Compulsory masks

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

robroy:
No data, links or you tube clips mate,.I’ve got far much more going on in my life to bother to find or read them

Say no more.

Lol if only

I know…
But doubtless he will be back with his sum total of zero facts or information, and tell how we`re all wrong.
At least there is some better input, whatever their differing views, from those who do read around a subject.
(Take a bow Mr M) :smiley:

Bloody Hell !
He is giving life advice now too!

Yep,.I’ll just keep on observing reality with my own eyes, leave the research to the experts (and you :smiley: ) maybe I’ll even actually listen to the propaganda, b/s and hysteria, but I’ll have a good go of separating it all from the truth and reality,.and from what I SEE myself…and at the same time maintain a normal life.
If I get Covid c’est la vie,.■■■■ happens in life.
You should give it a go mate, wallowing in all this stuff is going to make you neurotic, maybe even affect your mental health…
There you go more life coaching for you, you can have it for free. :wink:

This wonderful chap’s been my prime source of health education this last year.Taught me to train my dietary habits and embrace the miracle effects gained by fasting and thence-autophagy.namely utilising the bodies capacity for stem-cell regeneration,sort of the paramedic cell’s first response.

The good doctor steers a course of not lavishly condemning the corporate big-food/pharma stitch up,a system predicated on poor soil/heavy-pesticided foodstuffs and the cocomitent financial bonanzas providing the ubiquitous ‘cure’ options.He has to keep his platform enablers sweet as a given but this fella is a goldmine of ■■■■■■■■-‘let thy food be thy medicine’ musings.No two ways about it,the food we consume today sits in that dreadful paradoxic scenario of achieving the direct opposite of it’s prime,health-enabling purpose,due to the aforementioned soil and chem sprays at large.Throw GM into the mix ( farmer B Gates is assiduously filling his boots with farmland buyouts in the states as well as holding a half-million in Monsanto shares) and we see how easy this is going to be on ‘taking it to the next level’.Heard a whisper there’s a California University project under way (read- already locked&loaded) in incorporating the ‘vaxx’ into vegetables,spinach mostly.

The desperation of this is more than hiding in plain sight even euthanasia clinics are making their dying customers eligible for the procedure in Germany.There’s something unfathomable going down across the spectrum of a more… esoteric nature imho,some cosmic,spiritual component playing out,dimensional shifts,occultic,hard to analyse in a laboratory type of deal,sure it bares all the hallmarks of a Bolshevik game-plan to the letter, as the vehicle of choice, but there’s biblical type stuff heading down the pike for certain.My tea-leaves are seldom inaccurate. :angry:
youtu.be/DIP9kINN_ao

I always…

Feel filled with confidence and instantly reassured when someone’s ‘heard a whisper’. :unamused:

I prefer more hard facts than ‘whispers’.

What a fantasist.

manalishi:
utilising the bodies capacity for stem-cell regeneration,

Interesting…
Cutting edge therapy.
Have you had a bone marrow transplant, or do you dine on umbilical cords?

manalishi:
embrace the miracle effects

Aahh. I see.
No need for real medicine or science then is there?

stu675:

Franglais:

Maybe it is you who is denying what is evident to those with access to data?
Do you think you get a better of the world through your windscreen, than SAGE experts, Doctors, and Nurses in hospitals get?

There is no data!
If the “data” is deaths “from any cause within 28 days (used to be 3 months) of a positive case”
If the data ignores deaths with co morbidities, ignores the age of those most at risk.
My experience of hospitals during the crisis was emptyness with doctors with nothing to do.
I had a positive PCR test over a year ago and subsequently has 3 positive antibody tests spread over the past 6 months (most recently over a year after my Covid infection) how come no one is interested in my data and everyone like me with proven natural immunity. Because there’s no money in it. Money in vaccinations, testing, masks, quarantine hotels. So no Covid pass for me.

“There is no data!”
Really? There is reams and rams of it! What do you think is missing? ons.gov.uk/visualisations/d … #headlines
This is the first page of the ONS Covid site.
It can go down easily to stats on antibodies, injections, etc.
Antibodies against coronavirus (COVID-19)
The presence of antibodies to COVID-19 suggests that a person previously had the infection or has been vaccinated. In the week beginning 14 June 2021, the percentage of adults that would have tested positive for antibodies is estimated to be:
89.8% in England
91.8% in Wales
87.2% in Northern Ireland
84.7% in Scotland.
COVID-19 antibody positivity remained highest in older age groups across the UK. The North West had the highest antibody positivity among English regions.

April 2021: Car and m/cycle repairers? 25% working remotely, 15% on furlough, the rest at work. Enough detail?

Go into more to find outcomes subdivided by age group etc etc.

When you have had those tests, the results are not given to you, then forgotten. They all go into centralised recording systems. It is a big operation.

stu675:
My experience of hospitals during the crisis was emptyness with doctors with nothing to do.

My experience of cruise liners was that the staff were calm and polite. I never went into the boiler rooms so I dont quite know what was happening there. I do know of people involved in medicine in various roles. None of them have complained of being bored. . As I said earlier one persons view is rarely, if ever, an accurate view of the world.

manalishi:
This wonderful chap’s been my prime source of health education this last year.Taught me to train my dietary habits and embrace the miracle effects gained by fasting and thence-autophagy.namely utilising the bodies capacity for stem-cell regeneration,sort of the paramedic cell’s first response.

youtu.be/DIP9kINN_ao

''Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. ‘’

Wow. Literally. Wow.

ETS:

manalishi:

youtu.be/DIP9kINN_ao

''Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. ‘’

Wow. Literally. Wow.

Have you heard of “Dr” Gillian McKeith?
Ben Goldacre and Hettie?

Ed. And Ms McKeith lawyer husband…
Link from 2007
theguardian.com/media/2007/ … ising.food

Just out of interest how many hospitals were you actually in? And which ones?
I know quite a few people who work in hospitals in the UK and even before covid Doctors have never had nothing to do.
In fact quite the opposite.

I really don’t know where you get your info but it is severely flawed.

ETS:

manalishi:

youtu.be/DIP9kINN_ao

Wow. Literally. Wow.

As if that’s a clincher?can he not have…diversified into different arenas? presumably a doctorate isn’t something anyone can grab? Way too much trusting of letters after names,a very depressing concept.A simple- Mr Berg-wouldn’t affect my view of this mans exceptional knowledge acumen.I have personally benefitted from it.Modern doctors-surgeons excluded-are little more than pushers for big-pharma these days,useful in certain ways obviously,but they sing from the same song-sheet with scant knowledge of diets and nutrition.A doctor who doesn’t mention your dietary regimes is a simple pharma-pimp imho, and with increasingly rarer exceptions these days.

Intermittent fasting is never mooted you’ll find, yet the effects are mind-blowing…(quote incoming)…‘‘A man lives on but a quarter of what he eats,his physician on the remainder’’ (found chiseled into an Egyptian tomb) The leftist mindset only seems to echo with perceived,system-serving dogmas/indoctrinations etc.It can’t embrace the more intuitive and free-range thought forms available with the internet today and this isn’t aimed at you btw,but we’ve been nickel and dimed by these calcified mindsets for nearly a century by ‘trusting the experts’.Real healing won’t be found if the body is iredeemably poisoned by the foodstuffs designed to heal and nourish.The entire medical system is built on the same foundations as the financial system,designed to exploit and inevitably fail.This is where we are now. :open_mouth:

Nutritionists are the way to go?
I guess Not everyone will have followed the links to Hettie Goldacre. She qualified at the same establishment as Gillian McKieth.
She (Hettie) is now dead.
In fact when she qualified as a nutritionist, she was dead. When she was alive she was a black and white cat.

