997, you will need to take LGV initial DCPC before you can drive 7.5t vehicles via an agency. This is the same DCPC that you need to use your recent category C pass commercially.

Considering the driver CPC is effectively the same thing for both bus and lorry, then the better way to list it would be as said, the ‘drivers cpc’.

Is it from 3.5t upwards you need the CPC card for commercial, and would you need it for D1 (minibus) too? I know you do for the D…

Only reason I ask is i been offered some work but still have to do my .od4 a week from now. Chances of getting caught are slim but not worth the 1k fine!

Saratoga:
Considering the driver CPC is effectively the same thing for both bus and lorry, then the better way to list it would be as said, the ‘drivers cpc’.

Is it from 3.5t upwards you need the CPC card for commercial, and would you need it for D1 (minibus) too? I know you do for the D…

The Driver CPC covers vehicles of category C1 and up driven for commercial purposes so yes vehicles with a MAM of 3.5t or more, also the category D1 requires a Driver CPC if the vehicle is used for commercial purposes.

Thanks Tachograph :wink:

Saratoga:

This is a slightly dangerous statement. Initial DCPC is different for LGV and PCV, though there are similarities between the LGV and PCV variants of the module 2 and module 4 tests.

Periodic training is counted towards the requirements for both LGV and PCV DCPC for drivers that hold both types.

Saratoga:

LGV DCPC is needed to drive all C categories commercially - C1, C1E, C and CE.
PCV DCPC is needed to drive all D categories commercially - D1, D1E, D and DE.

Looks like I need 2 dcpc then

Noworries:
Looks like I need 2 dcpc then

Why ?

djw:
LGV DCPC is needed to drive all C categories commercially - C1, C1E, C and CE.
PCV DCPC is needed to drive all D categories commercially - D1, D1E, D and DE.

This is why

I believe that once you have passed the initial Driver CPC tests for either LGV or PCV there is a ‘Conversion’ test to qualify you for the other vehicle type. I have tried looking up precise details to give a fuller answer but seem to be finding conflicting opinions.

Perhaps someone has experienced this and can provise a concise answer.

I was under the impression that the Initial DCPC test covered you for both LGV and PSV but I don’t know much about the initial DCPC so I’m probably wrong :frowning:

Certainly the periodic training counts for both if you’re licensed for both PSV and LGV.

tachograph:
I was under the impression that the Initial DCPC test covered you for both LGV and PSV but I don’t know much about the initial DCPC so I’m probably wrong :frowning:

Certainly the periodic training counts for both if you’re licensed for both PSV and LGV.

They are different tests dependent on the category.

4 modules for a PCV CPC

4 modules for an LGV CPC

dar1976:

tachograph:

They are different tests dependent on the category.

4 modules for a PCV CPC

4 modules for an LGV CPC

Well I said I was probably wrong, so I was right about that :blush: :laughing:

LGVTrainer:
I believe that once you have passed the initial Driver CPC tests for either LGV or PCV there is a ‘Conversion’ test to qualify you for the other vehicle type. I have tried looking up precise details to give a fuller answer but seem to be finding conflicting opinions.

Perhaps someone has experienced this and can provise a concise answer.

Having taken the LGV CPC 2 years ago and the PCV CPC in the last 4 weeks, I can confirm that the conversion test only highlights the relevant subject matter for the Category you are applying for and negates any overlap that would be included in a standard test. Ie where EU hours are identical in both C and D categories.

Hope this makes sense