conway bailey and rr transport

LJA:

Trucker-Lass22:
I shall pop over in the next week or two and speak to Lee (know you dont drive there anymore but is he normally around most days or is there a good time to call over? I know at our place between 8-9 is normally chaos lol) Thanks for all your help and advice and i shall keep you posted :grimacing:

Yeah, no probs. You will normally find Lee there Monday to Friday from around 8-9am until 5-6pm unless you are unlucky enough to call in when he’s got a day off! It can be a busy office, but he will always make himself available to see you for 10mins. He also takes it in turn to work on the weekends, but it’s probably best to call in there during the week for the best chance of seeing him. If they decide to give you a quick assessment drive you will need your driving licence and digi card with you, so make sure you take them along with you. (Like I said before, don’t worry about that. It’s only to see that you can handle a large vehicle and know how to position yourself correctly and safely - They will also understand about you being very new to it. I went there only a few months after upgrading my cat C to C+E. When we got back into the yard, I reversed the trailer back into a large gap between the fuel pump and the MOT garage and to make sure I got it right I over-compensated the moving of the unit left & right many times in order to get the trailer to go back to where I wanted it. When I took the keys back into the office, I was introduced to the owner Mark who commented on my over-manoevering! Alan Stanton (the trainer/assessor) jumped to my defence immediatly and said that I was a very new C+E driver and that’s nothing unusual for a new driver. Mark was totally fine with it). I think Alan Stanton (the chap who does all the driver training) is the one who always does the driving assessment (he done mine) and I know he only works Monday to Friday, so if you did go there on a weekend, I doubt you will get an assessment.

If you’ve got any more questions, fire away…anyway, good luck with it all! :sunglasses:

Ok cool I shall pop over there one afternoon when ive finished work. My biggest worry with the assessment is reverse I havnt reversed an artic since January, I can do it it’s just not second nature still have to think which way to turn the wheel to kick the trailer round. It’s one of those things couple practises and id get the feel again but obviously dont wanna completely ■■■■ it up, like I did on my test first time round!
Someone said to me to try R&R aswell as they may start me on class 2 pallet work before they let me onto class 1, I really dont mind just wanna get out there driving now even if it’s once a week

This is nice. Should I buy a new hat yet? :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

+1

lightning:

the maoster:

+1

+2 :laughing: any chance of a Donald? :sunglasses: before you get married! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Trucker-Lass22:
Ok cool I shall pop over there one afternoon when ive finished work. My biggest worry with the assessment is reverse I havnt reversed an artic since January, I can do it it’s just not second nature still have to think which way to turn the wheel to kick the trailer round. It’s one of those things couple practises and id get the feel again but obviously dont wanna completely [zb] it up, like I did on my test first time round!

Like I said before, don’t worry about the assessment. I wasn’t asked to do any reversing and I’m sure you won’t either. (After we got back into the yard, I reversed the trailer back into a space where I took it from, and Alan (who done my assessment), had already got out the cab and was walking back into his office). The chap is simply looking to see that you ‘do things right’ like position the truck on the correct side of the lane you’re driving in, so as to make turns into other roads without driving up onto kerbs etc. Also, that you know how to couple up and uncouple in the right way that’s all. So, don’t panic! You will get plenty of reversing practice once you’re out on the road and backing onto bays at the RDC’s you’ll get sent to. Trust me! :smiley:

Trucker-Lass22:
Someone said to me to try R&R aswell as they may start me on class 2 pallet work before they let me onto class 1, I really dont mind just wanna get out there driving now even if it’s once a week

Yes, you could try R&R as well, but the work they do is different to CBT. Yes, they have some class 2 only wagons and CBT doesn’t but they tend to do more of the general haulage and odd loads which need to be tied/strapped down onto the wagon, whereas CBT is mainly taking a full trailer of pallets from the yard (or off a bay at a customer site) to an RDC somewhere. Personally, I think CBT is easier work but each to their own I guess. Also, as I explained earlier in this thread, the pay structure is different in both companies as well. All R&R are hourly paid whereas most full-time CBT drivers are on salary with bonuses.

getaroom.png

i’ll book the wedding car, something orange that will never back down from a 20 mile overtaking manouvre

Well i’m up for a stag weekend not been on one now for a couple of years.

Schofield:
i’ll book the wedding car, something orange that will never back down from a 20 mile overtaking manouvre

:laughing: