Corgi Model Trucks

Does anyone on here collect the corgi modern range?
I reckon these models are great!

Anybody got any rare early ones?

Cliff Warby collects Toy trucks etc…I’m sure he will be along soon.

Boyz and there toyz :smiley:

Bully

TNT trucker
do you mean the 1/64 corgi superhauliers if so the corgi heritage centre
in heywood were doing a deal on them 2 for £10.99

simon

I’ve got a few of the Superhaulers. I have the Corby Chilled Scania & the Alley’s DAF & flying Scotman in 1/64th scale. If you get Model Collector current Issue inside you will find the Corgi Collectable Catalogue Jan to June 2004 some very interesting models to come.

I’m pretty sure they’re 1:50 Scale Corgi Modern Range not Superhaulers, these are very detailed models withe air lines etc fitted.

i mainly collect car models, however i do collect model trucks that i drive/or have driven.
i have a superhauler somerfield fm and curtainsider(these were quite rare as they were through an offer with a cereal company, you know collect the coupons etc, and i dont think they were ever on general sale.)

i also have two castle cement erf and curtainsider( not super haulers , but the bigger scale) which i got cheap but cost a small fortune at trade fairs.

and i also have the castle cement erf and tanker which has never been out of the box. these i have seen going for £100 :open_mouth:

a model car that i have always been after but have never came across is a large scale “triumph stag” anyone seen one■■?.

I have a few model scanias a volvo and an erf. The Scania is in TNT colours, the other in securicor! My ERF is a limited edition of C.S Ellis and the rutland express. Unfortunately whilst moving house i lost all the doxes to these models and also the corgi cert for the rutland express. The volvo I have is in Guiness colours and has a tanker trailer on it.

These are the only ones i can find but i used to have a lot more which whilst living away from home the little nephew thought it would be great fun to smash up etc then take home with him!!

regards

kev

TNT Trucker you are quite right Super haulers are 1/64th scale & the larger one are about 1/50th.
I mainly collect the Aviation Archive Aircraft mainly the Lancaster & anything to do with the BBMF. I have a soft spot for anything that as to do with Stamford, Lincs or RAF Wittering because I used to live at Easton-On-The-Hill which overlooks Wittering & as you might know is about 2miles outside of Stamford. I had a lucky find on ebay for the Ketton Cement/ Musgrove ERF Tipper I think I paid £25 for it But last week in Automodels at Milton Keynes the same model £46.

I used to collect corgis modern range and i thougt they are great, but i stoped collercting them because im now into actully making the trucks from model kits like italeri.

dave:
I also have two castle cement erf and curtainsider( not super haulers , but the bigger scale) which i got cheap but cost a small fortune at trade fairs.

and i also have the castle cement erf and tanker which has never been out of the box. these i have seen going for £100 :open_mouth:

Dave,

I have the Castle Cement Tanker as well. You’re quite right with the price, this particular one is becoming harder to find now.

My worst nightmare would be that my wife would let my nephew play with them in the loft!!! I’ve heard quite a few horror stories like this.

I’m not sure why I collect them as I never take them out of their boxes, straight up in the loft as some sort of investment.

There’s a big kid in all of us.

Bully:
Cliff Warby collects Toy trucks etc…I’m sure he will be along soon.

Boyz and there toyz :smiley:

Bully

Yep sure do!, (But they are not toys Bully, these are made for collectors, with as few as 2000 of each livery being made for the world market) I have about 110 of the Corgi Modern truck range,250 Corgi classics,(thats the vintage ones) and 25 tekno’s including 16 ERFs.
But as some of the others have said, these models can and do go up in value quite rapidly, The ERF castle cement tanker has gone for as much as 120 quid on e bay, but the curtainsider Castle Cement barely goes for it’s original issue price of around 45-50 quid, only last week the Pollock ERF (it was released about five years ago) went for 195 quid, and the Brian Harris regularly goes for between 160-200 quid, even the Dukes Scania now fetches around 140. The most I paid for one (I hope the wife does’nt read this!) but I paid 250 quid for a Tekno ERF that was done in the CS Ellis livery (like the smaller mass produced 1/64 Corgi) except this Tekno was only one of two ever made.

Hey, I am collects Trucks and Coach Model, include
Corgi (UK),
Herpa( Germany),
Albedo(Germany)and
JOAL (Spain)
I am most interesting collects types of Foreign and Eastern Bloc Trucks not British trucks but I am big fan of Willi Betz Spedition, Most I have model of betz but I am still search of Tekno - Willi Betz, I heard someone has Willi Betz Tekno Model but I cant find it in UK. I am desperate of this :frowning: , never mind. :slight_smile:

I have about 25 Modern Trucks. The first three i bought were the Macfarlane and Norbert Dressing-table and Stobart Renaults. My collection includes the Ian Hayes T-cab, Ken Thomas 85, Stobart FH, Rugby Cement, British Sugar, Blue Circle and Knowles tankers, Norfolk Line Scannie, Andersons FH amongst others, all still boxed as new obviously. I think they’re fantastic things, wish i could afford to buy them more regularly! I’ll send you the address of a site that may interest you TNT, if you’ve not already come across it. They have some good deals.

so the castle erf and tanker is a collectors item.
so what does that make me if im still driving around in one :question:

I’ve got about 100 of the corgi model trucks (scale 1:50) but my best ones are the D.Stevens & sons scania with fridge estimated about £350 and also the scania fridge in the colours of H.E.Payne. Not bad for a 15 year old!!!

saw a programme on discovery about a guy who made scale remote controlled trucks.
he built every part from scratch and they were complete down to the driver whose arms turned with the wheel.
camera mounted in the models cab (FL10) with a monitor on the remote control unit.
looked a bit more impressive than the remote scania stobarts theyre flogging at truckstops.

Hi guys I have for sale 2 corgi 1/50 scale Guinness models 1 Daf cf and 1 scania these are very rare and hard to find now I’m after £150 each if intersted please contact me on durrantlee@aol.com
Many thanks

http://www.truckmodelworld.com/ have a look on there , mainly the ( your photos ) thread , some awesome scrach builders of some more than awesome trucks :grimacing:

image.jpg

Wow !

Didnt see that at first but at least the guy did a forum search before making a new post