Course Payments

I have done that FORS bike riding thingy. We done ours at Cambridge and it was right laugh! I was dreading the day but actually came away with a smile on my face…of course being paid at time and a half for the day eased the numb arse a bit! :laughing:

Tris:

raymundo:

Tris:
Oh yeh and the second half of the course involves riding a push bike around Leicester city centre.

What happens if you cant ride a bike ■■ talking 'bout the wheeled variety not the village one … :slight_smile:

Dunno, as far as I’m aware everyone’s doing it. We’ve got one driver who’s mid 70’s. :laughing:

Make sure you ask to see the Risk assessment before getting on the bike? :laughing:

msgyorkie:
I have done that FORS bike riding thingy. We done ours at Cambridge and it was right laugh! I was dreading the day but actually came away with a smile on my face…of course being paid at time and a half for the day eased the numb arse a bit! :laughing:

Did you have to wear helmets and hi viz? :imp:

Tris:

msgyorkie:

Did you have to wear helmets and hi viz? :imp:

Nope they were both optional. And as it would have messed up my slicked back hairstyle at the time then I opted out! :smiley:

Tris:

ROG:

Tris:
Oh yeh and the second half of the course involves riding a push bike around Leicester city centre.

I live in Leicester - what Saturday will you be riding :question:

March 23rd, I’ll be at the back of the convoy smoking a ■■■.

Thursday 23rd :question: - what time :question:

Tris:

raymundo:

Tris:

What happens if you cant ride a bike ■■ talking 'bout the wheeled variety not the village one … :slight_smile:

Dunno, as far as I’m aware everyone’s doing it. We’ve got one driver who’s mid 70’s. :laughing:

:smiley: we did it last year in manchester 10 lomas drivers the push bike bit was footing hilarias 2 drivers young and fit left the rest behind some stoped for a smoke half way ffs its onley 3 mile round me and my mate both 57 and never bin on a pushbike in over 50 years could not do foot all for pising our selfs laffing the bick ride leader kept coming back for most of usbest laff i had in years
go for it mate good luck… rod :laughing: :laughing:

Tris:

yt03:

Tris:

I bet it rains. :confused:

I’m not wearing a [zb] helmet. They can think again if they think I’m wearing a [zb] helmet.

PMSL Don’t forget to tuck your trousers in your socks :grimacing:

Pity they sacked the 30 stone driver, would’ve been hilarious seeing the bike snap under his weight.

:smiley: I know it’s not amazing pay for sacrificing a day off, but at least they are paying for the CPC and trying to pay you (not ideal mate but better than having to fork out yourself)

Tris:

I’m not wearing a [zb] helmet. They can think again if they think I’m wearing a [zb] helmet.

Is this for real?? What do they think this is actually going to reach you??

AndrewG:

Tris:

I won’t personally learn a thing from it that I don’t already know. Basically all they’ll say is give them plenty of room. And when approaching junctions pull right in to the kerb to stop the fückers sneaking down the side… or maybe they won’t say that, but I’ll continue to do it anyway. :slight_smile:

yt03:

Tris:

yt03:

Tris:

PMSL Don’t forget to tuck your trousers in your socks :grimacing:

Pity they sacked the 30 stone driver, would’ve been hilarious seeing the bike snap under his weight.

:smiley: I know it’s not amazing pay for sacrificing a day off, but at least they are paying for the CPC and trying to pay you (not ideal mate but better than having to fork out yourself)

Isn’t that a bit like throwing the towel in and giving up any hope of fighting for better terms?
We should grateful that we’re maintaining a qualification for your employers, without them paying us properly for it?
I agree limpers are different, but shouldn’t full time workers expect a proper days rate turning up at the firms request/demand?
Going along with whatever the management want, will only ever erode drivers T&C’s…
And if enough of us do it without thinking, the industry will adopt it! :open_mouth:

Hurrah, another day in the service of my employer, and this one’s at the weekend on a reduced rate. :unamused:

How to get squished by a tipper truck !! :slight_smile:

Tris:

AndrewG:

Tris:

I won’t personally learn a thing from it that I don’t already know. Basically all they’ll say is give them plenty of room. And when approaching junctions pull right in to the kerb to stop the fückers sneaking down the side… or maybe they won’t say that, but I’ll continue to do it anyway. :slight_smile:

:grimacing::wink:

Apparently these are your instructors, I’m sure it’ll be hell :imp: but make the best of a bad job. :laughing:

You have to sing this song as you go around, or it doesn’t count towards your DCPC.

Honestly I only posted this video because of the song, :smiley:

No really it’s true. :smiley:

What do you mean she’s an attractive, scantily clad young lady, I never noticed. :open_mouth: :laughing:

crap pic so deleted …

Tris:
I’ve had a letter informing me I am attending a Safe Urban Driving Course, on a Saturday

Tris:
(my days off).

It’s at another depot 28 miles from my normal place of work which would take me an hour each way.

They’ve informed me I will be paid £50, plus £5 meal contribution, plus £0.45/mile diesel for my car.

I’m expected to arrive at 0730 to sign in for an 0800 start, and that it will count towards 7 hours CPC.

So that’s 1 extra hour travel to attend, 30 minutes early to sign in, 7 hours course, 1 extra hour travel to get home = 9 hours 30 minutes on my day off for £55 … equating to £5.79 an hour.

Unbelievable. I’m fuming at the cheek of it.

Thoughts?

ROG:

Tris:

Does not compute! :sunglasses:

Tris:

Be sure to do your 10minute walk around checks before taking it on the road. And check the air quality measurements, don`t want to be inhaling all those particulates from nasty diesel lorries etc do you?

cupidstunt:

Tris:
I’ve had a letter informing me I am attending a Safe Urban Driving Course, on a Saturday

Tris:
(my days off).

It’s at another depot 28 miles from my normal place of work which would take me an hour each way.

They’ve informed me I will be paid £50, plus £5 meal contribution, plus £0.45/mile diesel for my car.

I’m expected to arrive at 0730 to sign in for an 0800 start, and that it will count towards 7 hours CPC.

So that’s 1 extra hour travel to attend, 30 minutes early to sign in, 7 hours course, 1 extra hour travel to get home = 9 hours 30 minutes on my day off for £55 … equating to £5.79 an hour.

Unbelievable. I’m fuming at the cheek of it.

Thoughts?

ROG:

Tris:

Does not compute! :sunglasses:

25th.

Tris:
I’ve had a letter

What letter? The one that never arrived? :wink:

"Isn’t that a bit like throwing the towel in and giving up any hope of fighting for better terms?
We should grateful that we’re maintaining a qualification for your employers, without them paying us properly for it?
I agree limpers are different, but shouldn’t full time workers expect a proper days rate turning up at the firms request/demand?
Going along with whatever the management want, will only ever erode drivers T&C’s…
And if enough of us do it without thinking, the industry will adopt it! :open_mouth:

Hurrah, another day in the service of my employer, and this one’s at the weekend on a reduced rate. :unamused:"

Well chances are if he goes back and says I aren’t attending, he probably won’t get any more money offered, or a "well if you are not willing to keep up with the CPC bye bye… In the real world drivers aren’t going to unite and stand together’ unfortunately half the time it’s like it or lump it…

As I said it’s not ideal :wink: