Cops on the way from Livingston to Dundee

Keep reading you folks complaining…about speed cops in Scotland…Well ones on the way from Tesco Livingston to Dundee…tomorrow…Is there any particular place or stretches of road…i should watch out :question: :question: :question: …Not sure what exact route i’ll be taking…but probably the most common… :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
On the way up & back down from Scotland.last week…I twice saw them use some naughty…hiding places…you had no chance…(car drivers actually…it was on the motorway) :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And for all the God people out there :unamused: :unamused: …i didn’t say i would be speeding…but i don’t know where i’m going exactly…and if i need to get there quicker than planned…Well!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

That’s 3 different force areas…can’t be the same ones.

From livingstone to dundee avoid A92 it is closed and the diversion is a pain in the balls. Only place id watch out is approach to forth road bridge sometimes a car sits in the abnormal loading area with a gun and sometimes there is a speed van on the A90 past the friarton bridge.

Police are cracking down big time on the new motorway in glasgow, they are pulling over people for fun there but not really seen much activity anywhere else.

They usually have the mobile camera van’s on the Kingsway too, round about the BP garage with the Holiday Inn complex Northbound and Southbound.

presto51:
in local paper next 2 weeks safety camera partnership.clampdown on speeding mororists
A75
A76
A701
A711
B721

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74891&start=30

to reduce stress just drive at or about the
relevant speed limit for the road
and vehicle your driving

M90 J2 to J3 now has average speed cameras installed. They’re for work starting on the new access roads to the new bridge.

hitch:
and vehicle your driving

Yes, except that it does nothing for safety if you are constantly looking at the speedometer rather than the road.

Fergi:
M90 J2 to J3 now has average speed cameras installed. They’re for work starting on the new access roads to the new bridge.

its bascally from the bridge till halfway between j3 and j4. i live off j4 and its a right pita, i now go down the back roads to the bridge cause its actually quicker

as for the route to dundee, the forth bridge is one place to look out for, theres also a camera at newbridge, after the friarton bridge in perth there is sometimes a scamera van, thats really all you need to know

so basically onto the m8 towards the forth bridge, cross the bridge, up the m90 to perth follow the a90 to dundee and bingo

if you go via kincardine bridge and head towards kinross, do not speed the cops are usually out in force on that stretch of road, but its highly unlikely youll go that way unless a hurricaine comes overnight

I would say that from Livi, why not go Newbridge motorway to Stirling then Broxden and Friarton Bridge to Dundee.

alamcculloch:
I would say that from Livi, why not go Newbridge motorway to Stirling then Broxden and Friarton Bridge to Dundee.

That would add 30ish mile to your journey?

alamcculloch:

That’s a lot longer, Livi to Dundee via FRB is 1hr 15min. Roundabout at Dunblane to Dundee is 1hr. M9 Newbidge to Dunblane will take a lot more than 15mins.

Harry Monk:

hitch:
and vehicle your driving

Yes, except that it does nothing for safety if you are constantly looking at the speedometer rather than the road.

Cruise control ?

These average speed cameras go nearly to Crossgates on the A92 as well.The area theyre covering with them I think theyre gonna use the fines to finance the bridge.
And Fife being Fife watch out for camera vans after the average speed cameras stop.Ive seen them on the A92 at 7am on a Saturday morning.Nothing to do with safety and all about cash raising. If it was safety the worst road is the Lochgelly to Kirkcaldy road via Auchtertool,loads of kids killed on that one,but youll never see a camera on it.

Gridley51:
These average speed cameras go nearly to Crossgates on the A92 as well.The area theyre covering with them I think theyre gonna use the fines to finance the bridge.
And Fife being Fife watch out for camera vans after the average speed cameras stop.Ive seen them on the A92 at 7am on a Saturday morning.Nothing to do with safety and all about cash raising. If it was safety the worst road is the Lochgelly to Kirkcaldy road via Auchtertool,loads of kids killed on that one,but youll never see a camera on it.

typical fife though, busy roads = money

dangerous roads they dont give 2 flying {zb} about

Fergi:

what new bridge? i didnt know they had finally made a decision on whether to build a bridge or tunnel :confused:

scanny77:

Fergi:

what new bridge? i didnt know they had finally made a decision on whether to build a bridge or tunnel :confused:

edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topst … 6832697.jp

Yeah decision made and contracts have already been awarded, i would have preferred a tunnel myself but hey hoe. The current bridge will remain but it will only be open to buses and taxis i think?

This is a mock up of how it will look. Not got much hope for it - you cannae build ■■■■ all in the east without it turning into a disaster, trams and the parliament building come to mind :grimacing:

scanny77:

Fergi:

A tunnel would have cost about half that of the new bridge and taken half the time to complete…which is why we’re having a new bridge.

merc0447:

scanny77:

Fergi:

edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topst … 6832697.jp

Yeah decision made and contracts have already been awarded, i would have preferred a tunnel myself but hey hoe. The current bridge will remain but it will only be open to buses and taxis i think?

This is a mock up of how it will look. Not got much hope for it - you cannae build [zb] all in the east without it turning into a disaster, trams and the parliament building come to mind :grimacing:

Is it just me, or is that picture seriously out of perspective? The land mass along the top of the pic is drawn from a completely different angle to that of the bridges and river. WTF.

labour spent all that money putting nice new tolls in and SNP got in and immediately got rid of them again. then they finally overcame the issues and built the M9 spur and now are building a bridge further away from the area that the spur was meant to take congestion from. cant they literally burn money to save us from the roadworks that they keep producing with their half arsed ideas?