Cornwall to Bedfordshire best way

Good evening Ladies and Gents.
As it says on the tin please, A303 M3 or M5 M4■■?
Running at 44 tonne!

tango boy:
Good evening Ladies and Gents.
As it says on the tin please, A303 M3 or M5 M4■■?
Running at 44 tonne!

When?

Tomorrow afternoon leaving Cornwall around 2pm

m5 m4 everytime. :wink:

“Leaving Cornwall 14.00” going to Bedfordshire … I love your optimism :grimacing:

How much driving time left. I would be tempted to go A303 M3, if you don’t fancy the first part from Exeter to Petter ton, you cold hook a right at Taunton. By the time you get to Stonehenge you should be ok for traffic.

4:30 drive left

Am down Cornwall meself orange boy il keep me eyes peeled for ya :smiley:

M5/M4 is easier on the truck and the driver. A303 is a more enjoyable drive. So it’s up to you.

If you do go via the A303 then it’s better to start off up the M5 to Taunton then take the A358 eastwards to the A303 rather than going over the Blackdown Hills on the A30.

largebloke1969:
Am down Cornwall meself orange boy il keep me eyes peeled for ya :smiley:

Should be down there dinner time ish mate tomorrow

At least 15 years since I ran out of Pz, not sure of the roads these days (weight limits etc.) but would likely have gone M5, M4, j15, A420, A34, M40, through Bicester, A421, more direct

Harry Monk:
M5/M4 is easier on the truck and the driver. A303 is a more enjoyable drive. So it’s up to you.

If you do go via the A303 then it’s better to start off up the M5 to Taunton then take the A358 eastwards to the A303 rather than going over the Blackdown Hills on the A30.

Is there much difference time wise in the 2 runs Harry?

Vid:
At least 15 years since I ran out of Pz, not sure of the roads these days (weight limits etc.) but would likely have gone M5, M4, j15, A420, A34, M40, through Bicester, A421, more direct

Yeah I’ve done that way from South Wales to Bedfordshire before

tango boy:

Harry Monk:

No, if both routes are clear then it’s about the same time, M4/M5 is quite a bit longer (22 miles iirc) but obviously with higher average speeds.

Harry Monk:

tango boy:

Harry Monk:

No, if both routes are clear then it’s about the same time, M4/M5 is quite a bit longer (22 miles iirc) but obviously with higher average speeds.

Cheers, all we’ll be doing is running our time out so I’ll put it to my running partner tomorrow see what he thinks!

Thanks everyone for the info :sunglasses:

Vid:

Depends what trailer he has got on as of the 15’3 bridge just by Bicester.

Vid:

We run regularly, that way, if the traffic gets funny, then up M5 to Evesham, then A46 to Cov, then A45/M45, M1, jcn13. Wouldn’t go A303/M3 time wise it’s longer, Have also gone M5 M42, M6, M1. Was boring.

Am guessing you be loaded with collies,! Could be Wong.

tango boy:

Harry Monk:

Whether it’s of help or not, from Pz I could usually make Michaelwood, Leigh Delamere/ Chippenham TS or Andover (usually next to the pig farm) in one hit on a regular run, if I had the one with the blown fuse then Strensham (Frankley a couple of times), Membury (sometimes Chieveley) or Fleet.

Wouldn’t start in Cornwall If I was you - Penzance to Bedford must be one of the worst run you could get

Better off getting a friend to run it there whilst you get the Newquay/Gatwick flight & train to Bedford - Hour & Half actual travel

Whichever way you go by road is a PIA

SouthEastCashew:

Vid:

Depends what trailer he has got on as of the 15’3 bridge just by Bicester.

Bulk tipper under 13’