Last year it appears Johnson gave a speech at a Christmas party. During lockdown. (Well, some of us were locked down).
There was a law, subject to fines up to £10,000 for organisers of parties then.
He hasn’t denied there was a party. He has said all rules were followed. The same person previously said of Dom ■■■■■■■■
“In every respect, he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity,” .

Sajid Javid has said he was sure all rules were followed. Dunno what enquiries he has made to establish what went on then?
This Christmas Johnson has said we shouldn’t cut down on Christmas parties this year, although Dr Jenny Harries (an actual public health physician with a degree from a real university) Chief Executive of the UK Health Security Agency, says we should. Harries has been criticised by Tory MPs…presumably they think the Peppa Pig enthusiast knows more than she does?
He is adept at telling people what they want to hear of course, but as Ian Blackford pointed out in Parliament this week Johnson has “demonstrated himself to be a liar”. No intervention from The Speaker

JeffA:
Just to put it in perspective - 70,000 died in the blitz which we still remember - covid has snuffed out 145,000. So lets not get too blase about it.

Just imagine how antivaxxers would have coped in the blitz “you mean I have to get out of bed and sit in a cold bunker for hours while someone drops explosives on my house?”.

These days its " you mean i have to wear a mask for 2 minutes in a crowded place? How dare you"

COVID has not snuffed out 145000 people at all. 145000 people have died within 28 days of testing positive for covid, these death toll figures that are banded about are purely to promote fear. The true death toll is unknown and never will be, but it certainly isn’t worth all the disruption that the world has had over the past years. People die of diseases it’s just part of life. All the hysteria surrounding covid has been truly shocking, it should of been let rip from the start and it would just of been a bad flu season. Instead we are looking at restrictions again because of a new variant which was always going to happen and it still won’t be anything like they hype it up to be. The forced vaccination that is starting in other countries is unbelievable and people are defending it which shows the level they are brainwashed to. They have plastered over the news this week the 42 year old triathlon guy that was anti vax and surprise surprise he caught covid and died, no underlying health issues and fit and healthy. This is supposed to be a reason for the young to get vaccinated too but it’s nonsense. A doctor was on LBC saying we should get the jab as without it there’s a 1 in 1000 chance of ending up in hospital if you are unvaccinated and catch covid. To me they are very good odds so I’ll take them and stay unvaccinated. They don’t bother filling the news with the healthy people that have died from the vaccine though. Young, old, healthy, ill all types of people have died from covid but absolutely nowhere near the 145000 being reported in the media. None of the global overreaction to this supposed pandemic makes sense, the figures are there for all to see and have been manipulated to promote fear in the population. Having said that even if the death toll in the uk truly was 145k dead FROM covid and no other cause then from 10.3 million confirmed cases it still wouldn’t warrant any restrictions at all.

There are some recurring themes to some posts here.

One is the phrase “Living with it”.
Yes, Covid is gonna be around for a long while, we are going to have to live with it.
We all in transport live and move around heavy moving vehicles. We live the risk of injury from them, but because we arent loons we dont (often) get knocked down.
What would be a risky environment for a 3 year old is less so for us because we manage the risk. We look all around when we are walking in a yard, we dont run (!) around blind corners. We mostly are so used to it, we dont even know we are doing the sensible thing.
It *isnt* common knowledge, but most of us have been doing it so long, it seems like it is. That is why we cant understand cars squeezing past when we manoeuvre, it seems crazy to us, but we are living with theses risk permanently, some of them aren`t.
People working on gas tanker ships are living with greater risks. They manage those risks by following procedures even more strictly than us. They learn until after months it is just “normal”.

“Living with Covid” is not pretending it isnt there. It isnt reverting to how things were three years ago.
It is adapting in some fairly minor ways. After time those changes will become everyday, and no great issue. We will be “living with it”.
We dont complain that we need eyes in the back of our heads when we are in a busy transport yard do we? It is normal to keep vigilant. We look out for loons on bikes etc when we drive, sure itd be nice if they werent driving under our wheels, but that is the environment we work in. We have learnt to "live with them". We dont pretend problems arent there, we dont ignore them.

Another one: “some say masks are good, some say masks indifferent, or even bad”?
Can we lump the that into Good/Not Good? Just for ease of language.

There are many surveys and studies out there. Many of them are older ones, as the wearing of masks (in the west at least) by the public hasnt been on the radar, so until recently wasnt looked at.
There are now more studies, they are being discussed by those who understand the questions to ask, and in the best “Peer review” principles ripped apart if wrong.
What was learnt by experts, years ago, may not be recognised now. I know lots have problems with this.
Maybe think of it like this: we drive cars that do 50mpg. Years ago we drove cars that 20 or 30mpg.
What has changed?
Crude oil is the same. Iron ore is the same. Electricity is the same electrons shuffling along bits of copper.
So its easy enough to see that we have learnt more over time and developed more and more. Easy to understand when we look at things isnt it. A caveman had the same basic resources and brain as us (doubtless some cavemen had better brains than some drivers) but we do understand much more as time goes on.
We have learnt to refine fuels more precisely, make stronger & lighter metal alloys, design electronic management systems. Bit obvious really?
So when we look at what experts are saying about masks who should we be listening most to?
Those who took a degree 50 years ago, and more importantly stopped in job training, and retired 20 years ago?
As we look at studies and surveys used by experts we look at the knowledge applicable to Covid.

Saying a particular mask doesnt stop paint fumes is....irrelevant... To protect against Covid we need to stop the moisture the Covid virus travels in. The virus doesnt transmit by itself, only via water droplets.
It doesnt matter if the holes in a mask are ten times bigger than the virus itself. If the mask stops the much bigger (though still tiny) drops of our spit that is worthwhile. Saying a mask doesnt stop the virus itself or doesn`t stop paint vapour is pointless.

So because of the debate earlier on there have been lots of studies made of masks transmissions etc.
Now there are so many that they can be meaningfully combined in big meta-studies.
Those that are already peer reviewed and stand up to criticism are bundled together in much more robust studies.

Do we read reviews from 20 years ago when we are buying a commuter car tomorrow?
So why listen to those who left research or medicine years ago? The old codger in the local pub may be OK for a laugh and maybe he was a mechanic before retiring years ago, but how much does he know if he hasnt picked up a spanner for 20 years? His stories about carburrettor Jags may be good, but his advice on buying modern shopping trollies wont be as good as the 30 year old still with her hands under the bonnet every day, reading all the latest stuff to keep on top of everything.

Well, the latest studies combining results from all over are all out there to be seen: they may not be as cuddly as a bloke in a cardigan telling you “Dont worry I know what is really going on. Trust me and youll be ok.” Nice as woulkd be to relax and be happy trusting him, the world isn`t made that way.

google.com/search?q=meta+st … nt=gws-wiz

Check for yourselves.

Extracts for those who don`t want to scroll through too much, top of the list the British Medical Journal
bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068302

Conclusions This systematic review and meta-analysis suggests that several personal protective and social measures, including handwashing, mask wearing, and physical distancing are associated with reductions in the incidence covid-19. Public health efforts to implement public health measures should consider community health and sociocultural needs, and future research is needed to better understand the effectiveness of public health measures in the context of covid-19 vaccination.”

There are pages of explanations and open analysis of data. for those who understand and have time and resource to check it, it`s all open.

It doesn`t say all will be OK if we do X,Y and Z. It does say that mask wearing is a going to reduce C-19 cases.
In the very messy real world we live in that is as good as it (honestly) gets. Anyone saying they really know the answers is a fool or a liar.

There is no simple fix. It is a complicated world where “■■■■ happens”.
Let`s all grow up and learn to live with that thought.

Franglais stop talking so much sense. :smiley:

What about this senseless act. :unamused:

news.sky.com/story/covid-19-gre … n-12483929

jakethesnake:
Franglais stop talking so much sense. :smiley:

What about this senseless act. :unamused:

news.sky.com/story/covid-19-gre … n-12483929

3 months.
Should be spread out. Dec 10th to Jan 10th for the next three years. COVID or not, give him 3 lockdowns to look forward to.
But you`re right, absolutely senseless…

And thanks for the kind words, of course not many will actually read them. First couple of words then, “Oh, I bet I know whats coming next”, but there we go. :smiley:

robroy:
This just goes from the ridiculous to the sublime. :laughing:

We’ve got comparisons and analogies with the blitz. :laughing:

We’ve got inane stuff like …‘‘You don’t see Surgeons wearing snoods whilst operating’’ :laughing:

We have analogies and comparisons to Covid with holding a loaded gun to some bodies head… :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Ffs some of you lot are beyond help and well away with it. :laughing: :laughing:

Open your minds, open your eyes and look around to how things ACTUALLY are :bulb: instead of listening to official bodies telling you how things are as they want you to believe them to be (for whatever unknown reason.)

Nobody is denying Covid exists, certainly not me, but the gross exaggeration (again for whatever unknown reason) is blindingly obvious to the less gullible amongst us.

And we’ve got you - who seems to offer nothing much but laughing at your own jokes.

Mazzer2:

JeffA:

Mazzer2:
As for masks do they work? Don’t they work? You can find research to back up your point of view whichever side of the arguement you’re on if you’ve nothing better to do with your time.
Northern Ireland currently has a higher infection rate than England yet has consistantly had stricter rules on masks. What can the great TN scientists conclude from this?

Hve you ever seen a doctor operate on someone without a mask? Masks obviously work. The next time someone you love has an operation you are going to run in and pull off their masks are you? Is that what david icke told you to do?

Have you tried finding out why the rate is higher in NI? Or did that just seem to support your point so you instantly latched onto it mistakenly?

Nice take what someone says and twist it I haven’t said whether I’m pro or anti mask just put it out there to see the reaction and you provided it not sure what David Icke has to do with it but hey nothing like jumping to the wrong conclusion.
You continually go on about doctors and operations but the public are not doctors and the vast majority have no understanding of sterile procedures as was plain to see when this first started and the amount of people wearing sterilised gloves. How many masks does a doctor go through in an operation? How long does the average member of the public keep their mask for? You are comparing a highly skilled person who has had sterile procedures as part of their training from day one. How much sterile procedure training have you had? As I said do they work don’t they work? Yes in the hands of people trained in sterile procedures in the hands of the public probably less so.
I wear a mask as and when i.e in an enclosed space with no one about no mask same space with people about wear a mask it’s not exactly rocket science unlike some on here would have you believe.
Just because someone offers a different opinion don’t automatically assume that they are at the nutcase end of the spectrum or that your opinion is the only one.

Sterile procedure training? Not sure what thats got to do with what we are talking about. The point is you wear a mask over your face to stop the spread of germs from your breath/spit. What’s so hard to understand about this? If masks didn’t work the doctors wouldn’t have been wearing them for 80 years would they.

JeffA:

Mazzer2:

JeffA:

Mazzer2:
As for masks do they work? Don’t they work? You can find research to back up your point of view whichever side of the arguement you’re on if you’ve nothing better to do with your time.
Northern Ireland currently has a higher infection rate than England yet has consistantly had stricter rules on masks. What can the great TN scientists conclude from this?

Hve you ever seen a doctor operate on someone without a mask? Masks obviously work. The next time someone you love has an operation you are going to run in and pull off their masks are you? Is that what david icke told you to do?

Have you tried finding out why the rate is higher in NI? Or did that just seem to support your point so you instantly latched onto it mistakenly?

