Comments on this guys driving?

Your opinions?

tinyurl.com/zrreq

that must be one long trailer

terrible,
he wants locking up. driving whilst holding a video camera is just plain dangerous. :wink:

dave:
terrible,
he wants locking up. driving whilst holding a video camera is just plain dangerous. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: The guy said he handed the video into the police too. Suprised he did’t get locked up!

Looks a bit odd, trailer doesnt seem to follow normally, like it’s got a steer axle that’s doing its own thing.

Most of the time he’s on the wrong side of the road, but you can’t blame him for being confused i mean what kind of idiot paints double yellows down the middle of the road. Who the hell is gona park in the middle of the road anyway :laughing:

Seems like the biker doesn’t realise how much road space the truck needs,
and surely there ought to be a police ■■■■■■ some way in front of the truck!

towards the end when he goes round a right hander it looks as if the trailer wheels are steering. but it just looks like that i think.
american trucks are designed for long straight roads not them bendy jobs.

sidan:
Looks a bit odd, trailer doesnt seem to follow normally, like it’s got a steer axle that’s doing its own thing

i looked at noticed that aswell definatly strange i dont think the police should of been involved just getting infront of and waving the camera would of made him think about his driving

edited to fix the broken quote - repton

Basically the driver seemed to be doing his best to get a long trailer round some difficult turns. I don’t think his driving was bad, although there maybe issues about a trailer that long being driven on this road.

It seems to be a case of somebody who doesn’t understand the space trucks need trying to make a case. As for a danger to bikers coming the other way well you shouldn’t commit yourself to a corner you can’t see the exit.

Maybe US drivers aren’t used to roads with bends, which explains Harley Davidsons and the reason why so many US service personel have trouble staying on the roads near Mildenhall.

It looked to me more a case of unsuitable vehicle for the type of road than bad driving.

(although you could argue the bad driving was going down that road in the first place)

IMHO

Tin hat on :wink:

It kinda seemed that way to me too. Sure, he’s a little sloppy in places, but he always seems to make sure the road ahead is clear first.

Found it on lj:

community.livejournal.com/bad_driving/83540.html

I think he/she did very well!

What an absolute ■■■■■■!!!

Have a look at his other videos …there’s one of him in his buddies car (run thro Deals gap in a Mazda V8 RX7) and off him on his motorbike.
His buddy is crossing the yellow lines in a car…wonder if he sent THAT video to the Police

it just looks like a big truck on narrow bendy roads trailers in the states can be upto 53 foot long and also thats a spread axle tandem so the cut in on that trailer will be somthing wicked.id like to know if the police asked him why he was driving one handed while vidoeing the truck what a numpty

Nothing wrong with the trucker,biker needs sorting out though :laughing: :laughing:

the bike probably had a camera mount on his tank…

have any of you ever driven on the A170 Scarbourgh to Thirsk road.The bit about 5 mile before the A1 from Scarbourgh direction really steep hill with tight hairpin at the bottom…it must be a real nightmare for a truck. I was behind an artic coming down it and it didn’t look easy. I gave him a good trucks length btw on my bike…I had CWC’s trying to get by though :unamused: :unamused:

I actually thought the Truck driver did a good job considering how narrow that road was. But I also agree that it looked like he/she had a problem with a steering axle.

lancs123:
the bike probably had a camera mount on his tank…
:

Was the tank in front of the forks then you think?.

Unusual layout for a bike.

i thought the truckers driving was fine.he couldnt help going over the centre line and since the road was clear, why shouldnt he take a bit more to make life easier? i could understand a little bit of criticism had the wheels gone off the edge of the road but they didnt. looked perfectly acceptable to me

dennisw1:
Most of the time he’s on the wrong side of the road, but you can’t blame him for being confused i mean what kind of idiot paints double yellows down the middle of the road. Who the hell is gona park in the middle of the road anyway :laughing:

In Finland double yellows means no overtaking from neither direction. Maybe we are idiots then :unamused: :laughing:

About the truck driver I think he did well. He slowed to bends until he saw it was clear and trailer stayed on the road so I don’t see any problem. I don’t think trailer had any steer axle but cutting was caused only because long trailer and long wheelbase tractor. It’s difficult to judge from film but I think if I were to drive same road with typical Finnish 25 meter long rigid and a-frame drawbar trailer combination I’d need quite same amount of space that this driver used.