Copied from the Feedback Forum - PLEASE READ! (May be a repost, will sort later if so.)

Click on your icon on the top right of the screen then hit the down arrow which will open your control panel (I’m not sure if it’s called control panel but…), select the Interface tab and you can change the theme under “Colour Scheme”.

The dark theme seems OK but there are others to choose from.

1 Like

I`ve gone for a sort of pastel peach screen colour. I may have to change my curtains to match.

@Albion. I had a nondescript grey thing but now have a wee piccie instead. I didn`t bother with any of that on the old site, but have indulged in some time wasting recently. Too cold n grey outside recently.

I click on the Professional Drivers at the top, and get it, PLUS all the other sections jumbled up together.

I’m a member of a number of forums, including 2 foreign ones, all using different forum bases, but NONE is in anyway as shambolic as this new one. It is a complete mess, and nothing is obvious.

1 Like

If you click on the section header you will see the posts from all of the subfurums in that section

If you want to view only the professional drivers forum you need to click on “the professional drivers forum interactive” which is the first of the subfurums in the subfurums list below the section heading.

Yep it took me a while to figure that out when clicking the heading menu I got all the subheadings posts of all of the sections. It took me a moment to realise how it was set up and to click. The subsection heading to get to just that section of that heading. :joy:

You are more techy than me!

Well besides not having a speech bubble to quote, ok i can do the highlight method, i dont have a down arrow.

Ive hit every icon going, been into settings and preferences.

Solved it by going into settings on phone and putting the entire phone onto dark mode.

Ive really spent some time getting to grips with this site…and theres the issue. Normally its a 10 minute thing when you start a new forum to get the hang of the quirks , this is still very clunky, its messy to navigate. Ive gone from yes ill get used to it, to its not worth the hassle.

Ill persevere a bit longer.

But you clearly have had a nose around the new options!

Sorry.

I have mostly used my laptop to post, not phone so I`m not helpful with them.
On desktop version when replying to a posting we get box to type into (with a preview box alongside it). In the message box is a row of icons including a “speech bubble” to bring back the whole post being quoted. Or by highlighting a section of nay post we get a few options including "quote

If you are on a phone…I`m sure someone else will know more than me.
(Nowt new there then)

1 Like

Yes ive got the highlight text bit sorted.

I dont have a computer, so phone it is.

I think theyve jammed too many features in. KISS principle applies!

Speech/Quote button to quote the post you’re replying to.

To quote a post you first need to press the reply button then the speech/quote button.
Alternatively you can select some of the post your replying to and then press the reply button.

Preview button to preview your post on a mobile.

The preview button will change to an edit icon (looks like a pencil) when in preview mode so to get back to editing your post press the edit icon.

edit: updated image to show the hamburger menu that toggles the format menu on/off.

When you tap your icon in the top right hand corner you will see the down arrow in the second image.

I have none of those, no bold, no italics, no speech button etc. I gave the bin upwards arrow and computer screen icon at the bottom.

Honest, ive been on multiple forums for over 15 years, im usually really goid with them. I can quote by cut and paste so thats fine

No pencil either!:woozy_face:

OK I think I’ve found the problem :slight_smile:

Immediately above the textbox where you draft your post, near the right hand side you will see 3 horizontal lines, I think it’s called a hamburger menu, you tap those 3 lines to toggle the format menu on and off.

As far as the pencil icon is concerned, as I indicated in a post above you will only see the pencil icon (edit button) when in preview mode, to preview the post you’re writing you press the icon that looks like a TV screen.

I`m duplicating a reply here , but to get the speech bubble Tachograph has highlighted in red , you might have to tap the 3 bars across to the right of “Albion”

@tachograph
Edit …great minds
or fools not differing :grinning:

@franglais

LOL

Yes the hamburger menu (if that’s what it’s called) definitely toggles the format menu on/off :slight_smile:

I only saw “hamburger” mentioned in connection with www on this TNUK site recently. I think it was @animal who mentioned it ?

Livenlearn. (still not got apostrophes sorted tho! :grinning:)

hamburger menu - Google Search

Now that should be something lorriests should be able to relate too, hamburger menu and hamburger trailer lights. Ok maybe not at all :joy:

I’ve updated the image in post #30 to show the hamburger menu that toggles the post format menu on and off.

Thanks tachgraph you and frangers have sorted it!