cost

How much does it cost to get a class 1 nowadays? Can you still go straight from a car licence to C+E?

Ballpark figure, three grand, and no.

Euro:
How much does it cost to get a class 1 nowadays? Can you still go straight from a car licence to C+E?

I paid £1100 for my cat C and its £1220 for C&E, of course that’s if you pass first time. Things like cpc to add also if you’re starting from scratch. And as Harry says, No, you cant go straight to C&E anymore.

It seems if your long term unemployed the dole will pay for it though :unamused:

By the time you account for medicals, licence changes, theory tests, training, practical test &etc., somewhere in the region of £3.5-4k to go from car to C+E, I know cos I put my son and his pal through their C last year, fortunately they passed it all with flying colours first time.

The +E they can fund themselves :wink:

In Hull my lad is looking at £2k in total which sounded too cheap but I rang and thats the case.

Those figures stated make my £800 cost pale into insignificance.
The £800 I paid included theory, medical, licence applications, C test x2, C+E test x 1 and ADR in 7 classes (tanks & packs)

peirre:
The £800 I paid included theory, medical, licence applications, C test x2, C+E test x 1 and ADR in 7 classes (tanks & packs)

When was that? 1986? :stuck_out_tongue:

will thw TA still put you through it?

I did my c last year.
From medical to test plus a retest +cpc £1700.
I did my c+e last week, £1000.
So i would budget £3000.

I started to look around at beginning of October, passed my C+E 4th of February.
Medical, theory books and tests, CPC, training courses, all practical tests passed 1st time. All done in Purfleet.
All in all £2500

£550 for my class 1 and went straight from a car to class 1 :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

the nodding donkey:

peirre:

When was that? 1986? :stuck_out_tongue:

iirc C+E was Aug 98

£120 in 1975,straight in on Class 1, gawd knows how that equates to todays £2-3000 !

Class 2, Digi card, CPC mods, theory, practical, medical: £1500
Class 1, practical: £1000

Passed it all first time so £2500 to go from car to artic. Done those about 6/7yrs ago.

Alba1876:
It seems if your long term unemployed the dole will pay for it though :unamused:

Opportunity to get my class c through the jobcentre - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

In Scotland maybe, But in england i would doubt very much any funding being available from government , they did have schemes some 20yrs ago, but you had to have a offer of full time employment ,should you pass the test , it wasn’t just a case of funding without the prospect of a job,but even then funding was limited as to how much training was given, and iirc only 1 retest was paid for

burnley-si:
£550 for my class 1 and went straight from a car to class 1 :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, my lessons were £650 (plus a bit more for the medical, licences, test fee etc. No theory test then of course) and I went straight from car to Class 1. This was in 1986.

Used to get a proper licence in them days too. :stuck_out_tongue:

passed C in ireland last week. cost €1100. includes all cpc’s but not a digicard. heres a breakdown in photo.

edit: eye test €15 wasnt needed as medical covered that and i was only charged €30 for second medical so medical costs shouls only be €80.

£1200 in 2012, included medical, theory tests and both C & CE training & tests.

2 weeks with my dad 3x lessons car to c+e about £300 all in!

mind you that was 95 :smiley: