Compulsory masks

Franglais your analogies are getting more and more tenuous to say the least. I’m waiting for the “if a piano has one leg missing is it any less of a musical instrument?” :smiley: :smiley:

Monkey241:

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:
Do I? :neutral_face:
Not sure tbh.
One is working with a load of mostly uneducated backstabbers that you can not trust or rely on and are usually a bit dodgy,…and who are not much good at doing anything else.
The other is truck driving. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Funny you should say that Rob; I’m sure you’ll regale us with your in depth experience of working with coppers [emoji6]

What were we saying about 'perceived truths ’ and innate personal biases?

You perfectly summarised trucking though

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Got to admit although I’ve been involved in trucking most of my life, some of my fellow drivers do make me take a step back in amazement, but for all the wrong reasons.

Coppers?..Never actually ‘worked’ with them, (but you know thst :smiley: ) I’ve had a few dealings in the past, although nothing major.

Tbf the coppers in the town I used to live in during my time as an operator in the 80s, were spot on, cracking lads.
Many a time they would give me and my Mrs.and/or mates a lift up to my place from a pub or club 3 mile away in the back of the van, (the look on the babysitters face was a picture [emoji38] ) after a night out , …they would come in and have a coffee on arrival, in fact one of them came to lift me for some paltry offence one day, his words were ‘‘Sorry Rob, I’ve came to arrest you, get the kettle on and we’ll try and sort something’’
The first mile and a half to the town was on a WW2 airfield, I used to take the car to the camp gates,.and walk into town, later walk back and pick the car up to drive up the airfield after a few pints,the local coppers knew this…II would not dare do that today coppers being as they are.
I kid you not all of those examples are genuine, but those guys are long retired, coppers nowadays are a different breed, little or no discretion, easy options,.selective policing etc…etc yawn yawn…but we’ve been here before eh?
Sorry to hi jack the thread to talk copper, but you did ask.

No.

I really didn’t ask.

Oooh. :neutral_face:
And I thought we were actually building a rapport.
I’m gutted. :cry:

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:

Monkey241:

robroy:
Do I? :neutral_face:
Not sure tbh.
One is working with a load of mostly uneducated backstabbers that you can not trust or rely on and are usually a bit dodgy,…and who are not much good at doing anything else.
The other is truck driving. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Funny you should say that Rob; I’m sure you’ll regale us with your in depth experience of working with coppers [emoji6]

What were we saying about 'perceived truths ’ and innate personal biases?

You perfectly summarised trucking though

Got to admit although I’ve been involved in trucking most of my life, some of my fellow drivers do make me take a step back in amazement, but for all the wrong reasons.

Coppers?..Never actually ‘worked’ with them, (but you know thst :smiley: ) I’ve had a few dealings in the past, although nothing major.

Tbf the coppers in the town I used to live in during my time as an operator in the 80s, were spot on, cracking lads.
Many a time they would give me and my Mrs.and/or mates a lift up to my place from a pub or club 3 mile away in the back of the van, (the look on the babysitters face was a picture [emoji38] ) after a night out , …they would come in and have a coffee on arrival, in fact one of them came to lift me for some paltry offence one day, his words were ‘‘Sorry Rob, I’ve came to arrest you, get the kettle on and we’ll try and sort something’’
The first mile and a half to the town was on a WW2 airfield, I used to take the car to the camp gates,.and walk into town, later walk back and pick the car up to drive up the airfield after a few pints,the local coppers knew this…II would not dare do that today coppers being as they are.
I kid you not all of those examples are genuine, but those guys are long retired, coppers nowadays are a different breed, little or no discretion, easy options,.selective policing etc…etc yawn yawn…but we’ve been here before eh?
Sorry to hi jack the thread to talk copper, but you did ask.

No.

I really didn’t ask.

Oooh. :neutral_face:
And I thought we were actually building a rapport.
I’m gutted. :cry:

What?
No more fascinating lived experiences?

^^^^^
I’m flattered to hear you think my stories are ‘fascinating’. :sunglasses:
I’ll let you know when I think of another one. :wink:

Latest covid news flash for Franglais.

robroy:
Latest covid news flash for Franglais.

■■■■!
I’ve been outed!
I never saw you there.

Not true by the way.
I’m not that good looking.

the maoster:
Franglais your analogies are getting more and more tenuous to say the least. I’m waiting for the “if a piano has one leg missing is it any less of a musical instrument?” :smiley: :smiley:

I expect they are.
But I hope not quite as boring as “Face nappy” though?
I mean haven’t the great minds of FaceTube and YouBook issued their followers with any other expressions to use lately. They create great stories from zero data resources and lots of hot air, can’t they all club together for summat new for the “independent thinkers” to all use?

Franglais:
Not true by the way.
I’m not that good looking.

That’s more like the Franglais I know and love (ok ‘love’ may be stretching it a bit)
Not to keen on the ‘easily offended Franglais’ we’ve seen a lot of on this thread.

Oh yeh as you requested…that last post WAS a ■■■■■■■■ btw. :wink: :smiley:

Franglais:
["?

So far about 10m have been affected by covid in the UK
145, 000 died.

Not one single person has died of Covid that would not have died anyway.
We are all mortal and will die eventually. You have to look at those dying of covid. They are generally in their eighties and would have died within a year. Compare that to all the cancer diagnosis etc. of people of all ages that have not happened.

JeffA:
Just to put it in perspective - 70,000 died in the blitz which we still remember - covid has snuffed out 145,000. So lets not get too blase about it.

