Cost of fuel

globby 480:
The rha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: what kin good are they only use they are is for talking and organising there yearly dinner dance ooh and taking money with out menace they are a complete waste of time money and effort, they wont back you they aint worth carrot unless you want a posh dinner dance party that’s all they are good for,

Actually, this is true, but then your oft-repeated signature shows two similar wastes of money :wink:

The RHA and FTA wont do ■■■■ all either, there number one priority is to chase the one man bands etc to join them just to boost there funds up so they can still have there annual dinnerdance bollox . Basically theres no one fighting our corner, the government shafted the Miners, there screwing the Fishing industry and they wont be happy till the haulage industry is none existent :imp: :imp:

and?? its england chubbs aint it, we will let them do it just like you say pits, fishing,car industry etc, spinless no back bone britain, the great in it has long gone, due to us as a nation been all full of bolloxs but we will sit in a caf and moan wont we!!! fuel this and that, job this and that, but when push comes to the shove what we gunna do yep as always roll over and take it dry

globby…why don’t you do as you say then ■■?..whatever you are delivering tommorrow…DON’T & get others to follow, surely if you don’t do this then aren’t you yourself one of the ‘spineless’ people you are talking about ■■..Someone has to start these things so why not you, & lets see just how quick the country can come to a standstill & see what the government has to say about it.

Humdinger it takes more than globby to do this we need a united front from everyone but that aint gonna happen

Thats the trouble aint it, a one man protest, when a Leeds operator organised a fuel protest, he got the book thrown at him. The authorities have got new powers to cover all the bases and will be sat waiting to slap you with the big stick

yep i am spinless mate as the point is!!! you tell me humdig, one will but no one else will no good 20 doing it is there i sit there and say sod it, but you be going to work tomorrow wont ya cos you booked your 2 weeks holiday and you need to go to pay for it or er in doors will have something rather rude to say to you humdig, so what a stupid reply you have said, this is why we get fhucked due to spinless people like you! with you go first and i will follow… barrrrrrr, barrrrrrrrrr, we aint kin sheep man we are a nation
no good one or 21 stopping is it,its a haulage industry it one out all out and this is what i am saying esp to you humdig, i aint preaching i am saying us as a nation wont back each other if they would you for one wouldnt come out with a hair brain reply like you have, this is why the country is bolloxed and we have to take it dry right up us,

Thats my point !!! So you should also agree to do something, pick a day & we all do the same thing, whether its boycott a particular ‘petrol station’ sit on the A1 at 10mph, whatever…It’s not rocket science, surely it can be easily arranged & executed to perfection expecially with the power of these kind of sites to get word around…LETS JUST AGREE TO DO SOMETHING :slight_smile:

we dont need to blockade any where humdig, or sit on the A1 a “wasting expensive fuel” we dont even have to leave home!! but humdig you got mutli national companys eddies, wincantons etc what will carry on the one man band brigade wont make a high hooter in this, but wincantons,eddies, bibbys etc along with us can and would but the big companys aint intrested and if we one man bands did they would then reep the benifits if any thing was changed for earning while the rest stood, where was eddie wincantons in 2000!!! no bloody where they was running at full cap as well and picking up others business on the way

globby i’m not getting at you or calling you spineless…i agree with what you say about the whole fuel thing & not everyone sticking together…But my thought process, whether its wrong or right, is, doe’s the whole industry need to act as one ■■?..Think of the industry and all its hauliers as an 11 man football team, if say 3 of that 11 said sod it i can’t be arsed to play anymore after 20mins of the game what would happen ■■?..

yes but if no one philberg turns out for deliveries how can the authority’s throw anything at you well they would make a new ruling then i guess for not turning out to deliver goods,

slightly off topic, you have stan robinson and ■■■■ denby rallying for the silly double b trailer, they should be rallying with the rest of the country for better conditions and fuels, again you see big company’s aint fussed every driver/operator what goes out of business is more work for them!

