Commer Ts3 in West Wales

Hi,

I have a green Commer TS3 flatbed and would like to know the value of it.

It has been barn stored for 30 years and previously never spent a night outside. Cab is in good condition and complete. Tyres are all up. Brake pipes need replacing and the usual bits of welding on the mud guards and floor plates. The engine turns but I am not expert enough to attempt a re-start. The bed and headboard are aluminium and perfect. Chassis looks ok. It was tested prior to storing so I assume all joints and bearings are ok.

Can someone please give me a rough idea if its value. I may then consider selling it.

Thanks,
Gerr

Hi Gerr
Is it a maxiload…What year is it and what did it spend it’s working life carrying before retirement?..
Ta
Brad4

Hi Brad4,

Yes, it is a maxiload. It was first registered in 1965. It spent it’s last years delivering straw bales to dairy farms.

Gerr

Hi Gerr
Has it got a two speed rear axle…and might be worth posting a few photos?

Regards
Brad4

I will take a few photos on wednesday and post them on thursday. Will also check the rear axle.

Can’t see anything to suggest a 2 speed axle. Any idea of value would be graetly appreciated. :slight_smile:

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

Dont know what its worth mate, but looks to be in good nick…

Jerry

Hiya What a little gem…looking at the gearstick i’d possibly think theres no 2 speed axel as theres no switch pressent.
unless!!! theres one on the dash which i’d think is a no no.I’d put the truck on Ebay with a £99 starting bid it’ll find its
own value.i’f i’d not got my truck i’d be after that like a shot.
good luck John.

That’s very nice, but it’s not a Maxiload, it’s an 8 tonner, (or 12tons gvw). I think it’s probably a CBEW model. No switch on the gearstick, so single speed axle, it’ll be a 5 speed constant mesh box. Used to drive some just like it. Like I said, it’s very nice, looks from the pictures to be exceptionally straight and clean, should make good money. I’ve always wanted one, I’d bid you on it now, but 'er indoors wouldn’t approve!
Bernard

Thank you to people who replied including those that PM’d me. I think I will give it a wash on the weekend and put it on ebay next week. I will post here when I have put it on.

hiya gerr…when you’ve given her a wash off post a couple of photo.s please. she looks good dusty she look alot better after a wash.
cheers John

I cut my teeth on a Maxiload, thats not one, the front “wings” arnt wide enough

But when you put it on a well known auction site I will be bidding on it

please post on here where you advertise the commer as i would be very interested as had a new one in 1959 and best truck have ever had

Hi,

I have put my Commer for sale on ebay. Please see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150851428194
Call me on 07766011004 with any questions or post here.

Just to let you know since a lot of people have asked, the engine is not seized. I turned it 1/4 inch in either direction today and it moves freely. I was advised not to move it too much as coke may be lying in a cylinder but it is definitely free. Also, the ignition and door keys have been found under the seat!
Hope that helps.

Hi, this is the commer in its fully restored condition.

That looks a bit different, pal!
Reminds me a bit of a 1966 Maxiload that I drove for a while in the same part of the world that you found yours.

Good job done. Superb :smiley: Mike.

Hiya…top marks the Commer looks well.someone somewhere i’ll be moaning youv’e changed the colour from green
but that dosen’t bother me she look very smart. thanks for showing us the photo’s. did she start up easly■■?
John