Cornwall to Bedfordshire best way

tango boy:

SouthEastCashew:

Vid:
At least 15 years since I ran out of Pz, not sure of the roads these days (weight limits etc.) but would likely have gone M5, M4, j15, A420, A34, M40, through Bicester, A421, more direct

Depends what trailer he has got on as of the 15’3 bridge just by Bicester.

Bulk tipper under 13’

+1 on route, but that’s never within a 4 and half drive.
If you turn left at the Bicester park and ride, over the next roundabout, turn left under bridge (14’ 9), then right,over one, then left, you can pick up the 4421 again and avoid the east of bicester with all its traffic chaos.

Consider parking up after aswell. Free parking at Cartgate (cafe, no pub), Amesbury (303).
Evesham (M5,A46), plenty of free parking. Weatherspoons in town (great 4" pizza across the road, only £2.99 last time I was there).
Or Chippenham truckstop or Swindon. Actually the A420 Oxford Buckingham etc is not a bad option. In fact, anything that avoids the M3-M25-M4 triangle is a good option… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:
Consider parking up after aswell. Free parking at Cartgate (cafe, no pub), Amesbury (303).
Evesham (M5,A46), plenty of free parking. Weatherspoons in town (great 4" pizza across the road, only £2.99 last time I was there).
Or Chippenham truckstop or Swindon. Actually the A420 Oxford Buckingham etc is not a bad option. In fact, anything that avoids the M3-M25-M4 triangle is a good option… :grimacing:

Never really got on with Cartgate, is that ■■■■-hole TS still there in Swindon? Is the TS still there at Dursley?

Vid:

the nodding donkey:

Never really got on with Cartgate, is that [zb] TS still there in Swindon? Is the TS still there at Dursley?

Cartgate is ok for food, never had to stop there, but it’s free. I’ve always stopped in Yeovil (yeah, I know… :grimacing: ).
Swindon is still trying to improve. But there’s a Sainsbury’s next door. And a pub across the roundabout.
There is hardly any decent parking between Bristol and Gloucester on the A38. What few laybys there are fill up early doors. Parking in Bristol behind Asda or next to Morrisons

Update,
We got delayed in St Dennis so we’ve ran upto Bridgwater Truckstop, shower and snap!
So M5 M4 tomorrow, thanks for all the replies! :sunglasses:

tango boy:
Update,
We got delayed in St Dennis so we’ve ran upto Bridgwater Truckstop, shower and snap!

Bloody ell orange man I loaded empty pallets at Morrison’s Bridgwater dumped it on sedgmoor I’d have come and has a pint if I’d have known :open_mouth:

largebloke1969:

tango boy:
Update,

Bloody ell orange man I loaded empty pallets at Morrison’s Bridgwater dumped it on sedgmoor I’d have come and has a pint if I’d have known :open_mouth:

Bloody hell