Come on Irene

Irene is comming and we are all getting ready for her :slight_smile: Hurricane Irene I mean. I was down in Peach Glen PA on thursday and expected to go straight to Brodgetown MJ for a sunday night Ben & Jerry load to take straigh home, but no ! … dispatch had better ideas for me, back to NYC, load some geezers trailer, then friday load and deliver Friendly’s ice cream in Wilbraham MA. “What about the Ben & Jerry load for sunday night ?” I asked.
“I’ll get a Delaware driver to collect it and deliver it sunday”
“You do know there is a hurricane comming ?”
“Yes, why ?”
“do you really think any driver can collect that load and drive 480 miles through a hurricane ?” I asked.
“Should be ok”
I don’t think that load will make it on time, I am usually sitting here all weekend with a loaded Ben & Jerry tariler across the road and 2 hours away from delivery. This is up to them and they can face the music, all I have to do now is bob tail to Albany, get some work down on my truck then head to Worcester MA for a load.

Yanks have been getting their ■■■■■■■ in a wad over it for days, and as usual by the time it gets to NYC it’ll be nothing more than a stiff breeze and a bit of a downpour. Winds were only just managing to peak 85mph when it hit NC coast and other than a handful of car forecourt roofs blown off and a couple of dumbasses having trees fall on their heads the hurricane hasn’t done ■■■■ - not even any coastal flooding. :unamused:

Evacuating the entire tidal area of NYC and cancelling the entire air, land, sea and metro transport system for 2 full days is just taking the â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  â– â– â– â– . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Stupid American’s as per usual.

Rob K:
Yanks have been getting their ■■■■■■■ in a wad over it for days, and as usual by the time it gets to NYC it’ll be nothing more than a stiff breeze and a bit of a downpour. Winds were only just managing to peak 85mph when it hit NC coast and other than a handful of car forecourt roofs blown off and a couple of dumbasses having trees fall on their heads the hurricane hasn’t done [zb] - not even any coastal flooding. :unamused:

Evacuating the entire tidal area of NYC and cancelling the entire air, land, sea and metro transport system for 2 full days is just taking the [zb] â– â– â– â– . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nice trucks,tho.

harry:

Rob K:
Yanks have been getting their ■■■■■■■ in a wad over it for days, and as usual by the time it gets to NYC it’ll be nothing more than a stiff breeze and a bit of a downpour. Winds were only just managing to peak 85mph when it hit NC coast and other than a handful of car forecourt roofs blown off and a couple of dumbasses having trees fall on their heads the hurricane hasn’t done [zb] - not even any coastal flooding. :unamused:

Evacuating the entire tidal area of NYC and cancelling the entire air, land, sea and metro transport system for 2 full days is just taking the [zb] â– â– â– â– . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nice trucks,tho.

actually no ! F**kin cheap, crap, out dated trucks that are about advanced as a 1985 F86.

As for the hurricane is gettin pretty bad, it hit NYC as a full force catagory 1 hurricane, the streets of NYC are flooding, it’s just the tall buildings slowwing the winds down. I live 250 mile north and its heading right for us, our trees are already swaying quite badly and the pool (which I drained a foot of water out of yesterday) is about to overflow.
It’s no joke :frowning:

I have been watching the news all day :stuck_out_tongue:

Pat Hasler:

harry:

Rob K:

Nice trucks,tho.

actually no ! F**kin cheap, crap, out dated trucks that are about advanced as a 1985 F86.

…but nice lookin’.

“Stupid Americans” is not only insulting to ordinary people here it insults your inteligence too.
This storm is the size of Europe and if it hit that tiny little island you live on you would all be panicking and crying. British people have no idea what a hurricane is like, what a real snow storm is like or what a Tornado is like, you cry and shut down all your raods when you get a f**kin snow storm FFS.
When you get really bad weather and live through it then you can complain so unless you know what life is really like sut up.

