Companies around Mansfield, Huthwaite area

Got a couple of days leave off work this week so going to go knocking on some doors for jobs, just wondered if anybody knows of some decent companies to work for around mansfield huthwaite area?

wouldn’t bother if I was you, taylors,beardsleys are the 2 main ones I can think of.

alfreton may be a better option.

thanks, anywhere alfreton way would suit also, I’m only 2 minutes from the a38, I’m working around Newark area atm so would consider round that way also just trying closer to home 1st! :slight_smile:

im number 1 around there lol :laughing: not in size but to work for :laughing:

burnley-si:

Ah good the top man got any jobs!? :laughing:

Whatever you do, don’t come to Taylor’s :open_mouth:. You tried Mitchell’s?

Yeah dropped a cv off with mitchells. Was advised by someone to try taylors for some weekend work to get a foot in all in the name of experience but most people dont have a good word to say about them! They really that bad? Did some cpc other month and half the class were slagging them off!! :open_mouth:

Im working for them at the moment, the trucks are terrible n the organization from the office side isnt great either, it has the potential to be a decent place but there’s too much penny pinching all the time, all drivers are spot on though, but if you’re desperate there’s plenty of work, we’ve got a load of ridged drivers leaving.

whiteheart3:

burnley-si:

are you any good :grimacing: nights out or not?

you have maurice hills, i know mitchells very well its hard graft, but richard is one of the best TM you will find

burnley-si:

whiteheart3:

burnley-si:

are you any good :grimacing: nights out or not?

Im not shabby working for mod at an raf base at the mo but its crap and they are downsizing all the kit and restricting us more to camp area and the hours arnt there to earn a decent wage! . Been doin alot of draw bar a frame work. Not scared of graft and a quick learner dont need telling twice and not afraid to ask! Can take or leave nights out do the odd couple every now and then atm:)

go to next they do drawbar work (its via agency though in the main but good money).

I’ve heard a rumour that eurocell are looking for drivers, something to do with dhl apparently but I don’t know if it’s true my mate told me yesterday.
Allegro always seem to be looking but their wages were very poor last time I enquired.
Nft over staffed currently so I’m told to they set a load on last year not bad to workfor though if you keep your eye on the website.
Have a drive down south normanton got norberts there udg etc…

OllieNotts:
I’ve heard a rumour that eurocell are looking for drivers, something to do with dhl apparently but I don’t know if it’s true my mate told me yesterday.
Allegro always seem to be looking but their wages were very poor last time I enquired.
Nft over staffed currently so I’m told to they set a load on last year not bad to workfor though if you keep your eye on the website.

thanks for the help really apreciate it, tried no end for UDG even signd up with the agency they use to try and get a foot in with weekend work but no joy so far.

Apparently once in you don’t go and can be very lucrative if you’re flexible with working hours at udg.
I’ll let you know if I hear of owt come up.

What about Bowrings,don’t no much about them but trucks look half decent and alway seem busy,seem as though they carry anything anywhere

OllieNotts:

dhl have taken over the transport side of eurocell

co op

burnley-si:
co op

lol :smiley: downtowns in sapa profiles :grimacing:

Hi got a mate that works at beardsleys at huthwaite says its not brilliant its paid by the hour plus overtime with some sats
nights out as well but alot of being messed about, last minute changes and just drop by here /there etc ie mr right hand does not know what mr left hand is doing
more than once hes had to straigten out what hes doing because hes been told to do two compleatly different things at the same time
by blokes in office sitting 6 feet from eachother and not communicating … but somtimes a job is a job