Cooking

Any thoughts on this as I’m thinking it should work being 200 watts the 300 watt inverter I have should be ok and it has what looks like a lockable lid so it can be cooking while driving without risk of spillage.

argos.co.uk/product/4551720

Personally I’d be a bit wary of running it on a 300W. In an ideal world, your inverter should output double the requirements of what you are plugging into it. They should follow the same principle of PSU’s. They are most efficient at 50% load. Running something close to its max continuous output can stress out the internals.

Looks good that mate. Ive one of these, good for soups etc.

maplin.co.uk/p/yellowstone-f … -box-a68tc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radar19:
Personally I’d be a bit wary of running it on a 300W. In an ideal world, your inverter should output double the requirements of what you are plugging into it. They should follow the same principle of PSU’s. They are most efficient at 50% load. Running something close to its max continuous output can stress out the internals.

Fair point on the inverter I’m just looking for a different option to try and get some healthier food but really don’t want to use gas. Salads etc are ok kept in the coolbox but doing a couple of nights out a week it would be good to have a hot meal without resorting to KFC etc.

I have a small gas stove, worked alright in the Premium I was driving. Just make sure the bedding is tucked away.

wrighty1:
Fair point on the inverter I’m just looking for a different option to try and get some healthier food but really don’t want to use gas. Salads etc are ok kept in the coolbox but doing a couple of nights out a week it would be good to have a hot meal without resorting to KFC etc.

Why don’t you want to use gas? Cheap, readily available and massively versatile.

There really is no risk unless you’re a complete halfwit with zero common sense.

A.

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

Why don’t you want to use gas? Cheap, readily available and massively versatile.

There really is no risk unless you’re a complete halfwit with zero common sense.

A.

Lol you have such a way with words but as a kid I was obviously a halfwit and got badly burned by an exploding gas cannister so you’ll have to forgive my lack of common sense in preferring not to use them :laughing:

wrighty1:

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

A.

Lol you have such a way with words but as a kid I was obviously a halfwit and got badly burned by an exploding gas cannister so you’ll have to forgive my lack of common sense in preferring not to use them :laughing:

Do what I do, when you’re done with it, take the can out of the cooker.

Radar19:

wrighty1:

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

A.

Do what I do, when you’re done with it, take the can out of the cooker.

Good point it would seem that I am a “halfwit” for not thinking of that :wink:

Radar19:

I’d be wary of running it that close too. 500W or bigger. As has been said before,why don’t sleeper cabs have a leisure battery/split charge/1000W inverter as standard?

Nobby_Clarke:

Radar19:

I’d be wary of running it that close too. 500W or bigger. As has been said before,why don’t sleeper cabs have a leisure battery/split charge/1000W inverter as standard?

Maybe it’s because I have an 09 Daf CF :laughing: :laughing:

wrighty1:

Stick to your KFC or man up is all I can suggest then.

A.

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

A.

Well thanks for the advice and I’ll certainly make sure to ignore it coming from such a man that calls himself Adonis, is it just a thing of your’s to try & insult on every post as your’e just not very good at it so maybe you should scroll on by!
I thought this was a forum for help & advice with a bit of banter thrown in but obviously your gob operates long before your brain engages :unamused:

wrighty1:
Well thanks for the advice and I’ll certainly make sure to ignore it coming from such a man that calls himself Adonis, is it just a thing of your’s to try & insult on every post as your’e just not very good at it so maybe you should scroll on by!
I thought this was a forum for help & advice with a bit of banter thrown in but obviously your gob operates long before your brain engages :unamused:

Stop taking things to heart, it’s the internet.

You’ve been given a suggestion and greet about being hurt as a child, give your head a wobble. Anyone who isn’t a halfwit would have put in the OP that they couldn’t use a gas cooker, since it’s a tool many trappers use and was bound to be suggested.

A full grown man terrified to use a stove, Jesus wept.

A.

wrighty1:

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

A.

Well put and I totally agree with you.

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

You’ve been given a suggestion and greet about being hurt as a child, give your head a wobble. Anyone who isn’t a halfwit would have put in the OP that they couldn’t use a gas cooker, since it’s a tool many trappers use and was bound to be suggested.

A.

Does the A stand for arse hole?

Adonis.:

wrighty1:

A.

Terrified & taking things to heart wouldn’t be me pal but if that’s what you like to think carry on, you may actually be a nice bloke but somehow I doubt it. As said if you can be no further help try jogging on before you start being a troll :wink:

bobbya:
Does the A stand for arse hole?

That’s just plain rude.

A.

wrighty1:

Radar19:

Have you thought about the microwave option ?
Either a household one with a large inverter with Anderson leads, or spend your Christmas prezzie money on a 24v one.

Or even better, if you are fortunate to work for a top firm who values you, as I ONCE did, get them to buy you one. :bulb:
Second choice get them to buy you one and take a tenner a week out of your wages.

I’ve had mine now for about 12 yrs, they really are good.
Make some home cooked stuff at home at weekend, and put it in your fridge (again, bought for me 12 yrs ago :sunglasses: ) and there you go, heated home cooked nutritional scran.

As for KFC, surely not :unamused: …, park somewhere decent :bulb: and get a good pub meal…even if you are a non drinker.

Hope that was constructive and helpful enough for you. :smiley: :wink:

robroy:

wrighty1:

Radar19:

Have you thought about the microwave option ?
Either a household one with a large inverter with Anderson leads, or spend your Christmas prezzie money on a 24v one.

Or even better, if you are fortunate to work for a top firm who values you, as I ONCE did, get them to buy you one. :bulb:
Second choice get them to buy you one and take a tenner a week out of your wages.

I’ve had mine now for about 12 yrs, they really are good.
Make some home cooked stuff at home at weekend, and put it in your fridge (again, bought for me 12 yrs ago :sunglasses: ) and there you go, heated home cooked nutritional scran.

As for KFC, surely not :unamused: …, park somewhere decent :bulb: and get a good pub meal…even if you are a non drinker.

Hope that was constructive and helpful enough for you. :smiley: :wink:

Very helpful & another option to look at thanks.