Globbys got a point while the one man bands are protesting the eddies and bibbys of this country are rubbing there hands we should be trying to get there drivers or even them on board there the ones with connections

no i dont think it would humdig, you would get the other 9 rubbing there hands as half time comes they can share the others quarter of a orange that is what would happen in this as well, others would be rubbing there hands with extra work while the odd few what was willing to stand looses out this is why no one will stand etc as i say the others would take the others bit of orange at half time and soldier on,

just like in 2000 stobbies reaped the benefit along with other big nationals while old harry blogs with 20 trucks was down the fuel gates and a few others trying to get better conditions for hauliers but again stobbirs etc reaped the benefit for doing sod all at the end of the day and still kept earning while the lads what did stop didnt earn but try"d to fight for our industry , its one and all in this but it wont happen will it this is what i mean as a nation wincantons, hanbury davies, stobbies, freightliner, p&o etc,etc need to say enough is enough as well to bring this to a stand still quick,
doesnt matter about morrisons, asda,tesco cos they wont go any where anyway with out us idiots taking goods in to there rdc, at least with the french they do stick together all for one and one for all

I don’t mind paying extra tax on the fuel, if it goes back to central government it will help get this FANTASTIC country of ours back off it’s knees…

Industry changes, where I live they had little trains to move produce from the fields they don’t do that now, they don’t build ships in Newcastle anymore but they have 2 of the worlds finest Universaties producing future Engineers Drs etc, also in the North East they know have one of the best car plants in the world with Nissan, we also have Toyota and Honda.
This country isn’t broken or run down, our industries are slightly different to what they were 30 years ago. Around the time that Labour were in power in the 70s think iirc the dole que was about 3 million■■? with alot less people in this Island…Also the country was run by militant unions, Red Robbo ring any bells to some older people, the sleeping night shift at Fords, bin men on strike, Firemen on strike every Tom ■■■■ and Harry seemed to be on strike, the whole country was a mess, that was untill THATCHER got her claws into them, even the Russians were frightned of her!!!
She did alot of good things and alot of bad, not looking for a Lab Con debate here…But the point of this rambling post is that yes we do pay alot of tax on our fuel but we are one of the best countries in the world, where else would you get free heart surgery or a host of any other free expensive medical treatments, and toll free roads…Oh nearlly forgot the best ARMY NAVY RAF in the world!!!

If you don,t like what the government are doing, then very soon you will have a choice to make a change, but if you don’t vote then don’t moan!!!
Then if you don’t like the outcome you are feely entitled to leave the country…But I,m sure you’ll come back, most do. :wink:

Having been caught up in the French Blockades in the 80s and 90s, they seemed to work well… :question:

be interested to get some drivers opinion’s on here who work for the big boys, they must hear things and get a feeling for what the likes of wincanton,stobbies etc think about the whole fuel thing…

Instead of an all out strike, how about 1 day a week, Monday, say, until the work starts backing up.
It might help the rates a bit as well.

The solidarity issue aside, the main counter to this are the big logistics firms with massive contracts to look after. It was the same in 2000 however and that certainly got the establishments attention, without James Stobart et al getting their hands dirty.

should work tue,wed,thurs, nothing be in supermarkets then rdcs would be so low they would be in a panic, may even help the poor old farm who is dictated to by the rdcs aswell,

No what really happened was that it was fun and something new and a hot summer so the public got behind it for a while…Then things started to run low really fast, Joe Public realised that they would be affected…Not so funny now it’s them being affected, no food or fuel, inconvenience.
A bit like when it snows, fun at first.
The fuel strike lost public support big time. The heroes turned into villeins. Then the blockade and other attempts failed. You cant turn against public opinion.
This country is now a I’m all right Jack place to live. Just don’t rock the boat.
This is why Brown is on his why up again. Most people have not felt the recession, a lot are doing well on the mortgage repayments, The banks survived so no lost money there and the pain is in the future so lets live for today.

facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 … 6811835…1

facebook…
its as good a place to start a protest as anywhere these days!..

bit optamistic to think the extra tax will ‘help get country off its knee’s’?it’l just be used to get us deeper in it!Equally not much point smaller hauliers taking action,the big boys won’t complain,any one put out of business means more opportunity?Who do you think will make a difference at the election?Politician always wins doesn’t matter which coat they’re wearing these days it’s a political ‘class’ thats running the country different parties?where’s the difference?Perhaps if we all tried to individually avoid re-fuelling our cars for a week,didn’t go out to the supermarket for just one Sunday,wouldn’t do much I know,but would be fair old shock to the robbing [zb] cash flow?Government and oil co’s?