Copper with camera

One on the overhead bridge M5 near Taunton Deane yesterday, stood there next to a camera on a tri pod, not a speed gun/camera afaik, would not be a tax disc camera any more, so just wondered wtf he was looking for…full white hat traffic bod btw.
He got a good pic of me showing my disapproval anyway, …before any body starts,.any repercussions, don’t gaf tbh.

I mean ffs, whatever the reason would his time not be better spent actually ‘‘policing’’ the motorway?..such as , real day to day issues that NEED addressed, like poor lane discipline, aggressive driving, (cars AND trucks) cutting up, cutting across 1 truck and 2 lanes to leave at a junction, and all the rest of the crap we see every day…especially the one who did it to me 2 junctions up from where this copper was stood. :imp:

Double whammy for me personally, hate having a camera pointed at me without my say so (despite my good looks) and not to keen on coppers tbh.
Just curious as to how they were utilising their ‘‘limited resources’’ lately that they keep telling us about .
No apologies for another police knocking post btw, the usual crew who don t like it…plase ignore it.

Phone use? Seat belt? Talent scout? :laughing:

Maybe He just wanted a nice shot of the motorway he loves

And you ruined it with your filthy finger :unamused:

Why did you not stop on the hard shoulder and ask him what he was doing,sure he would oblige you with a suitable answer,like doing my job as instructed the same as you are doing. For me there`s more important things to bother about than a petty thing like a copper with a camera.

Who will see more what? bad lane discipline?
One Copper on a bridge with a MSA slip road in sight, or a Copper in a car travelling at about the same speed as anyone else along the m-way, mostly away from junctions?
He`ll be seeing more going on from that bridge than from a car.
Anyway he might be on his tea-break, and following other Stobbie Spotters!

lolipop:
Why did you not stop on the hard shoulder and ask him what he was doing,sure he would oblige you with a suitable answer,like doing my job as instructed the same as you are doing. For me there`s more important things to bother about than a petty thing like a copper with a camera.

Cos it’s illegal for one, but I get it that you are being facetious :neutral_face:
I too can '‘bother’ about important things for the record.,…so there you go.
Have a nice day…but you should start bothering about more important things than a post on a forum…just saying like. :wink:

Franglais:
One Copper on a bridge with a MSA slip road in sight, or a Copper in a car travelling at about the same speed as anyone else along the m-way, mostly away from junctions?

Good point well made, no mention of Covid so you’ve stopped ignoring me…nice one. :wink: :laughing:

robroy:

Franglais:

Good point well made, no mention of Covid so you’ve stopped ignoring me…nice one. :wink: [emoji38]

Given that you’ve no idea what he was doing, how can you possibly say it had less value than the petty annoyances that trigger you?

And you don’t GAF? You’ll bleat like a stuck pig if your errant finger triggers an official response.

You being such a rebel an all [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Devil’s advocate - would an ANPR camara picking up untaxed, uninsured or no MOT not be a possibility?

If their colleagues are waiting to pull offenders over & get them off the road till fixed I’m OK with that.

Monkey241:

robroy:

Franglais:

Good point well made, no mention of Covid so you’ve stopped ignoring me…nice one. :wink: [emoji38]

Given that you’ve no idea what he was doing, how can you possibly say it had less value than the petty annoyances that trigger you?

And you don’t GAF? You’ll bleat like a stuck pig if your errant finger triggers an official response.

Omg he’s back …the Police apologist. :laughing: …right on que.
‘‘Bleating like a stuck pig’’ whenever I question anything about the Old Bill.

You think my list of day to day traffic violations are ‘‘petty annoyances’’ …ok :neutral_face:
Hardly makes me a ‘‘rebel’’ though in anybody else’s mind other than yours.

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:

Franglais:

Omg he’s back …the Police apologist. [emoji38] …right on que.

You think my list of day to day traffic violations are ‘‘petty annoyances’’ …ok :neutral_face:

No - the rebel bit comes from your digit [emoji6]

It’s cue BTW.

And recognising what the copper was doing MIGHT have value simply makes me a realist, not an apologist.

I still reckon you blew your chance to become an undercracker model, Robroy. :laughing:

This would make a good follow up story.

mirror.co.uk/money/drivers- … 0-20542451

Monkey241:

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:

It’s cue BTW.

And recognising what the copper was doing MIGHT have value simply makes me a realist, not an apologist.

Ahh right so you recognised what he was doing.
Maybe if you had chosen to answer my query rather than be your usual smart arse and attempt to come back with a clever retort, I would have noticed…but I obviously missed the bit where you enlightened me as to the reason for the camera, .same as you in fact…missing the memo just to ignore me if you didn’t like my post.

Cue Que ?
I may have been practicing my Spanish for all you know. :smiley:

Star down under.:
I still reckon you blew your chance to become an undercracker model, Robroy. :laughing:

If that is a hint to send you some photos,.I ain’t playing. :laughing:

Could have been a lorry enthusiast dressed up like a copper so lorries would slow down a bit, and he’d get good photos.

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:

It’s cue BTW.

Ahh right so you recognised what he was doing.
Maybe if you had chosen to answer my query rather than be your usual smart arse and attempt to come back with a clever retort, I would have noticed…but I obviously missed the bit where you enlightened me as to the reason for the camera, .same as you in fact…missing the memo just to ignore me if you didn’t like my post.

Cue Que ?
I may have been practicing my Spanish for all you know. :smiley:

That reply makes no sense whatsoever.

Nor was I being a smart arse

Not for the first - or last time - you failed to understand.

hes taking a risk, out in the open could have been shot

Monkey241:
That reply makes no sense whatsoever.

Nor was I being a smart arse

Not for the first - or last time - you failed to understand.

Does it not?..ok fine.,really cba to explain.

No?..Ok but open to opinion. :wink:

Yep,.I failed to understand what the purpose of the camera was…ie the point of my post, :bulb:
But you chose to focus on my negative view of the police instead…as usual.

Wheel Nut:
This would make a good follow up story.

mirror.co.uk/money/drivers- … 0-20542451

I’ll keep you posted. :smiley:
I get the instigating road rage bit I suppose, between drivers, but unless the copper intended following me and giving me a kicking, I can’t see that would be a good case.

The public should be allowed to show disapproval of police tactics , and some of the stuff they do, gone are the days when the police deserved respect, they brought it on themselves with bad pr and bad press generally, and in fact very recently in many cases.

Oh ■■■■,.I shouldn’t have said that it’ll set HIM off again. :laughing: