Corgi's latest model - a middle east cracker!

Hi all; For those that don’t know it yet, the Corgi Chapman & Ball Scania 110/tilt trailer is now available. It’s around £50-55.
Try this website link to DMB Models if you are interested;http://dmbmodels.co.uk/Corginow.htm

Robert Dods-Brown owned the actual truck that the Corgi model is based and here he is proudly showing off his model;

Found this photo of Robert Dods-Brown’s unit when it was brand new.
It was on the Scania stand at the East of England Show at Peterborough.

Corgi have decided to venture to the Middle East for thier latest model. It comes under the banner of “Hauliers of Renown” and is sub-titled; “Intercontinental”.
The model is reference number; CC15501 and will available from August 2011 at all good model shops. No price avaiable as yet.
Or call 01843 233519 or visit corgi.co.uk

The model is based on SRP 77N - a Scania 110 which was run by Robert Dods-Brown. The model is a new tooling and I have seen a pre-production example. Corgi have made a cracking job of copying Robert’s fine looking rig and as you can see, there is lots of detail transfered to the model, including roof rack, ladders, tanks and lockers on the trailer and even a pair of Michelin men! The striking livery has been applied superbly and is very eye catching indeed.

This is the first Middle East spec model which Corgi have produced and I can tell you there will be more, so this one should make a great start to the Intercontinental collection :wink:

And here she is in all her glory resting in Turkey…

Wow that looks perfect :grimacing:
just think of the possabilitys if they expand the range, Europe and the middle east…I may even start collecting them myself

Don’t want to give too much away, but the “Intercontinental” range will encompass British hauliers working throughout Europe and beyond…it will be a very impressive range :smiley:

saw this the other day,looks great,
looks like corgi are bringing some cracking models out this year,

tilt trailer,
volvo f10 cab,
sed ack strato cab,

looks like its going to bean expensive year :wink:

That looks lovely,and I suspect they’ll be somewhat cheaper than Tekno models.

I hope Corgi come up with a Volvo F88 in Trans UK colours,I still think the black,white and grey with red chassis is one of the smartest liveries I have ever seen.

Great news Ashley. I hope they release some F88s and 89s in the range. Just one question, is the trailer a new casting or is it the cold cast tilt body previously released with the BRS AEC and CRTS Scammell a few years back. I have just bought the Corgi Montgomery 111 and if that is anything to go by they should be onto a winner.

T.B

trucker.blackpool:
Great news Ashley. I hope they release some F88s and 89s in the range. Just one question, is the trailer a new casting or is it the cold cast tilt body previously released with the BRS AEC and CRTS Scammell a few years back.
T.B

Hi T.B; Yes it’s a new casting and although the photos look great, the real thing is superb! The detail on the TIR cord and the creases in the sheet look very realistic. There will be F88’s AND 89’s. Maybe a DAF and the odd Transcon too. Can’t say anymore at the mo tho :wink: :wink: nudge nudge.

Would’ve been nice to have the Kangaroo trailer as shown in the photo, if it was a new tooling - or am I just being too fussy again pal?! :wink:

Looks good. Should be a popular series, and with the cabs already mentioned give some good potential liveries. [even a Scammell Crusader]

jj72:
Would’ve been nice to have the Kangaroo trailer as shown in the photo, if it was a new tooling - or am I just being too fussy again pal?! :wink:

I’d agree with you on that one, but I also think that the model trailer shown looks a touch too high.

gb1:

jj72:

I’d agree with you on that one, but I also think that the model trailer shown looks a touch too high.

I agree with you lads; In Corgi’s defence - They are limited by what the factory can and cannot do. I know it’s a new tooling but I did suggest reworking it to a Kangaroo, lowering the height and a spread axle layout, but it wasn’t possible I’m afraid. But I guess that will be reflected in the price. Personally, although not exactly accurate, I reckon it’s a very good representation and will go down well with collectors.

I have one of the Tekno Astran 111s and the Corgi Montgomery 111, in my opinion the Corgi representation is better than the Tekno one. The Corgi cab appears a little ‘square’ when viewed from the front, but overall a better casting.

T.B

trucker.blackpool:
I have one of the Tekno Astran 111s and the Corgi Montgomery 111, in my opinion the Corgi representation is better than the Tekno one. T.B

Hi trucker.blackpool; What time is your appointment at Specsavers then? :wink: :laughing:

i have quite a collection of model trucks, including the tekno astran which is a far superior casting to the corgi, but the price difference does reflect this, however i do have several F88’s from tekno and corgi and i must say corgi have a much better F88 casting than corgi, DESPITE the price difference.

scaniia141:
i have quite a collection of model trucks, including the tekno astran which is a far superior casting to the corgi, but the price difference does reflect this, however i do have several F88’s from tekno and corgi and i must say corgi have a much better F88 casting than corgi, DESPITE the price difference.

Eh? Is this specsavers night then? :unamused: …i do have several F88’s from tekno and corgi and i must say corgi have a much better F88 casting than corgi, …so who’s is best then?
Anyway that aside…just you wait until the new F88 tooling comes from Corgi :grimacing: :grimacing:

:blush: have to leave the mad apple (strongbow) alone, corgi better than tekno, you’re too sharp for me ASH.

I had a great aunt who worked at Corgi, and my cousin and I would get new models before they went into the shops.
Wanting to have a different collection, I would paint mine in local company liveries, that was 40 years ago. How I wish I still had those cars, vans and lorries.
Unfortunately, without my knowing they were donated to a jumble sale, but those new models look the business well done Corgi.

its a corking model that but it wont be as detailed as a tekno and wsi are doing a 1 series aswell now.but for the money that corgi is worth buying im having one when they come out,theres a rather nice brs 110 daycab n tilt coming out aswell,only thing is wish it were out in time for gaydon show