Corporate Solutions (Logistics) Ltd

Anybody got any info on these guys… Pay rate, hours etc… I’m looking for a change in the Birmingham area and these seem fairly bit outfit but don’t know anything about them. Ta…

I am working with a lot of these guys currently doing store deliveries for Lidl. Seems to me they’re all Romanian/Bulgarian. As yet I’ve not come across a single brit driver driving for corporate solutions.

The company name alone would be enough to make me give them a swerve.

Its an old video but well worth a share. When I’m depressed I watch it to cheer myself up.

the maoster:

^
This
Any company with a BS ‘corporate’, ‘solutions’, ‘logistics’ moniker needs to be avoided. Screams of minimum wage, lots of H&S bollox and of course…lots of of BS…

Mm some blue sky thinking by a few shusters wearing pointy shoes…
With a company ethos.

Corporate Solutions logistics, ltd. A forward thinking company doing 3rd party provision, of high quality drivers.to blue chip companies.,

Scribe:
Its an old video but well worth a share. When I’m depressed I watch it to cheer myself up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AD9wGVOslw

I don’t find that funny laughing at someone’s misfortune… could happen to any of us & I’m sure you wouldn’t be laughing then.

SouthEastCashew:

Scribe:

I don’t find that funny laughing at someone’s misfortune… could happen to any of us & I’m sure you wouldn’t be laughing then.

+1 It’s so easy to laugh when it’s not you with the problem, hope you can still laugh as much if you’re in the same situation with some know all bellend filming you. Still, maybe you could use the PR firm in your sig to gloss over YOUR screw up

CSL work out of Lidl, Northfleet and you won’t get a job with them unless your name’s Bogdan or one of his mates.

Scribe:

I know it’s easy to laugh but I actually felt quite sorry for him, that drop is usually done on nights, I wouldn’t even attempt it in daytime.

Over the last 28 years I’ve found myself occasionally in a tight spot, but luckily I’ve always managed to get out, without a bunch of Muppets attempting to tell me what to do… Any onlookers/bystanders/unqualified direction givers were ignored…

To many cooks and all that. I bet the next time he goes he’ll get it in a few shunts. Reminds me of all the old Sainsbury’s city centre shops. Never seen so many people interested in a wagon driver struggling though, they normally look the other way and pretend it’s not happening.

MickM

Listen, for future reference, anyone running trucks with the words “solutions” and “logistics” in the title or any likely employer who needs to advertise for drivers on the rear of their vehicles needs to be avoided like the bubonic plague.

AndrewG:

the maoster:

^
This
Any company with a BS ‘corporate’, ‘solutions’, ‘logistics’ moniker needs to be avoided. Screams of minimum wage, lots of H&S bollox and of course…lots of of BS…

Exactly my thoughts, certainly something to be said working for an old school “transport” company.

A.

mike68:
Listen, for future reference, anyone running trucks with the words “solutions” and “logistics” in the title or any likely employer who needs to advertise for drivers on the rear of their vehicles needs to be avoided like the bubonic plague.

Solutions: Any haulier provides a solution to the problem of how to get freight from A to B.

Logistics: Its the name of the industry, whats your problem? Next you are going to be calling me an employer bloodsucking bottom feeder because my lorry has the word Haulage on the side of it.

Advertising for drivers on wagons: Why not? Its the companies £20k asset, why not use it for a bit of advertising? And if the thing you need most right now is drivers rather than clients, why not advertise for them instead?

To the OP: Its not all Lidl work. They have a few other major clients too, the one which springs most readily to mind is that they organise all the haulage for Smirfit Kappa out of Brum, round by Star City. Never driven for them though so I couldn’t say what they are like.

The use of the words Logistics and Solutions in this context just makes me want to throw up. Haulage and Storage is what the industry does. Solutions is being used, just like Logistics, as a suit- speak buzzword. Words commonly used by those with all the theory but practically nil practical experience, but the same people who have managed to convince quite long established companies that they need to employ the services of a (self appointed) Corporate Image Expert. The result? £££££s spent on a new livery along with a ‘logo’ in a ‘rebranding exercise’ to impress other shiny-pointed-shoe wearing suits that XYZ (Group) Logistics Solutions PLC will do a better job than the former Humphrey Bogart Haulage and Storage Ltd did the day before .

cav551:
The use of the words Logistics and Solutions in this context just makes me want to throw up. Haulage and Storage is what the industry does. Solutions is being used, just like Logistics, as a suit- speak buzzword. Words commonly used by those with all the theory but practically nil practical experience, but the same people who have managed to convince quite long established companies that they need to employ the services of a (self appointed) Corporate Image Expert. The result? £££££s spent on a new livery along with a ‘logo’ in a ‘rebranding exercise’ to impress other shiny-pointed-shoe wearing suits that XYZ (Group) Logistics Solutions PLC will do a better job than the former Humphrey Bogart Haulage and Storage Ltd did the day before .

If your target market is pointy shoe wearing suits, then speaking their language is a good idea.

The dictionary definition of Logistics is:

logistics
ləˈdʒɪstɪks/
noun
plural noun: logistics

the commercial activity of transporting goods to customers.

A fair description of what they do, so why not use it?

The dictionary definition of Haulage is:

haulage
ˈhɔːlɪdʒ/
nounBritish
noun: haulage

the commercial transport of goods.

Note that the dictionary points out that this is a specifically British word. If you are looking to work internationally, would a provincial word like Haulage be the best option?

As for the name change bit. The company was previously called Rapid Freight Systems Limited and changed its name in 2003. A) Its a bit late to bellyache about it now and B) the new name better describes the business than the old one.

Rat67:

SouthEastCashew:

Scribe:

+1 It’s so easy to laugh when it’s not you with the problem, hope you can still laugh as much if you’re in the same situation with some know all bellend filming you. Still, maybe you could use the PR firm in your sig to gloss over YOUR screw up

Just in off a night shift, delivering to Lidl stores as it goes, so I only just seen this.

You need to wind your neck in fella. I dropped more bollox than a team of butter fingered camel castrators whilst doing the Lidl job. Goes with the territory and due to how the gallows humour works around the RDC, we take the Michael out of the poor unfortunate driver when things go south. The boys who actually do the job generally don’t cry about it. We leave that to the do good bleedin heart liberals…

The driver in the video doesn’t have a Scooby how to handle that truck. He can’t drive it. He shouldn’t even be in that situation. Its their (CSL’s) fault for taking on anyone with a heavy license regardless of experience (and even when they don’t have the most basic grasp of the English language) just so the company can say “Yeah we got drivers. We can do that work for you”, so I’m struggling to subscribe to your sympathetic (if not a little ignorant) viewpoint.

Moving on to your next issue, you don’t like my signature either? As far as I’m aware its not contrary to any forum rules so just don’t click it. :unamused:

I’m so sorry SouthEastCashew. I hadn’t realised I had offended 2 people. Let me afford your sentiments all due gravitas. I’ll answer each independently.

SouthEastCashew:
I don’t find that funny laughing at someone’s misfortune

I don’t care what you find funny. There’s absolutely no misfortune involved? That’s company error. Plain & simple. He shouldn’t have been sent there. Read wingnut’s post a bit further up as that’s the comment of a man versed not only in Lidl deliveries, but in THAT Lidl delivery specifically. Every RDC has a list of stores best accessible out of hours and this was obviously on that list. So why is he there in what seems like the middle of the day?

SouthEastCashew:
could happen to any of us & I’m sure you wouldn’t be laughing then.

Er…no mate. You’re wrong. It couldn’t happen to any of us. Any class 1 driver with experience of urban/around town work wouldn’t have even got in that pickle in the first place, but if they had found themselves in a similar position they would have been out of there in seconds. I know I would have been. Did you even watch the video?

You can tell from 100 metres away if a driver is new or inexperienced. The geezer in that truck was missing the basic 360 degree spatial awareness we all have when we’re manoeuvring in a truck. Which is how come a driver will often swing the headboard out over a bollard or the bonnet of a parked car, or they may turn it so hard as to have the trailer scurrying backwards, without knocking lamp posts over, just to get where they’re going.

This awareness comes with experience and whilst I agree we should all be given the opportunity to earn experience, on a challenging delivery like that, is NOT the place to do it.

Its not even a Lidl issue either. Between day shifts, night shifts, fresh runs, bakery runs, inter-depot moves etc, all of which are sub contracted, the transport supervisors can’t possibly be expected to have knowledge of the experience of perhaps 80-100 drivers who are employed by someone else.

So lets just agree to disagree :slight_smile:

Ive forgot what the question was now!!! :frowning: lol

rab6600:
Ive forgot what the question was now!!! :frowning: lol

Best thing to do if you want more information is get in touch with them. It seems they’re advertising for class 1 drivers so give them a shout and then make an educated decision afterwards. corporatesolutions.uk.net/careers/

Sadly my money is on you either not hearing back from them at all, or them saying thanks but no thanks. :angry:

This is from their blog;

So is there actually a driver shortage? The DVSA report that 664,000 drivers had completed their 35 hours of mandatory training prior to the 9th September deadline. In addition to that of course there are an, as yet, unknown number of workers that are compliant with the Driver CPC regulations through gaining the qualification in other EU member states. They are of course, much to the irritation of Nigel Farage, free to work in the UK at any time. This would suggest, if the right rate can be paid commercially, there is a big pool of drivers to select from, if you are looking in the right places.

corporatesolutions.uk.net/drivershortages/