conway bailey and rr transport

Am just curious to know how much kit this lot have , see loads of them everywhere . Thought westfields were the big boys down that neck of the woods seems i thought wrong , like i say just curious , any info much appreciated

Just do an operator search on the vids web site.

R & R transport in Milton Keynes

Have blue and white units, They are in Sibley transport old yard I went for a interview with them. money not to good and they had a couple of caravans in the yard with eastern Europeans living in them. I think the boss had something to do with swains transport the red ones that went bust he may of been a driver there

The one in MK is actually K & K, not R & R, the boss was in the traffic office at Swains, and subbied a couple of his own trucks to them as well.

Big ■■■■:

Have blue and white units, They are in Sibley transport old yard I went for a interview with them. money not to good and they had a couple of caravans in the yard with eastern Europeans living in them. I think the boss had something to do with swains transport the red ones that went bust he may of been a driver there

Wrong firm :wink:

Based in Redruth , iirc owned and run by members of the Bailey family

Not sure how many trucks they have , but it’s several :wink:

sorry guys it was 2 years ago I had the interview lol

Denis F:

Big ■■■■:

Wrong firm :wink:

Based in Redruth , iirc owned and run by members of the Bailey family

Not sure how many trucks they have , but it’s several :wink:

I think it’s more than 2. I saw 2 together the other day. :sunglasses:

Didnt someone on here drive for one of these firms, and left cos he was on around £6 an hour?

Can recall a co from Redruth.Rowe and co? Green lorries.
Iirc they used to do a lot of fruit and veg to the markets,think they went on to be RR Group?

according to vosa Conway bailey have at main operating centre 52 vehicles and 70 trailers and at st miran meat 10 vehicles and 14 trailers
and R&R have one operating centre with 50 vehicles and 70 trailers on that licence, just to give you some idea I think they took delivery of 50 new dafs this year alone, but will ask a mate how use to work for them and still keeps in contact with some of the drivers to get that confirmed :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

largebloke1969:
Am just curious to know how much kit this lot have , see loads of them everywhere . Thought westfields were the big boys down that neck of the woods seems i thought wrong , like i say just curious , any info much appreciated

westfield have 2 operating centres one with 45 vehicles and 35 trailers on and another with 20 vehicles and 50 trailers on so not as big as Conway and R&R :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hey guys!

Up until a few weeks ago I had been driving for CBT out of Redruth since April 2012. Before I started with them I had been made redundant from Waldrons in Bromsgrove. I thought I was being offered a full time salaried job (like 95% of the boys at CBT are on - all the R&R guys are hourly paid as far as I’m aware), but after my few weeks trial period ended I was given a contract to sign and it was only one of them zero hour things! So, obviously I wasn’t best pleased with this, as I had already moved out of my old place up the road from Waldrons and signed another rental agreement on a flat in Cornwall. If I had been told I was only getting offered a zero hour contract I wouldn’t haved moved. As it happened, over the past 18 months I did get enough work to keep me going anyway, but that’s beside the point! In fact, I turned it around to my advantage, in as much as when I fancied more than 45 hours off every weekend, I simply told them I wasn’t available and they couldn’t force me to do any short rests if I didn’t fancy it, and I rarely did! But of course, I hadn’t got the luxury the other guys have of knowing there will be a certain amount of dosh going into my bank each week.

As far as I could tell (because all the trucks were never in the yard at the same time!) CBT runs about 60 to 70 trucks and R&R run about 25. That is an estimate and please correct me if you know I’m wrong. As somebody else already stated CBT and R&R are owned by Mark Bailey but they are run separately and from different locations in Redruth. CBT’s yard is down a small lane next to Smokey Joe’s cafe just off the A30 if anyone knows it. R&R are located down on the Cardrew industrial estate. R&R’s offices are where the company usually carry out their DCPC training once a month. As most of you will have noticed, all of CBT’s trucks are almost new. I don’t think there were any trucks older than about 5 years, so they are all quite nice to drive. I don’t know about R&R’s trucks, as I only ever drove CBT trucks. Most of them were DAF’s and most of them were XF’s and were complete with good size fridges and a microwave.

Although I personally had a couple of disagreements with Mark, he is a fair and decent chap to work for. As long as you get on with your duties as your supposed to and don’t try to bring the company down, he will always be behind you and support you. All the office staff & managers I had dealings with were nice people as well, and again they were always there willing to help if it was needed. Some firms don’t give a monkeys about their employees. Most of the drivers I met there are nice decent chaps (and ladies! yes, there are a few) with the exception of the odd ‘nutter’ or ‘miserable sod’ you always seem to get at every company. lol

The work is quite easy as most of it is delivering meat to RDC’s as well some potatoes, veg or flowers (whatever is in season). You just back onto a bay and somebody else unloads it. They normally then get you a backload delivering to a store in Devon or Cornwall for either Sainsburys or Morrisons. The only one problem is it’s very low pay. You really have to put some serious hours in! Mind you, I never had any problems with my wages. It was always paid in to my bank every Friday morning.

Hope that gives you an insight for anyone wanting to move to Cornwall! :sunglasses:

LJ.

LJA why did you leave? Where you working now?

mucker85:

Ah…now that would be telling! :laughing:

Well, I decided many months ago to hunt around for a more permanent job and I’ve just started working for Insight Trans Logistics based in Inkberrow, Worcestershire. I actually started this week (Monday). I’m just being used here & there doing odd collections/deliveries this week but then as of next week I will be mainly doing container work on behalf of Maritime. There will be the possible opportunity to do trips to Spain & Gibraltar in a few months time, if I feel like it. They go there quite a lot! :sunglasses:

LJA:

mucker85:

Ah…now that would be telling! :laughing:

Well, I decided many months ago to hunt around for a more permanent job and I’ve just started working for Insight Trans Logistics based in Inkberrow, Worcestershire. I actually started this week (Monday). I’m just being used here & there doing odd collections/deliveries this week but then as of next week I will be mainly doing container work on behalf of Maritime. There will be the possible opportunity to do trips to Spain & Gibraltar in a few months time, if I feel like it. They go there quite a lot! :sunglasses:

They run white magnums is that the ones??
If so I know a guy who works for them called Fraser.

heres a post for toby!! insight are one of his favourite subjects

kindle530:
heres a post for toby!! insight are one of his favourite subjects

When he hits the apple juice with his meds everything gets interesting for him!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I find him fascinating with some of the stuff he comes out with,hilarious!!

Top bloke!

I worked for Conway when he had half a dozen Roadtrains, and also did a bit for Rowe & Co driving an F12 … Yeah, it was a while ago!

Seems like a decent enough firm.

Thetaff2:
They run white magnums is that the ones??
If so I know a guy who works for them called Fraser.

Yes. That’s the right one mate (they have some blue ones as well), and yeah I met that Fraser chap.

Erm…a bit of an update…I no longer work there!! :unamused:

My Mom’s neighbour used to work for the owner and told me to beware of him and make sure I get paid, which promted me to quiz the manager as to exactly what I can expect as a wage. After skirting round the subject, he finally told me, and I was horrified to find out that they only pay £6.20p per hour and they only pay for your driving time!!! :unamused: :angry: :imp:

And there was me thinking Conway Bailey were the worst paying firm out there! :astonished: The unit they gave me was the dirtiest/smelliest unit I’ve ever driven as well. Needless to say, I finished the end of that week! It’s a shame as the work on the containers was easy enough, and they pay £26 for overnights which is better than most and they give you £2 a day to cover food…not that £2 goes far these days! :unamused: