Comart Europa Int. Tspt - Dedicated to Wheeler

DEANB:
Ant,

Hope this thread picks up again !

Found this one on the net .Not the best quality,parked up in Yugoslavia.

Hi Deane

Thanks for posting - seen this a few weeks ago on Dukes Facebook page - Truck was Terry Lewis’s parked in Marabor Austrian - Yugo border

I have collected a few more over the last few months so will post when Inget time

Thanks Ant

Hi all,

I am looking forward to the next posts!

Kind regards,

PTT

q

Ex Comart unit - John McCann bought and sent up on his own

Cheers Ant

Terry Lewis in Marabor Yugo

Taken on Toddington - not sure where I had it from - so thanks to who’s ever photo it is

Cheers Ant

Hi Ant,

Is that “Sooty” Corbett with Terry? Terry is the one to the left of Sooty? Who is the guy on the far left?

Is Simon McCann still running?

Or have the Eastern Europeans got to him?

So many question,

Best wishes,

PTT

part-time-trucker:
Hi Ant,

Is that “Sooty” Corbett with Terry? Terry is the one to the left of Sooty? Who is the guy on the far left?

Is Simon McCann still running?

Or have the Eastern Europeans got to him?

So many question,

Best wishes,

PTT

Hi Steve

Hope your well ? I knew you would know who it was - yes it’s Sooty the other guy was off Dukes - Yes Simon is still going runs about 8 Volvos - still on Fridges - not been able to seduce him in to Scania yet !!!

Cheers
Ant

Hi Ant,

Yes I am still well and still enjoying life in France.

I now have a collection of 4 Land Rovers ranging from 1967 to 1997 which keep me busy (and oily) most days.

But Brexit came as a shock and has put any plans we may have had on hold for a while…

Good luck with the Scanias. I am still a Volvo man at heart, ever since we collected our first F88 (EFW 477L) from John Hebb at Wooton, but of course Scania are up there in the top two.

Send my regards to Simon when you next speak to him. We never met but we used to work together when I was at Wincanton/Rokold in 2000 and of course I knew his dad from Comart in 1975/1978.

Kind regards,

Steve

Good to see this thread picking up again,been a cracking read.

I dont think this pic has been on here.

DEANB:
Good to see this thread picking up again,been a cracking read.

I dont think this pic has been on here.

Dean

No it hasn’t - was going put it on myself tonight :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 legendary Stoke firms in a row

Cheers Ant

This was on a local area thread for leek - think it was Dereck Goldstraw

Cheers Ant

Nice find Willie, there must be loads of old pics floating about of old motors in carnivals up and down the country.

This pic has been on here before but it chopped off the 88 behind.

Found this one on the net,which i dont think has been on before.

found118.jpg

John Wilkinson, aka Wink?

Not strictly a Comart picture, but this is a ex Comart trailer behind my MB 1619.
A US built Dorsey tandem wide spread. We had two at Salvesens Droitwich depot, both complete with grooved floors, rails and hooks for hanging meat.
They where heavy by comparison to our usual Gray and Adams trailers and the big fridge engines seemed to be overkill by Salvesens normal small engines for
everything policy.
OSF 947V was a ex Blairgowrie 190 bhp so the Dorsey made her groan even when empty.
They followed nicely with the wide spread axles but could be a bit of a pig in tight supermarket unloading areas.
Sorry the pic is sub standard, it was taken with a pocket 110, but it may be of interest to any ex Comart pilots still out there.

Good atmospheric pic :sunglasses:

part-time-trucker:
Hi Ant,

Yes I am still well and still enjoying life in France.

I now have a collection of 4 Land Rovers ranging from 1967 to 1997 which keep me busy (and oily) most days.

But Brexit came as a shock and has put any plans we may have had on hold for a while…

Good luck with the Scanias. I am still a Volvo man at heart, ever since we collected our first F88 (EFW 477L) from John Hebb at Wooton, but of course Scania are up there in the top two.

Send my regards to Simon when you next speak to him. We never met but we used to work together when I was at Wincanton/Rokold in 2000 and of course I knew his dad from Comart in 1975/1978.

Kind regards,

Steve

Hi Steve - long time no speak - hope you are well ?are you on Facebook - if so look up Stoke On Trent Hauliers past and present - also message me on messenger - Anthony Williams - I have some photos for you

COMART

robthedog:
COMART

WOW- what a photo

Do you know where this was taken ■■ Comart only had 3 Hino’s and not for long, generally for the Irish shuttle loading beef back to the yard to run out to Europe

Great photo, thanks for sharing

Cheers Ant

Wherever it was, looks like a warm day as the drivers are led out catching some rays :sunglasses:
One of best threads on this forum without a doubt.