Coventry Companies

:grimacing:

Took this Transcontinental from Coventry on Toddington Services in 1978.

dieseldog6:
Right does anyone have any photo’s or stories of these outfits.
Mortons of Coventry (Mortons BRS)
Brady Transport Coventry
Mousley Trucking, when they were at Siskin Dr
GKN Foundations
Cartransport BRS
Furness and Parker
Progressive Deliveries
Canley Car Deliveries
Motor Packing
Red House Motors
Ellis Greaves

a couple i found earlier

Curnock they haven’t come up, where are the photos?

i can see them !

I’ve just got a red X on mine, which companies are they of?

click on the red x

Done that but still can’t see em?

mike t:
Took this Transcontinental from Coventry on Toddington Services in 1978.

was this when you were able to park on there :wink:

You can still get on there sometimes, so long as you don’t want to open your door. My mate phoned me from there the other day and said he thought he’d took a wrong turn and ended up in Willi Betz yard.

dieseldog6:
Curtis- Hillage were two transport companies that sort of joined up for a while. Malcolm Hillage used to run the Oak Pub in Baginton where I lived, that Marathon was driven by Johnny Hexton I think, who told me he went to the Middle East in it, can any one verify that.
Ellis Greaves yard was on the Fosse Way beween Rugby and Princethorpe.

i can verify that johnny exton drove the LEYLAND pictured (and rightfully named Louise jennifer) to the middle east more than once.

if you have any other pictures of curtis-hillage trucks i would be grateful if you could let me have a copy.

hillage1

Is that you Malc?

Someone somewhere must have a photo of some of Mortons BRS of Coventry,

Does anyone remember Coventry Continentale(thats how it was spelt) or John Pratt who used to run it, he worked for Progressive before he was an owner driver,unmissable AEC Mandator all the bells and whistle and then some , used to park in the long gone and much missed cedars cafe on the old a45

I remember him well, but it was a Mercury not a Mandator, it never looked the same after it was taken over by Maurice James and was painted Orange He married my next door neighbour at one point. Coventry continental had the Haniel contract, Rodger Greenwell worked there, not sure if Johnny is still alive, he was on for, sheertrucks last time i saw him so that was a while ago. If you remember him on Billy Horn’s lot, did you work in car delivery?

No never worked on car deliveries,when i was a lad i used to ride up to birmingham in one of J.W.Richards albions and met john as we always used to stop at the cedars cafe for breakfast about 6am on the way home later started driving and go drawn back to my old haunts and hooked up with John again when he started as an o/d

my uncle worked in coventry les varley

Dai, what was your Dads name, I knew lots of them…

Taffy Gunther (spelling)
Johnny Old
Goldie
Spud Murphy
Frank Walsh
Freddy Pratt
Nobby Clarke
John Sharp
Rod Hughes (spelling)
and some off Mortons Car Delivery
Dudley Lester-Hoyles
Chris …who came off the Bowyers job came from Swindon
Arthur Sinkingson and alot I know by sight.

dieseldog6:
Dai, what was your Dads name, I knew lots of them…
my dad was taffy gunter
Taffy Gunther (spelling)
Johnny Old
Goldie
Spud Murphy
Frank Walsh
Freddy Pratt
Nobby Clarke
John Sharp
Rod Hughes (spelling)
and some off Mortons Car Delivery
Dudley Lester-Hoyles
Chris …who came off the Bowyers job came from Swindon
Arthur Sinkingson and alot I know by sight.

les