Coventry haulage companies

i remember APLIN RICHARDSONS B BROWN AND SONS DOWELLS GRIMLEY AND SONS FREDERICK ALLEN ; SAUNDERS MOUSLEY ALL FROM COV AREA ALL WORKED TO GETHER IN THE OLD DAYS

KEITHERIC29:
i remember APLIN RICHARDSONS B BROWN AND SONS DOWELLS GRIMLEY AND SONS FREDERICK ALLEN ; SAUNDERS MOUSLEY ALL FROM COV AREA ALL WORKED TO GETHER IN THE OD DAYS

What year did BRS take Mortons over ? Bewick.

Keitheric29… there’s already a thread on Coventry Companies.

Bewick around 1968

Dieseldog66:
Keitheric29… there’s already a thread on Coventry Companies.

Bewick around 1968

Thanks for that DD6,I thought it was a few years earlier though !! Bewick.

Aye Mortons of Coventry allways good for a load of Tractors in those good old long gone days, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Aye Mortons of Coventry allways good for a load of Tractors in those good old long gone days, Regards Larry.

If I was pushed for time and wanted to get back home,sharpish like,cause I knew the Libby factory were desperate for the motor,I would sometimes ring Mortons,never failed to get a couple of Massey Fergies for Dobsons of Levens,next door village to Milnthorpe plus I could get them off same night ready for reloading in the factory next morning.Loaded Fords from both Brentwood and Slip End off Inter City for either Bradshaws near Preston or for Crofts in Kendal.Same quick load as Fergies but both rates were rubbish although the quick load and unload made up for some of the crap rate and I was back on the doorstep of my main customer !! Cheers Dennis.

I know they are not Fergies out of Coventry and the shot is a lot later than the era I was on about in the previous post,but we did do the odd loads of Plant and tractors regularly over the years,this is an '80’s shot in the depot at Milnthorpe.

Dennis you could be right, I will endeavor to find out.

Dieseldog66:

3703520957_0f356abe8e_m.jpg

KEITHERIC29:

Dieseldog66:

Ralph Jackson’s motor

BEDWORTH

376239_418717138180536_401860737_n.jpg

FREDERICK ALLEN BEDWORTH

FREDERICK ALLEN BEDWORTH

KEITHERIC29:
FREDERICK ALLEN BEDWORTH

FREDERICK ALLEN HAULAGE BEDWORTH

Bewick:
I know they are not Fergies out of Coventry and the shot is a lot later than the era I was on about in the previous post,but we did do the odd loads of Plant and tractors regularly over the years,this is an '80’s shot in the depot at Milnthorpe.

THESE ARE FRENCH FERGIES SORRY NOT A LOCAL TRUCK BUT THERE THEY ARE A BIT OF HISTORY

8481556911_c67079227b.jpg

BACK LOAD VIA FREDERICK ALLEN BEDWORTH AT THE TIME

UNX541G

FREDERICK ALLEN HAULAGE BEDWORTH OLD PARK ROAD DEPOT

FREDERICK ALLEN HAULAGE BEDWORTH