Commer Ts3 in West Wales

A smashing job of work, and in QTR livery as well! That takes me back to when Peter White ran an Austin FJ (on a D plate I think?) before he changed it for a Long Wheelbase TK Bedford, we used to service and repair them. :slight_smile:

Pete.

Hi 3300 john,
Yes the commer started up almost first time after some fresh fuel, it’s still running perfectly :slight_smile:

We also have a 1958 thames trader

BTH 864 C Beauty , and from Carmarthenshire new !

Would be nice to know who owned this ?

:smiley:

E W

Hi E.W
The lorry is now owned by QTR transport

scania002:
Hi E.W
The lorry is now owned by QTR transport

Is Peter White still around, I remember him doing the fruit and veg on the market back in the 1960’s?

Pete.

Hi,
Yes Peter white is my grandfather, he retired from the fruit and veg market in the late 90’s

scania002:
Hi,
Yes Peter white is my grandfather, he retired from the fruit and veg market in the late 90’s

Oh, that’s good to know he is still around. As I said earlier we used to service his truck at Hewens Garage on Castle Street, now sadly gone like all of my past employers! :cry:

Pete.

He has always liked his trucks and always says how he took pride in them especially his bedford tk.

scania002:
He has always liked his trucks and always says how he took pride in them especially his bedford tk.

Yes the LWB TK had all the extras including coach wheel discs, certainly a cut above the other fruiterers in town who mostly had pretty rough machinery. :wink: His ethic has obviously been carried on as all your current fleet look well cared for, a credit to you.

Pete.

He sure has a eye for detail :slight_smile: unfortunately I’m not quite old enough to experience the TK, but judging by the pictures it was a very nice truck:)
Max