Comart Europa Int. Tspt - Dedicated to Wheeler

Willie Roadstar:
Hi John Happy New Year to you too, not seen photo, not been on for a while - been very busy with Euro 5 end etc lots of trucks to sort !!! Had a look - can’t find pic you are on about can you re post on here ■■

hiya ant…just go onto the Astran/middle east site(on page one) click on page 209 look at the 12 th photo
down the page there are a couple of trucks one a Scania and a daf, behind are some fridges, the tin work around
the fridge motors is pale blue they just look Comart .
John

3300John:

Willie Roadstar:
Hi John Happy New Year to you too, not seen photo, not been on for a while - been very busy with Euro 5 end etc lots of trucks to sort !!! Had a look - can’t find pic you are on about can you re post on here ■■

hiya ant…just go onto the Astran/middle east site(on page one) click on page 209 look at the 12 th photo
down the page there are a couple of trucks one a Scania and a daf, behind are some fridges, the tin work around
the fridge motors is pale blue they just look Comart .
John

Hi John,
Had a look - don’t think they are - same colour fridge but Comarts didn’t have the air hatch on
The front
Regards
Ant

Hi, does anyone know if this ERF was run by a Comart subbie? It appears to be in Comart colours. Robert

robert1952:
0Hi, does anyone know if this ERF was run by a Comart subbie? It appears to be in Comart colours. Robert

Hi Rob,
Now you’ve opened a can of worms I have always said that I remember
going with my Dad to load in Liverpool in an ERF continental, but everybody I speak to
says that they can’t remember them having one, so this may be the truck it was ■■
Thanks for posting it :slight_smile:
Regards
Ant

Willie Roadstar:

robert1952:
0Hi, does anyone know if this ERF was run by a Comart subbie? It appears to be in Comart colours. Robert

Hi Rob,
Now you’ve opened a can of worms I have always said that I remember
going with my Dad to load in Liverpool in an ERF continental, but everybody I speak to
says that they can’t remember them having one, so this may be the truck it was ■■
Thanks for posting it :slight_smile:
Regards
Ant

We can’t identify who owned it on the ERF-European thread either! I’m sure the mystery will be solved. Bullit thinks the trailer was an MJL one. Robert

Willie Roadstar:
Hi All,

Stephen hope you had a good time playing lumberjack :laughing: :laughing:

Here goes then, this is the last batch of photos from me (unless Mum finds some more !!) :frowning:

Eddie Walker in the 1st 2 photos

Another photo of the ERF burnt out on Mont Blanc 1971 drivin by John Davies

Eddie Walker and Don Graham

Dads F10 (XFD 988 S) parked outside our house in Sneyd Green - SOT

Easton Cold Store (Grantham)

Me aged 9 in front of Blanc tunnel entrance - french Side

Photo below - my imagination running wild when young - Aosta in the snow - stoke style

F88s & 89s parked on the beach front in Anzio Italy.

Little story behind this, all were weekended on a bank holiday, I was with Dad aged about 10, Terry Lewis, Darlow and a few other drivers were there also, Terry and Darlow kept sneaking me beers whilke Dad was swimmimg and I ended up not being very well :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Dad could’nt understand why I kept falling over etc and the lads thought it very funny :laughing: :laughing: - Never touched a drop since !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Following is a letter sent to my Dad from Clive Cardy when he was in Munich after his accident

A copy of the transcript from the newspaper report from Germany about Dads accident

The last 2 are our farewell to Dad, fitting they should be the last photos to post :frowning:

Hope you’ve all enjoyed my memorys,

Hi Ant… I’ve had time on my hands lately due to illness and have read all the posts about your Dad and Comart…
Your dad looks a right character and I remember seeing some Comart trucks in the 70’s when on the Italian run…
How nice that you have this thread and the memories of your " old man"…
Also, what a great bloke that Clive Cardey must have been. All that reassurance in his letter re wages and hospital bills etc …
Not many bosses would do that.
Anyway, look forward to seeing more posts about your Dad. Cheers. Baldrick.

