Cooking in truck?

I wondered if any one had any ideas about cooking in the truck on a night out?
Gas is banned on our place no matter what kind of container it comes in. It has been said that anyone caught with gas faces instant dismissal for gross misconduct!

I wondered if something like this would work through an inverter?

cookware-online.co.uk/shop/k … 72679.html

The way things are at the moment I don’t want to give them any excuse

Cheers
Dave

Look at the power comsumption i’d imagine it runs on 1000w plus and them inverters are well over 150 notes. i use gas or my 24v oven if its something small. But a good find… if you find out how many watts it consumes let me know i’d love to replace my gas cooker with one of them. And then you need the inverter connecting to the batterys not through the 24v socket otherwise you’ll fry it.

Oh, that’s another thing we can’t do - connect anything direct to the batteries as it affects the engine management programmes!

Looks like we’ll be building a fire at the side of the road!

Why not get a microwave?

Sound like a really strict company who do you work for? Most trucks let you put 300w through the 24v socket but not all I know scania trucks do. Microwaves need to be on batterys to i’m sure silver? One of ours has one in and it had to be wired onto batterys.

just found this…

Safe: only the pan is heated - the ceramic plate remains relatively cool
Fast: Pans heat extremely quickly: changing from a fast boil to a gentle simmer happens at a touch of a button
Energy efficient: induction hobs consume less energy
Controllable: Precision control with 7 selectable temperatures
Easy to clean: wiping the unit with a damp soapy cloth is usually sufficient

Power supply: 220v/50HZ
Wattage range:150-1600W
Temperature range: 120-240 degrees C

i wouldnt bother mate that’ll be 1600w to get it at 240deg c and 150 at 100 deg c have a look at cb shack they have some innovative stuff in but buy from ebay they are expensive. Found you a 12v frying pan?

do you get a meal allowance to comansate for not using your own cooking gear.

jeeez get a life
why would you want to cook in the cab
by all means have the stuff to do it in an emergency
but whats wrong with using the night out money thats meant to cover the expense of being away
wander to a pub get meal swift half and a game of darts :smiley:

if you can cook in the cab the trucks tooo biiiiigggg

PS
aint you got a trailer box and fishing stool

Seems abit harsh to me not being allowed make yourself some food especially if your a tramper and if you are held up and get stuck in the middle of nowhere having run out of time.I would make sure i didn’t get caught using one myself and take the stove with me on my weekends off :wink: :wink:

davidj247:
It has been said that anyone caught with gas faces instant dismissal for gross misconduct!

I wouldn’t last a week, I get terrible gas after a curry and a few pints.

I use a microwave in the side locker which I plug into the power supply to the tail lift when needed

Well after blowing my wagon and self up using a camping stove we are also banned from using gas.
Now have a 1500 w inverter wired to the battery terminals of the fuse box,and a 700w cheap microwave from comet.Works a treat .

If you get really hungry get a hexy burner and some boil in a bag grubb :open_mouth: :grimacing:

(Although you may have to be careful where you put the burner at least you save on washing up)

Sean:
If you get really hungry get a hexy burner and some boil in a bag grubb :open_mouth: :grimacing:

(Although you may have to be careful where you put the burner at least you save on washing up)

my mate used to love army ration packs and boil in bag stuff from camping shops. as you say no washing up.

or buy one of those disposable barbys you get in the garages and cook yourself a steak in the back of the trl :unamused: :wink:

Stuff the rules get one of those cookers that come in a plastic case and take the lighter gas type canisters a hell of a lot safer than screwing with your electrics and a hell of a lot cheaper too I saw one for £8 including gas.

A money saving tip;
Why not save on expensive burger vans and Dash Flash just fry your Bacon in your Cab, Bacon Butty and Greasy Dash in One… :smiley: :smiley:

try these…

ration packs

word of warning…

i had an unfortunate accident involving a “pot noodle”, {kept for emergencies, incase i hadn’t stopped at a proper eating establishment}, a good few years ago.
a free ride in a “nee nar” to the nearest A&E, and the rest of the week off work with a badly burned foot, the pot tipped over just after i’d added the boiling water…OUCH…
luckily for my boss at the time, i was localish to get another driver out to take over my wagon.

don’t think i’ve had a “pot” since, and i still have the scars

road king have a lot of 24V cooking stuff including 24v ovens, don’t know how good they are.

re 24vovens wudnt be without mine nw had it bt 5 years best 30 quid iv spent,takes about 30 mins to cook any thing from sausage and mash (chilled ready meal type) to chiken kievs some points to note if u connect them using hella plug cig lighter the socket tends to get to het and melt the plug so best thing to do is get two pin type plug from diy shop (lawmower type) n use that ,some people wory that they willl flaten truck battery but i use mine all the time n neva had that prob,