Counterpart Driving Licence

Do you guys carry your paper bit when working??

Nope, never have

Yes, its in my Bag.

I understand that both parts go together, so need to be produced together.

If Vosa or the ‘Fuzz’ want you to produce at the roadside, what’s the point in saying “its at home” they only give you a producer, then you have to ■■■■ about going up to the Cop shop, stand behind all the Local ‘Crims’, hand it over, for the ‘Nice Desk Sergeant’ to Um & Arr over because you’ve got 6 points, fill out all your details, then drive home again.

Total waste of an hour of my life. :unamused:

Yes I do…

Yes

Do police still bother with producers these days when all the info is available on databases?

You must carry your cpc by law also or if you get a bugger they can take your keys.

Nope, no need, it’s all computerised nowadays. If you really want to, you could just make a note of your driver number and jot it down on a bit of paper.

Yes but only because I’m on agency and some companies want to see/photocopy it.

Yes as previous post keep them all in my folder as they copy them.

sweeper1gg:
You must carry your cpc by law also or if you get a bugger they can take your keys.

no they cant :unamused:

nick2008:

sweeper1gg:

If you have a DQC and are not carrying it with you it is a fine of £30 but if they check (easy to do at roadside) and you have not done the required training then they can stop you from driving any further as well as a possible fine of up to £1000 for the driver and the operator

Yes, as some firms I deal with want to see it & copy it before they send you out in their trucks.

Yep, always have both parts of my licence, digicard and ID card with me.
Cheers
Paul

Yes me too. Both parts of licence, DIGI card, CPC card and ADR card.

cheers lads,had it in my wallet for a few days but it hangs out and its getting wrecked so i put it back in the draw!!

ROG:

nick2008:

sweeper1gg:

If you have a DQC and are not carrying it with you it is a fine of £30 but if they check (easy to do at roadside) and you have not done the required training then they can stop you from driving any further as well as a possible fine of up to £1000 for the driver and the operator

Rog … read your last bit again please since the requirement does not come into force until next year .

nick2008:

ROG:

nick2008:

sweeper1gg:

Rog … read your last bit again please since the requirement does not come into force until next year .

If you already have received a DQC then it must be carried

All the laws are now in because it also applies to those who need initial dcpc

ROG:

nick2008:

ROG:

nick2008:

sweeper1gg:

If you already have received a DQC then it must be carried

All the laws are now in because it also applies to those who need initial dcpc

I know that but I’m saying … if you haven’t yet got it they can’t stop you as enforcement starts next year ubder grandfather rights . Also for our overseas friends living here at least 7 hours must be done in the UK

nick2008:
if you haven’t yet got it they can’t stop you

That is why I said - if a driver has received one

For those with LGV GF rights who have not completed the 35 hours then there is no issue until after 09/09/2014