May be wrong and it is a long time ago, but didnt Comarts ERF European roll over near to Trentham Gardens roundabout carrying a load of hanging meat ? See yer Dave…

3piece-wheel:
May be wrong and it is a long time ago, but didnt Comarts ERF European roll over near to Trentham Gardens roundabout carrying a load of hanging meat ? See yer Dave…

There was one turned over there but it was an A series - there’s a photo on this thread someway back
Cheers
Ant

robert1952:

Rob,
Spoke to an ex Comart driver the other week a mate of my Dads Steve Baddeley

He says that they did have an ERF European for a while (so I wasn’t dreaming :slight_smile: ) a driver need Bob had it - he thinks that is the one
Happy days
Cheers Ant

Willie Roadstar:

robert1952:

Rob,

He says that they did have an ERF European for a while (so I wasn’t dreaming :slight_smile: ) a driver need Bob had it - he thinks that is the one
Happy days
Cheers Ant

Thanks for that mate! I’ll make a note in the register. Cheers. Robert:)

Comart tpt you mite like this I had this back in 1981 my first truck KUE 343P F88 290 its first job was on Brit European in Stoke on Trent. then done middle east for 2/3 years the moved on to a F10 then ended up with 15 trucks until 2000

robert1952:

Willie Roadstar:

robert1952:

Rob,

Happy days
Cheers Ant

hello ant
I might have met you when you were traveling with your dad back in the 70’s as I use to go with my dad graham wright.
I’ve got some photo’s which i’ll post when I find them, got one I keep in my wallet , its HFA134N with me and my mum on.
and I’m sure they had a ERF European , and didn’t they have a hino aswell,
cheers
nev

wrighty62:

robert1952:

Willie Roadstar:

robert1952:

Rob,

Happy days
Cheers Ant

hello ant
I might have met you when you were traveling with your dad back in the 70’s as I use to go with my dad graham wright.
I’ve got some photo’s which i’ll post when I find them, got one I keep in my wallet , its HFA134N with me and my mum on.
cheers
nev

Hey up Nev,
How you doin - only talking about you A few weeks ago
With Simon Knight - remember you and your Dad well
Photos would be great
Cheers
Ant

Willie Roadstar:

wrighty62:

robert1952:

Willie Roadstar:

robert1952:

Rob,

Happy days
Cheers Ant

hello ant
cheers
nev

Hey up Nev,
How you doin - only talking about you A few weeks ago
With Simon Knight - remember you and your Dad well
Photos would be great
Cheers
Ant

Hi Nev, just wondering if you managed to find any photos ■■ Would be great to see them
Looking forward
Regards
Ant

markjohnshaw:
Comart tpt you mite like this I had this back in 1981 my first truck KUE 343P F88 290 its first job was on Brit European in Stoke on Trent. then done middle east for 2/3 years the moved on to a F10 then ended up with 15 trucks until 2000

Thanks for the picture of 343P. I remember her well. I remember Steve Baddley and Graham Wright too. But the only ERF I remember (between 1975 and 1978) was NVT 386M and that was kept mostly on UK work (ie tipping and loading). I don’t think that it was a European.

Regards to all,

Steve

part-time-trucker:

markjohnshaw:

Thanks for the picture of 343P. I remember her well. I remember Steve Baddley and Graham Wright too. But the only ERF I remember (between 1975 and 1978) was NVT 386M and that was kept mostly on UK work (ie tipping and loading). I don’t think that it was a European.

Regards to all,

Steve

It’s nice to know you’re still onto the case with this one; cheers! Robert :smiley:

Hi All,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but sadly another ex Comart driver passed away last week
John Davies ( seen on the left here with my Dad on Mont Blanc in 72 after Johns ERF caught fire while he was in doing
customs)

R.I.P John - have a good catch up with the rest of the boys up there

Regards
Ant

R.I.P. Mr Davies :cry:

Gaz

Hi All,
Just found this, early model line up from early 80s I had - classic

hi willie hats of to your dad and all the other guys great pics i started continental 10 wks after class 1 passed tks to my uncle getting me in as doing it in 1984 at 21 was pretty rare but like you was out with him in his m/e marathon and 89 volvo already knew basics customs paperwork,30 yrs on im still at it l.o.l gd pics m8 :smiley: