Cooker advice

Looking for a cooker for my truck merc actros, most say hard wire but these are lease trucks so dont want to mess about with it. is there a cooker out there that you can just plus into 24v. thanks chaps in advance. :wink:

I’ll ask my butler to enquire what the cook utilises.

fdm:
I’ll ask my butler to enquire what the cook utilises.

DONT BOTHER TOOL

Ok, let’s try again. The butler asks if you mean a grill, or a hot plate. Grills are available at almost every truckstop. Hot plates he doesn’t know in 24volts, only 230, which needs an inverter.

No need to shout.

fdm:
Ok, let’s try again. The butler asks if you mean a grill, or a hot plate. Grills are available at almost every truckstop. Hot plates he doesn’t know in 24volts, only 230, which needs an inverter.

No need to shout.[/quo
ok i like people who talk sense as you just did in second comment thanks for the second not the first. nice to be nice its a simple question that i dont know, so im asking advice to other truckers i just need something i can warm food up in ie soup or stew a 24v plug in is that possible. :wink:

Go GAS ! e.g. twin ring hob with grill…or a single - cheap as chips :slight_smile:

sweeper1gg:

fdm:

No need to shout.[/quo
ok i like people who talk sense as you just did in second comment thanks for the second not the first. nice to be nice its a simple question that i dont know, so im asking advice to other truckers i just need something i can warm food up in ie soup or stew a 24v plug in is that possible. :wink:

Well, you asked about a cooker, which makes most people think about a gas cooker, like the one shown above (wow, gourmet cooking, respect…), or the widely available little gas cookers that take a cartridge refill. But you mentioned 24 volt, which takes us to the realm of grill/ovens. Those are available at truckstops etc, and will heat up soup, pizza, ready meals etc.

Torkey:
Go GAS ! e.g. twin ring hob with grill…cheap as chips :slight_smile:

I agree, I use a simple gas cooker I got from Halfords years ago. uses aerosol size cans and come in a plastic case and is very portable

most trucks are lease trucks

nightline:

Most trucks have a wheel in each corner …

peirre:

nightline:

WTF,nice input by nightline :unamused:

sweeper1gg:
Looking for a cooker for my truck merc actros, most say hard wire but these are lease trucks so dont want to mess about with it. is there a cooker out there that you can just plus into 24v. thanks chaps in advance. :wink:

roadking.co.uk/mobile-12v-an … -oven.html

peirre:

nightline:

but these are lease trucks so dont want to mess about with it (quote)
Yes but as he says above, the tyres on the wheels are Probley on lease as well.

How do we get onto wheels n tyres, the OP, asked a perfectly reasonable question. Already it has got into the ridicule I expect from Trucknet members.

Get an inverter and buy a small slow cooker from sainsburys for about 12 quid then you can cook your food all day and look forward to wolfing said food down by the smell of it cooking away all day. :wink:

Thetaff2:
Get an inverter and buy a small slow cooker from sainsburys for about 12 quid then you can cook your food all day and look forward to wolfing said food down by the smell of it cooking away all day. :wink:

Any inverter that can run that would need to be directly wired to the battery as it would exceed the capacity of the sockets.

To answer your question, any leccy cooker is going to use enough juice to require a hard wire or inverter.
I have used small leccy oven via 1000 watt inverte, good for ready meals, pie’s and toast. Tend to rely on gas cooker in general though.

Now if you want to go electric and don’t want to hard wire get some leads and hook up to battery when it’s time to cook, a pain I know but a solution.

Oh yea, if you have anderson connection get leads made up to plug into that.

Take YOUR wife :grimacing:

Good point, running an inverter that can run a domestic kettle or oven will probably overload your average dashboard sockets…

Mind you, gas cookers indoors are not exactly recommend either :open_mouth: