Counterpart Driving Licence

ROG:

nick2008:
if you haven’t yet got it they can’t stop you

That is why I said - if a driver has received one

For those with LGV GF rights who have not completed the 35 hours then there is no issue until after 09/09/2014

not quite what you said is it if you read what you wrote.

ROG:

nick2008:

For those with LGV GF rights who have not completed the 35 hours then there is no issue until after 09/09/2014

Wasn’t there a case recently regarding a coach company, whose drivers had done no DCPC modules on the run up to the deadline for PCV holders? The TC took a dim view of this and put the company off the road until the drivers had done some modules. This was before the deadline, so maybe there could be issues for some drivers just now.

damoq:

ROG:

nick2008:

Wasn’t there a case recently regarding a coach company, whose drivers had done no DCPC modules on the run up to the deadline for PCV holders? The TC took a dim view of this and put the company off the road until the drivers had done some modules. This was before the deadline, so maybe there could be issues for some drivers just now.

Buses needed full dcpc as of 9 sept 2013.
Hgv from 2014

damoq:

I could be thinking of a different case, but there was a company in front of the TC for a number of tachograph offences and the TC ordered the company to start DCPC training immediately.

tachograph:

damoq:

I could be thinking of a different case, but there was a company in front of the TC for a number of tachograph offences and the TC ordered the company to start DCPC training immediately.

That makes more sense

tachograph:

damoq:

Might be. I can’t remember the exact details. But I’m sure it was a post from GasGas I remember reading about it so he might be able to correct me.:sunglasses:

iDriver:
Yes me too. Both parts of licence, DIGI card, CPC card and ADR card.

Same goes for me

nick2008:

sweeper1gg:
You must carry your cpc by law also or if you get a bugger they can take your keys.

no they cant :unamused:

That is what my instructor told me but i have just checked and you musty carry proof by law i.e card. but as to the other dodgy driving the ministry can take the keys at roadside.

There is no point carrying your driving licence with you, keep it in a safe place at home it is not required. You must however carry your dcpc card and digital card with you at all times whilst working or this could result in penalties.

ROG:
Do police still bother with producers these days when all the info is available on databases?

Not all the info is on the databases (not straight away, at any rate).

Roymondo:

ROG:
Do police still bother with producers these days when all the info is available on databases?

Which info is not easily accessable by police on the databases?

chris83:
cheers lads,had it in my wallet for a few days but it hangs out and its getting wrecked so i put it back in the draw!!

try getting one of those clear plastic A4 slip cases put it in that with all your other cards & certificates and keep it in your bag that way vosa/plod/TM want to see it you can just hand them that plus it keeps it dry and clean especially when some of them grubby "inspectors " at vosa have handled it

chris83:
cheers lads,had it in my wallet for a few days but it hangs out and its getting wrecked so i put it back in the draw!!

I lost my.yesterday call to DVLA.next week will be new.but for this i paid 20 pounds

Latique:

chris83:

try getting one of those clear plastic A4 slip cases put it in that with all your other cards & certificates and keep it in your bag that way vosa/plod/TM want to see it you can just hand them that plus it keeps it dry and clean especially when some of them grubby "inspectors " at vosa have handled it

Accidently on purpose drop a fiver in it & watch all those minor defects vanish into thin air :laughing:

ROG:

Roymondo:

ROG:

It can take 3 weeks for DVLA to process driving licence and log book changes. This is an example of when police might issue a producer. Anyhow, most databases that police use are their own which ‘pull’ the info from DVLA databases. Important info can be lost or corrupted during this process. As a former officer, you quickly learn never to rely on any database 100%. Its like trusting a Sat Nav without using your eyes and reading the road. If in doubt issue a producer and examine the actual document at later date.

ROG:

Roymondo:

ROG:

TTBOMK not all court/fixed penalty endorsements are entered “live” - so it is quite possible for someone to be driving around with endorsements on their (paper) licence that are not yet visible to an on-line check.