Copied from the Feedback Forum - PLEASE READ! (May be a repost, will sort later if so.)

Be aware that the mods aren’t all back in again yet, nor have we really been told how the hell this thing works ourselves! :rage:

It’s not poor Diesel Dave’s fault, he’s been trying to make a quart fit in a pint pot on the time/teaching/teaching prep/other work front and is also somewhat out of the loop, which is why I’ve now reappeared to do a bit of “ground zero” cover.

Just…bear with us all, eh? Well, the two of us (me and Dave) who so far seem to have made it! (Mods, if you are out there somewhere, now would be a really good time to pipe up! and correct me…please? :joy: )

1 Like

It keeps asking me not to use my old password, but I’ve already tried to register, several times!
Also, there’s some symbol about cookies partly blocking the password box.
I’m sorry, but if this is the best that several months of being offline can do, then I think it’s been a complete waste of time.
I don’t mind change, but is this really the best that supposed computer geniuses could come up with?
I’m sorry, but I really can’t see this as progress, in fact, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it closes down for good, because of lack of support, because it’s simply too complicated.

More password shenanigans today, “wrong username / password " after many attempts got password reset.
Lucy said” Just…bear with us all, eh? Well, the two of us (me and Dave) who so far seem to have made it! (Mods, if you are out there somewhere, now would be a really good time to pipe up! and correct me…please? "
Looks like the mods cant even get on the site :woozy_face: .
Maybe either get a grown up to take an independent look at the site and get the IT persons to go back to basics , maybe the KISS principle ?
It has been said its early days , but really its not , just how long has the site been off line to make this ill fated transition ? I suspect and its only a suspicion that those doing the transition have been part time ( between homework and bedtime :smile:) Other sites I am on have changed platforms in a few hours. I bet you cant guess that I like others that have managed to get back are little annoyed with this situation.
Sorry Lucy for the rant.

From what i can see? It may as well close down , Or has it LOL

I’m not even sure I’m on here and if I am, who I am 'cos I had to change my username 'cos my original username had a space in it and this new wonderful site wouldn’t accept that so now I’m somebody else and apparently that means I’m a newby and will have to prove myself worthy of being on here.
However to the right of this box is another box telling me that I have posted a few topics and replies and it would like a photo of me! Is Big Brother watching or is it just for entertainment purposes like the photo of Robroy and The Moaster that I downloaded off the previous here and stuck on my dartboard?
Time will tell!

Ignore the big red sign about resetting your password, you’re posting so you’re obviously signed in which means you’ve already reset your password.

Oi! I resemble that remark

:dart:
Must spell check your U/N - sorry moaster :rofl:

it seems to me someone has wrecked a perfectly good site, i can see members walking away through its complexity

To be honest it’s really not that compex it seems more complex than it really is because people aren’t used to it.

When you’ve got a bit more used to it you’ll realise that this board is really quiet easy to navigate and post on :wink:

1 Like

Well Im finally back in. Old email that i havent used in 10 years made logging in impossible

1 Like

I’ve reported to the I.T. guys that the usernames all migrated as lowercase, as well as any spaces being replaced by underscores.

As you’ve correctly noted, this is alterable in your profile.

As well as this issue, I’ve reported a number of other issues to the I.T. guys too, their response was that these issues will be fixed “in the background” which will save this new site from having to be taken down for repairs.

Let’s just say that I’ve read everything that you and our members have written, then I’ve made my comments to the management.

TBF, they are acting on it.

Wow! That is a bright green. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome back, we got there in the end thanks to an intervention from the I.T. guys. :smiley:

1 Like

We had to do something because the old site couldn’t be updated for various technical reasons that I don’t fully understand. This also led to security vulnerabilities.

Let’s just say it was that bad that management agreed to spend a few bob on us!

1 Like

I put in a lot of time trying to get the ‘new’ TN to look as close as possible to the ‘old’ TN, but this came at exactly the wrong time for me due to my work commitments.

I’ve already sent an invoice for several gallons of midnight oil. :smiley:

1 Like

does anyone know how to report a post please

Not sure, but click on the dots bottom right of post, a flag icon appears. Try that.

thanks … i clicked on that before posting the question and got something else but works now :man_shrugging:

The whole thing is bright!