Course booked mod 2 cpc booking problem

well I’m 41 and after a few jobs where all my qualifications meant that I spend most of my waking hours in front of a PC I thought I would have a career change. Tried teaching but that was even worse so after much research I’m getting my licence sorted and then looking for a driving job.

passed my theory (94) and hazard perception (79) last week and booked on to a training course with Ribble Valley starting next week for cat C followed by cat C+E

passed my car test in 91 so I think I may fall into the acquired rights CPC but I would rather do the mod 2 and 4 so after finding I can’t book the mod 2 case studies online I phoned up pearson vue who now are checking with VOSA and it could take up to 20 days!

has anybody else had this problem and how long did it take for pearson vue to get back in touch?

This change has just really come into effect.
And yes, as you have found, the problem is that the central DVLA online booking system just won’t allow you to book the Mod. 2 Case Studies.
I looked into doing what you are attempting to do, but realized that it was, at this moment in time, still ‘easier’ and would take less time to just do the week of CPC instead.
Not sure there will be many people who can give advise due to obvious reasons, but let us know how it goes if you decide to be a ‘pioneer’ :wink:

Jon

Already been a few threads on this issue

Hopefully the DVSA/Pearson can get the systems updated soon

Thanks for the replies

Looked into doing the 35 hours cpc over 5 days and found a company in Burnley that can do this for £255 so it could be an option. Will have to do the cat c training first and wait for the licence to reappear from the DVLA (if I pass first time) before doing the cpc.

You can do your driver cpc before your CAT C if you wish. You can also get your driver training credited towards your 35 hours with some trainers - - ask the question.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Some LGV schools have their practical LGV courses approved for dcpc hours so if you are looking to get 35 hours this is how it can work …

C or CE course over 5 days
Test day does not count for dcpc hours
1 to 1 half days = 4 x 3.5 = 14 hours dcpc
2 to 1 full days = 4 x 7 = 28 hours dcpc

Peter Smythe:
You can do your driver cpc before your CAT C if you wish. You can also get your driver training credited towards your 35 hours with some trainers - - ask the question.

got my cat C training course starting next week on the Tuesday but will have a word with the trainer before the C+E course thanks for the idea :smiley:

Hi Ian,

Being an acquired rights holder I went down the route of doing mods 2 and 4. It took about 2 weeks for Pearson Vue to come back with my eligibility check. It’s a bit of a rigmarole but it saved me a few quid. It is two more tests which, potentially, could be failed but I think you would have to try hard to do that. I got 100% in my mod 4 and that was with the examiner doing a bit of prodding in the right direction. As it’s been said, if you can get your driving time towards CPC hours so much the better. I didn’t, unfortunately, as I was one of those numpties who went with a broker before I discovered this excellent forum. The benefit of hindsight. :unamused: Best of luck whatever way you go.

Cheers

Rich.

got my cat C training course starting next week on the Tuesday but will have a word with the trainer before the C+E course thanks for the idea :smiley:

Hope you realise you can get credits from both C and CE. Don’t waste the opportunity!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Have you asked the trainer if they have on road approval for CPC? I’m amazed that trainers don’t bother having the training JAUPT approved but it takes effort.

If not, I would personally do Mod 2 & 4. It’s quicker. It’s a bit complicated for anyone for the 1st time but most decent trainers can walk you through it.

Ian N:

Peter Smythe:

If the course is dcpc approved then you can still choose to have dcpc hours for it - providing the instructor is also dcpc approved

providing the instructor is also dcpc approved

… which is almost automatic if he/she is on the DVSA LGV Instructor Register. Sadly, many are not.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ian N:
Thanks for the replies

Looked into doing the 35 hours cpc over 5 days and found a company in Burnley that can do this for £255 so it could be an option. Will have to do the cat c training first and wait for the licence to reappear from the DVLA (if I pass first time) before doing the cpc.

That’ll be me … and dare I mention without breaking forum rules the current price is £225 :smiley: A BARGAIN. We can manage without the licence.

Where are you doing the driver training?

doing the training with Steve at Ribble Valley HGV

5 days cat C followed by another 5 days for cat C+E plus some other training too

what would you need if my licence was with the DVLA?

I’m having the same issue, in fact I can’t even find a link to book the mod 2 test any more. :frowning:
If anyone has a phone number I’d be grateful. (My nearest centre is Shrewsbury if it makes any odds).
Iiiiiiiiiii thank u. :slight_smile:

If you log on to the theory booking site there is the number and email to contact Pearson vue.

I just phoned up the helpline.

Hope this helps

Cheers Ian, just saved it to my phone ready for tomorrow.

Wavestarved:
Cheers Ian, just saved it to my phone ready for tomorrow.

did you mange to phone them … I guess you will get told the same as me in that they have to send a request to get the records checked and could take a few weeks

I have phoned them but got absolutely nowhere with them, just passed around for 15 minutes (40p a minute, someone’s making a killing here) gonna try from my landline now.
What number did you ring them on Ian?

I phoned on 0300 200 1188

I would tell them when you got your first licence and that you have grandfather or acquired rights but you want to do the mod 2 and mod 4 route and they need to back check with VOSA or is it the DVLA.