Coupling question

Guys,
On a Daf CF unit, there’s a hand-held box down the r/h side of the driver’s seat, used for adjusting the 5th wheel height before coupling to a fresh trailer.
I was in an ERF the other day - there was no box to adjust the height - fortunately the height was OK for the trailer anyway.
Where are these height adjustment controls on other tractor units ?
Thanks,

(Ps I’m sure there’s not just one answer to this question !)

On a Daf CF unit, there’s a hand-held box down the r/h side of the driver’s seat, used for adjusting the 5th wheel height before coupling to a fresh trailer.
I was in an ERF the other day - there was no box to adjust the height - fortunately the height was OK for the trailer anyway.
Where are these height adjustment controls on other tractor units ?

Not all units have these luxuries so its back to the tried and trusted way.
Adjust the height using the trailer legs.

So are you saying you can raise the height of a fully laden trailer using the legs ? I was thinking it’d be too heavy for that !

gerontius:
So are you saying you can raise the height of a fully laden trailer using the legs ? I was thinking it’d be too heavy for that !

The handle spigot has 2 settings ( well 3 if you count the no-mans land in the middle!) PUSH IN and PULL OUT.
The pull out is normal winding and the push in is minute winding - like the difference between the highest and lowest gear setting on a 16 gear push bike.
you can use the push in setting to raise or lower a fully laden trailer - it takes ages though :exclamation:

My ERF, (Wreg EC11) had a switch on the dash to dump the air in the suspension, and return it to its original position. It’s not an option to raise the suspension on this truck. That’s when you have to revert to old fashioned muscle to lower the trailer onto the plate by winding the legs up :cry: .