Corgi Model Trucks

i started collecting them about 15 yrs ago including corgi cars,i collected them thinking they would be worth something in time,but it seems even in 10 or 20 years from now they will not be worth that much,original corgis from the sixties have only gone up so much as a few quid,

I have about 350 corgi model trucks and various sets.could be interested in selling some.

I dont have many corgi ,most of my collection are siku and matchbox /lesney dating from about 1977 to 1994

All you old folks, I collected the Corgi Toy SuperHaulers as a child a few years back, I have a hell of a lot of them around 2 boxes of them, would love to start collecting the proper models at a later date.

I have put this on before but would like help, I have A CORGI model Ford Transcon blue with a flat Tr . It was made I think for Ballatine Whisky, it has a box that fits onto the Tr which hold 6 mins of whiskey . I have 2 of these but only 1 has the box with the whiskey in it , can anyone out there tell me more and how much it could be worth I could take a photo if that helps

Hi boatchaser,your model worth £60 at most.Some of you guys are way over the top with your prices.The problem being over supply and not a lot of cash going about and it is a subject I know about as I deal in these trucks.ie the most two sought after corgi models made d steven and dukes I bought at auction for £120 and there is also a knights of old in the same package so that kinda tells you how much prices have fallen.

Shaggy:
I’ve got about 100 of the corgi model trucks (scale 1:50) but my best ones are the D.Stevens & sons scania with fridge estimated about £350 and also the scania fridge in the colours of H.E.Payne. Not bad for a 15 year old!!!

Shaggy… I reckon you’re minted! Check out eBay for corgi modern trucks, airbase from Harrogate is the best trader of these in my opinion, he’s an ex copper and has a massive range of these.

Steven of Wick is the most expensive one followed closely by Brian Harris ERF and any box set from Gibbs to Pollocks.

They are sure to increase in value with time, keep them in their boxes!

[zb]. i have the stvens scannie in mint cond with cert (was kept in disply cabinate) i also have the box but no poly model holder part of the box. what you rhink i could get for it now

Probably between 150-180, they are actually going for about 250-275 on average, I’ll give you 125 for it right now…I already have one but I have use for a second it would be good for a trade on one I don’t have which is the Blue Norfolkline Scania.

Sorry Cliff. Not selling it (yet) but will be in touch when i do. BTW got any container stuff (trucks/trains/forklifts tec) from the us. Pics or Vid… If so any chance of e-mailing them me. Big fam of US stuff. Did 2 years there on containers in '98 Driving a 1996 MACK CH603 6x4 without sleeper for a firm over here in the uk thats just started in hauling over there. also pulled a tripple once (the single axle trailers with a-frame dollies). Great fun. Would love to ride in a US rig again one day (hint hint :wink: ) The stories i could tell about my time over there. BTW love your T&D stuff.

Then that will be your fare for a week in my truck! hint, hint!, glad you like the articles, but how can you compare the yank motors with Euro/UK trucks?, the yank trucks are mostly pieces of (I can’t say what i’d like to say now I am a moderator! :smiley: ), but as for photos etc got millions of 'em, cuz although I don’t like driving Yank trucks, I will concede that they look good.
Look out for an article on Container hauling over here in the new year (if ever I can get it finished!)
Before I go, just remember that when you are ready to take that ‘hint,hint’ trip in a truck over here…don’t leave home without the D Stevens Scania :smiley:

:laughing: true. the Mack box was a dog. And you are more than welcome to it for a trip (day or 7) in one of the US rigs. If you ever want stuff from over here feel free to drop me a line and i will send it no problem (not the D Stevens Scannie. Not yet anyway)

P.S. Can you get your hands on US plates? Wouldnt mind one for my unit reading GEEZAH.

Keep a look out in your local WH Smith for the “Model Price Guide 2004 Edition” around £8, also the " Ramsey British Diecast Price Guide" around £18 both should be out before Christmas to find out how much your collections worth.

I collect models of companies who I’ve subbed for or have driven for, which means i have both the blue and white Norfolk Lines, the Van Bentum, a Tekno Redburn Transfer and once I,ve a few bob spare will get the Tekno Edwin Shirley Trucking.

Does anyone know if Corgi or any other company made a model of a truck from the old Samual Williams company that ran out of Dagenham Dock, way back in the 50’s and 60’s??, my dad drove for them and just thought it woukld make a great Xmas present…

Gonna email Corig, but just thought I would ask in here…

Cheers
AndyM

Hi Andy, I don’t think Corgi have made one, I have most of the classic range and I can’t see one on my shelves…although it could be one I may have missed.

Its not the Corgi i collected but the Franklin Mints (i sort of saw the catalogue and it escelated)
I’ve got a Kenworth, Mack Elite, Freightliner(coe) a peterbilt and a limited edition 1916 Mack AC Bulldog which has never come out of the box.
All of the above bar the AC come with reefers and the detail is second to none.

I have to say that the Corgi range do some cracking models.

I collect the 1:64 scale corgis…got to keep them up high to stop the rug rats from getting at them. currntly running at about 45 models. also got acouple of 1970’s matchbox superkings still in their boxes of Gentransco Services now part of danzas… i used to work for them when i left school.my first proper job so they are a bit special… i have most of the supermarket chains morrisons are suppossed to be doing a model later but date unknown. the somerfields one is hard to get hold of…Safeways bought for £7.99 now worth about £30 due to limited edition…

Tammy:
Gentransco Services now part of danzas… i used to work for them when i left school.my first proper job so they are a bit special

was that at atherstone? we used to be in there most weeks, ran for manchester office doing amsterdam (rsk), mulhouse, paris marne la vallee, frankfurt (the old place down behind the railway station which was a pig to get in and out of) oh sorry am i going on a bit?! good memories :wink:

Both Model Price Guides are out now. If your collection as the Corgi Modern truck range dont waste your money on Ramseys as they only now list Corgi models between 1956 & 1983. In the Model price guide anybody that as the Corgi Set of Gibbs Of Fraserborough {CC.99125} can expect a nice price of £375 - £425 if sold.