Coca Cola Truck Leeds Tomorrow (Pics Included)

Not keen on your doctor’d images, bit too dark and over coloured for my tastes.

Originals are pretty good, if a little bland.

Have you tried your hand at HDR work yet? Doesn’t take too long once you’ve done the prep - 3 pics, different exposures etc.

Here’s a couple of examples. The 1st is my fave, not ‘accurate’ but effective, 2nd is more about accuracy of ‘as the eye sees’. Hope you like them.

I can’t say that I have tried it yet, and that was the way I tried to edit my pictures but some people will like them some won’t. It’s all about different tastes I suppose. And them pictures are cracking! Certainly something to spark ideas off in ones head :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

jonnytruckfest:
I can’t say that I have tried it yet, and that was the way I tried to edit my pictures but some people will like them some won’t. It’s all about different tastes I suppose. And them pictures are cracking! Certainly something to spark ideas off in ones head :smiley:

Cheers

Yep, all about personal tastes, if you’re interested in that sort of thing and struggle, there’s some good guides around and I’ll help where possible, but I’m certainly no expert.

Thanks mate :slight_smile: I’ll be asking my photography tutors at college to give me some advice and stuff on how to do this. :smiley:

And I can’t say that I’m an expert either. Just a kid and his camera :smiley:

Cheers

Want to try HDR? Buy an iPhone!

Unfortunately I don’t have that sort of money yet :laughing: :blush: Although, the day of being potless is shortly coming to an end :sunglasses: I know that much! :grimacing:

Cheers

A couple of edits in bridge, now I’m assuming this is HDR. I can’t really say that I’m the most qualified or technical photo editor :blush: :blush: But here are a few I’ve done using this software.

This is my personal favourite out of them to be honest :sunglasses: with this also being the front cover for my second sketchbook at college :sunglasses:

These being my first attempt using the software I think they’re pretty good. :slight_smile:

Anyway, if anyone has any pictures of the ‘coke’ trucks feel free to put them up :grimacing:

Cheers

thisisplymouth.co.uk/Coca-Co … story.html

the coke went a little bit flat when it reached plymouth :slight_smile:

Bet that was a shame for those who never got a chance to get a picture of it. Maybe they’ll plan it better for next year. :slight_smile:

It makes you wonder though the wrap they have on the vehicles wouldn’t it damage the paintwork underneath when it comes time to unwrap the vehicle of the coke wrap?

jonnytruckfest:
There are many things up with the truck I would have thought was illegal, such as the rope light that could say restricts view, number plate being illegal, and I’m sure they would have something to say about the fact the trailer has 2 axles not 3 due to weight issues i’m asuming and the trailer is fully loaded full of whatever you could think of for events like this :grimacing:

Cheers

Oh Brother, it doesn’t go around loaded with Coke, the lights are taken off when it travels, no plate the same, my mate Wes drove it last year but was on for EST this year, he did ask me if I wanted it ,but I have my own business to run. it’s just a bit of advertising and it works judging by last years turnout.

Dieseldogsix:

jonnytruckfest:
There are many things up with the truck I would have thought was illegal, such as the rope light that could say restricts view, number plate being illegal, and I’m sure they would have something to say about the fact the trailer has 2 axles not 3 due to weight issues i’m asuming and the trailer is fully loaded full of whatever you could think of for events like this :grimacing:

Cheers

Oh Brother, it doesn’t go around loaded with Coke, the lights are taken off when it travels, no plate the same, my mate Wes drove it last year but was on for EST this year, he did ask me if I wanted it ,but I have my own business to run. it’s just a bit of advertising and it works judging by last years turnout.

I know it doesn’t go around loaded with coke, because when it was parked up they were about ready to get the truck set up, the amount of crap in the trailer doesn’t bare thinking about really. But then again I assume it was just dead weight and nothing too heavy compared with a load of coke? And I’ll admit this is the first time I’ve ever known about the truck going round the country.

Cheers

Dieseldogsix:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

Hi cliff,
How are you mate?also how is wes?i met him through you this time last year at Swansea when he was driving the coke kenworth.last night i was coming out of Cardiff and i saw this years coke scania,heading into the city.as you say when travelling all the bling is removed.
Regards Andrew.

Orgasmic!

I wouldn’t go that far, It’s only a scania nothing too special :grimacing:

Cheers

hi guys,i was in leeds (my home town) shopping on the saturday, but didn’t know the truck was going to be there. i actually thought it was really smart, but didn’t get to have too good a luck as the crowds were gathering, so thanks jonny truckfest for pointing out it was coles and sons. i didn’t have a clue!! as for all the bling, my little boy was amazed by it! thought it worked well as an advert judging by the crowds gathered. i never liked t cabs in there beginning but the last few years i have been impressed with a few (S C Transport, SNT, Frank Hudson, and Sandy Kydd), and this was certainly another one of them.thanks joe

scottishcruiser:
Does it matter what all you ■■■■■ really think about this wrapping? Poundland lights? Who gives 2 ■■■■■■ flying FFFFFFFFF’s… Nothing but put downs on every thread I read, you’d seriously think everyone on this CRAP forum board was picture perfect… Its nothing more than to replicate the US Coca-Cola lorry, for Xmas, for THE CHILDREN… Do you think the CHILDREN care wether they get a Kentworth or a Scania? Poundland lights or the dearest lights on earth?

Obviously you give 2 flying ■■■■■ since you felt the need to reply. You care enough to type out your drivel instead of hitting the big red x at the top right hand corner. As for it being a crap forum i take it by that you wont by advertising all your junk you try and peddle on here from time to time :grimacing:

I’m sure the kids would love it and not know the difference

joer580:
hi guys,i was in leeds (my home town) shopping on the saturday, but didn’t know the truck was going to be there. i actually thought it was really smart, but didn’t get to have too good a luck as the crowds were gathering, so thanks jonny truckfest for pointing out it was coles and sons. i didn’t have a clue!! as for all the bling, my little boy was amazed by it! thought it worked well as an advert judging by the crowds gathered. i never liked t cabs in there beginning but the last few years i have been impressed with a few (S C Transport, SNT, Frank Hudson, and Sandy Kydd), and this was certainly another one of them.thanks joe

Not a problem mate :smiley: And I didn’t know it was coles myself until I saw the doors close up, it’s not obvious from a bit away but it is once you’re close up. And I was there at about 11 thinking that I would be early for it turning up when actually it was right there infront of me :laughing: :blush: And even then the crowds were a lot worse than normal although the muppets with the drums and guitars just across from the truck was doing my head in :smiling_imp:

Glad you and your lad liked it anyways, it was a good day out even if you aren’t the biggest fan of trucks. Amazing what a few lights and a bit of chrome can do to people :laughing: :grimacing:

Cheers

are Coles having it back then does anyone know?? or is is staying wrapped now? not to sure if the paintwork would be ok underneath?? by the way Jonny seen a few from Prestons tipping down at Whiteley’s paper mill in Pool in Wharfedale (About ten miles out of Leeds) and today i noticed it looked like it was a particularly well kept one with wheel liners, cab curtains and fringe, and a slogan on back of cab, but was just passing so not sure what it said!! Cheers, Joe

I will assume that they will be having it back to their original livery after the christmas tour is over. I can’t see it being fully wrapped permanently now, especially with the original paintwork still underneath the wrap. And I couldn’t say whose lorry it was mate although I know there are quite a lot of Prestons motors that have all the frilly curtains and all that. Although I can’t say my Dad’s motor is like that. But it’s never untidy especially compared to some of the 10 plate scanias they have :open_mouth: The state of some of them is shocking!! :open_mouth:

Cheers