Pat Hasler:
“Stupid Americans” is not only insulting to ordinary people here it insults your inteligence too.
This storm is the size of Europe and if it hit that tiny little island you live on you would all be panicking and crying. British people have no idea what a hurricane is like, what a real snow storm is like or what a Tornado is like, you cry and shut down all your raods when you get a f**kin snow storm FFS.
When you get really bad weather and live through it then you can complain so unless you know what life is really like sut up.

+1

Here are some facts for you…

So far 9 dead, millions with no power, 1 dam has burst, 3 expected to burst.
8 inches of rain in my village alone since dawn. The next village has ariver 11 feet above flood level.
When this sort of thing happens even crimnal join in and help not loot as they would in the UK, the crime rate in NYC dropped by 800% last night, in the UK your thugs would be stealing everything they can carry.
I spent the first 45 years of my life in England and have never seen anything as bad as this.
When all this rain hits you in afew days you will all be crying coz you are all whims and have no idea what real life is like.
If you don’t like Yanks stay off the expats forum ■■■■■■■■■

It’s a big storm, no matter what they call it, I have been amazed at the power of Mother Nature since arriving on this side of the Atlantic, rain, wind, snow, fog, sun, you name it, it’s got to be experienced to be believed :open_mouth:

Hope you’re ok up there Pat, it’ll soon be time for the snow again, so keep your chin up :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Here are some facts for you…

So far 9 dead, millions with no power, 1 dam has burst, 3 expected to burst.
8 inches of rain in my village alone since dawn. The next village has ariver 11 feet above flood level.
When this sort of thing happens even crimnal join in and help not loot as they would in the UK, the crime rate in NYC dropped by 800% last night, in the UK your thugs would be stealing everything they can carry.
I spent the first 45 years of my life in England and have never seen anything as bad as this.
When all this rain hits you in afew days you will all be crying coz you are all whims and have no idea what real life is like.
If you don’t like Yanks stay off the expats forum [zb].

I am pro-American & hate with a passion Ruskis. We can all thank our lucky stars that the Americans have always been on our side.
PS. I have been close up & personal with Americans & Ruskis so its not just something I read about.
Still like USA trucks.

LOL. Just as I said it would be - a stiff breeze and some rain across NYC and that’s exactly what it was. If only the stupid American’s could tear themselves away from all the hysteria whipping-up on CNN and use their brains…

You’ll NEVER get a CAT1 or greater hit NYC because the sea temp at that latitude is too cold for them to sustain. :unamused:

Sit tight Pat, hopefully Irene will pass by with out causing any more grief.
We are not even half way through the season yet, and each year here in Florida we fear the worse.

I was pleased to see the president actually acknowledged the damage this time, unlike the last one who didn’t think it was worth mentioning the damage in New Orleans for three weeks :unamused:

It’s still going on here, 15 dead now and a whols county is closed down with everyone in a large valley being evacuated due to the dam burst, some rivers are at 25ft above flood stage now and don’t expect to crest till tomorrow afternoon.
4.5 million are without power and will be for up to a week. In Troy NY a land slide caused by the excesive rain has destroyed a whole street.

Rob K:

So says gobsh yte Mr Know It All.
T.I.T !
Message ends.

Pat Hasler:

James Bateman2:
So says gobsh yte Mr Know It All.
T.I.T !
Message ends.

Another member of the 2 - 30 club

Gary Atlas had jogged along Coney Island seafront on each of the past 1,435 mornings — and he was not about to forfeit the 1,436th because his mayor and president had ordered him to stay inside.

“There’s no way I’m going to miss a day, hurricane or no hurricane,” said Mr Atlas, 59, as the eye of Irene entered New York City directly above him.

Then he jumped into the Atlantic Ocean for a swim.

As his fellow New Yorkers awoke to streets covered with leaves and puddles rather than the skyscraper windows they were warned to expect, his decision seemed increasingly reasonable.

New Yorkers who had stockpiled food and water in anticipation of days stuck inside were out walking their dogs and buying newspapers by 9am. By 10, sunshine begun breaking through the clouds.

Selective quotes maybe, but the thread drifted towards New York City, unlike Irene.