Comart Europa Int. Tspt - Dedicated to Wheeler

Great pics, respect matey

Great pics, what year was the Big J. Keep um coming.

dieseldog6:

Dad started with Comarts in 71, which is when he had the Big J, first time I went with him, I slept across the dash board on a peice of foam, Dad ona fold down board across the seats, previously, he’d been on Berrisfords doing europe in a Mickey Mouse Foden, I have a photo somewhere, I’ll post it when I can - and drivers moan about there trucks today !!!

Willie Roadstar:

dieseldog6:

Dad started with Comarts in 71, which is when he had the Big J, first time I went with him, I slept across the dash board on a peice of foam, Dad ona fold down board across the seats, previously, he’d been on Berrisfords doing europe in a Mickey Mouse Foden, I have a photo somewhere, I’ll post it when I can - and drivers moan about there trucks today !!!

Fom the early days - Berrisfords Foden and ERF burn out on Mont Blanc in 72 (I think) Dad went out with Big J and low loader to fetch it back

Regards
Ant

Excellent set of pic`s, many thanks for posting them for all to see

Cheers

cracking pics. thank you

Brilliant pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.

Great stuff, keep it up.

top pics and a credit to your dad for taking them.keep them coming :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great pics mate that old bigj across the water quality :smiley:

brilliant pic’s post some more.

Great pictures, taking those old British trucks- Foden ERF etc. over the water must have been a real adventure. I still bet they’d rather have had a Globetrotter though :wink:

great pics i remember comarts when i used to go abroad with my dad

Great pics mate :smiley:

fantastic photos. in two of the photos theres a cawthorn and sinclair tilt in the background. id be very grateful if you have any more with cawthorns in them. my first driving lesson was also about the age of ten, driving my dads 1418 merc around a car park in italy

the way you drive these days twinsplitter you should have spent more time on the car park

lovely pictures, especially the AEC of Walkers of Tuxford

I all,

Thanks for the responce, I found some more photos over the weekend.

I have some more, but I need to Scan these, I’ll post them as soon as I get time.

Regards
Ant

Brilliant snaps ,they really were the ’ Good old Days. ’ Anyone hurt in that erf fire…? I see that someone has placed some flowers on the crime scene.
Those guys were heroes to go to Italy & back in those things ; no sleeper & no power steering !

harry:
Brilliant snaps ,they really were the ’ Good old Days. ’ Anyone hurt in that erf fire…? I see that someone has placed some flowers on the crime scene.
Those guys were heroes to go to Italy & back in those things ; no sleeper & no power steering !

Not sure if the driver was hurt, Dad is not around now to ask !!

Thanks
Ant