Just imagine how antivaxxers would have coped in the blitz “you mean I have to get out of bed and sit in a cold bunker for hours while someone drops explosives on my house?”.

These days its " you mean i have to wear a mask for 2 minutes in a crowded place? How dare you"

FFS 600,000 died last year why don’t you care about all of them?

stu675:

Franglais:
["?

145, 000 died.

We are all mortal and will die eventually. You have to look at those dying of covid. They are generally in their eighties and would have died within a year. Compare that to all the cancer diagnosis etc. of people of all ages that have not happened.

Unfortunately what you say is not true. Try doing some research if you don’t know anyone who has died that is under 80.
There have been plenty a lot younger than 80 and without underlying conditions.

Covid seems to be particulary nasty to some and it’s nothing to do with age.

jakethesnake:

stu675:

Franglais:
["?

145, 000 died.

Unfortunately what you say is not true. Try doing some research if you don’t know anyone who has died that is under 80.
There have been plenty a lot younger than 80 and without underlying conditions.

Covid seems to be particulary nasty to some and it’s nothing to do with age.

10 children have died from Covid without underlying health conditions. Compared with a thousand children dying of all causes in the UK. Why are they all forgotten for the sake of 10, FFS I’m sure hundreds could have easily been prevented.

stu675:

Franglais:
["?

145, 000 died.

Everyone dies anyway is true. If it doesn’t matter when and how, why are there laws to prevent me putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger?
“You’re gonna die anyway”!
Let’s look at those dying of covid if you like.
Thise in their 80s. Looking at the ONS calculator an 85 year old man can expect a 50/50 chance of living to 91. 6 more years. Not “dead within the year”.
Looking at cancer going undiagnosed:
Yes a definate issue there.
Apparently systems are improving, but from this Lancet piece, April 2021.
thelancet.com/journals/lano … 70-2045(2100148-0/fulltext
There were about 40,000 less cancer treatments started than expected in the UK in a year.
How many premature deaths does that lead to?
(You obviously don’t care: “every single one will die anyway”)
But for the rest of us it is a concern.

Those with cancer clearly have “under lying health issues”, exactly that group of people who you dismiss as they are all going to die soon anyway, so any false concern from you is truly beyond belief.

The people you are talking about will be the first victims of any relaxing of the basic measures against COVID.

Cancer patients are already ill and at risk. Those on many treatments are highly susceptible to colds and flu, let alone covid! Try joining up the dots.

All were bring asked to do at the moment is wear a mask indoors! Not go into lockdown. Doing that little thing now, will prevent harm but shouldn’t affect health access as the lockdown did.
Responsible proportionate actions now hopefully will stop any need for tougher measures, with worse side effects later.

Mazzer2:
As for masks do they work? Don’t they work? You can find research to back up your point of view whichever side of the arguement you’re on if you’ve nothing better to do with your time.
Northern Ireland currently has a higher infection rate than England yet has consistantly had stricter rules on masks. What can the great TN scientists conclude from this?

Hve you ever seen a doctor operate on someone without a mask? Masks obviously work. The next time someone you love has an operation you are going to run in and pull off their masks are you? Is that what david icke told you to do?

Have you tried finding out why the rate is higher in NI? Or did that just seem to support your point so you instantly latched onto it mistakenly?

stu675:

JeffA:
Just to put it in perspective - 70,000 died in the blitz which we still remember - covid has snuffed out 145,000. So lets not get too blase about it.

Just imagine how antivaxxers would have coped in the blitz “you mean I have to get out of bed and sit in a cold bunker for hours while someone drops explosives on my house?”.

These days its " you mean i have to wear a mask for 2 minutes in a crowded place? How dare you"

FFS 600,000 died last year why don’t you care about all of them?

Lots of people died during the blitz of other causes too - does that mean the blitz was no big deal?

The incredible Beaver still hasn’t had any jabs. And unlike many who have sadly died after having two jabs, the illustrious furry one still reigns as TNUK’s greatest driver.

So what does that tell you?

JeffA:

Mazzer2:
As for masks do they work? Don’t they work? You can find research to back up your point of view whichever side of the arguement you’re on if you’ve nothing better to do with your time.
Northern Ireland currently has a higher infection rate than England yet has consistantly had stricter rules on masks. What can the great TN scientists conclude from this?

Hve you ever seen a doctor operate on someone without a mask? Masks obviously work. The next time someone you love has an operation you are going to run in and pull off their masks are you? Is that what david icke told you to do?

Have you tried finding out why the rate is higher in NI? Or did that just seem to support your point so you instantly latched onto it mistakenly?

i haven’t seen a doctor or surgeon wearing an old rag/handkerchief/bandana around their gob,like a lot of folk are wearing!

carryfast-yeti:

JeffA:

Mazzer2:

i haven’t seen a doctor or surgeon wearing an old rag/handkerchief/bandana around their gob,like a lot of folk are wearing!

True they 're idiots.

From the…

Little that I’ve read, the supermarkets are saying that they’re not going to be rigidly enforcing the mask rule. The general consensus appears to be that it’s not their job to enforce the law, that’s up to the police.

It does seem to be a knee-jerk ruling when, several preliminary studies have shown the the new strain is less virulent than the ones already out in the wild.

I should wear one in the shop when there is only myself and a cashier but, not in a pub when I’m sat with half a dozen or more complete strangers. Yeh, ok.