Nice take what someone says and twist it I haven’t said whether I’m pro or anti mask just put it out there to see the reaction and you provided it not sure what David Icke has to do with it but hey nothing like jumping to the wrong conclusion.
You continually go on about doctors and operations but the public are not doctors and the vast majority have no understanding of sterile procedures as was plain to see when this first started and the amount of people wearing sterilised gloves. How many masks does a doctor go through in an operation? How long does the average member of the public keep their mask for? You are comparing a highly skilled person who has had sterile procedures as part of their training from day one. How much sterile procedure training have you had? As I said do they work don’t they work? Yes in the hands of people trained in sterile procedures in the hands of the public probably less so.
I wear a mask as and when i.e in an enclosed space with no one about no mask same space with people about wear a mask it’s not exactly rocket science unlike some on here would have you believe.
Just because someone offers a different opinion don’t automatically assume that they are at the nutcase end of the spectrum or that your opinion is the only one.

Sterile procedure training? Not sure what thats got to do with what we are talking about. The point is you wear a mask over your face to stop the spread of germs from your breath/spit. What’s so hard to understand about this? If masks didn’t work the doctors wouldn’t have been wearing them for 80 years would they.

Sterile procedure has everything to do with it. The surgeon doesn’t just rummage around in his pocket and stick a mask on that he’s been wearing on and off for days, no hand washing ect. He scrubs up before entering theatre, hands washed and all the equipment is sterile. It’s not just the mask that makes stops germs spreading, it’s a combination of measures. So unless the public take such measures before getting on a bus ect then masks are a token measure and just an indication to your gullible obedience

Night-and-day:

JeffA:

Mazzer2:

JeffA:

Mazzer2:

Sterile procedure has everything to do with it. The surgeon doesn’t just rummage around in his pocket and stick a mask on that he’s been wearing on and off for days, no hand washing ect. He scrubs up before entering theatre, hands washed and all the equipment is sterile. It’s not just the mask that makes stops germs spreading, it’s a combination of measures. So unless the public take such measures before getting on a bus ect then masks are a token measure and just an indication to your gullible obedience

Indeed he doesn’t.

The idea you’re struggling with is mitigation - a reduction of risk.

Even a mask out of your pocket reduces the risk to done degree of you spreading the virus.

It isn’t perfect…but it isn’t intended to be. Its a mild inconvenience to reduce transmission rates

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Last year it appears Johnson gave a speech at a Christmas party. During lockdown. (Well, some of us were locked down).
There was a law, subject to fines up to £10,000 for organisers of parties then.
He hasn’t denied there was a party. He has said all rules were followed. The same person previously said of Dom ■■■■■■■■
“In every respect, he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity,” .

Sajid Javid has said he was sure all rules were followed. Dunno what enquiries he has made to establish what went on then?
This Christmas Johnson has said we shouldn’t cut down on Christmas parties this year, although Dr Jenny Harries (an actual public health physician with a degree from a real university) Chief Executive of the UK Health Security Agency, says we should. Harries has been criticised by Tory MPs…presumably they think the Peppa Pig enthusiast knows more than she does?
He is adept at telling people what they want to hear of course, but as Ian Blackford pointed out in Parliament this week Johnson has “demonstrated himself to be a liar”. No intervention from The Speaker

I get the ‘‘One rule for them.’’ etc,.I get the hypocrisy, I get the setting examples thing, but ffs who cares? :unamused:
The only reason you would care is if you either hated Johnson (we all know you do) or if you missed out on a party yourself last year by blindly conforming to every ■■■■ thing you were told to do.
Maybe you should have been like many of us and bent the rules last year, there was no way I was going to miss out enjoying Christnas last year after working for it… just because…‘‘I’ve been told not to’’, :unamused: .
You should try bending the rules a little yourself on some things Franglais…shock horror. :open_mouth: if it bothers you so much.

Unlike you and your weird fascination with this stuff., I am just so effin sick of it!
…it’s like everything else in this life, you look after yourself, by the sane token I don’t expect anybody outside of my friends or family to look out for or ‘look after’ me, and I expect others to do the same for themselves…it ain’t MY job.
So if you want to look after yourself to the extent that you keep on rambling on about…just lock yourself away until all this sh is over. :bulb: