Coca Cola Truck Leeds Tomorrow (Pics Included)

Okay, so is anyone else going tomorrow to see the coca cola truck in Victoria Square Leeds :laughing: ? I for one will be going as it will help with my photography work…and I just want to see what all the fuss is about :smiley: :grimacing:
I’ll be there bright and early at half 11 with a starbucks in hand waiting for it to turn up…assuming i’m there first :blush:

Lorry spotting at it’s saddest I suppose :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Having just seen some photos posted on my facebook page it appears to be a Scania t cab Topline covered with what appear to be most of Blackpools illuminations and not the Peterbuilt i thought it would be.

coca-cola.co.uk/about-us/her … rucks.html

I already knew that one, although I’m not a scania fan I thought I would go and see what the fuss is about with it. Plus I can register my photo on their website like a right little coke head :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush:

Cheers

I’ll be seeing it when it comes to Glasgow Fort next Saturday. That’s a horrible shopping centre too but only day that’s not a work day.

It’s two different Coles and Sons T-Cabs wrapped up for Christmas!

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … keand.html

Not the same one but the same idea! (Pic courtesy of Micheal Addy, pinched off Big Lorry Blog)

Well I’ve just got back home from Leeds after seeing it, getting pictures of the bloody thing was difficult enough :open_mouth: Everyone crowding round it so it was very difficult getting pictures of it :imp: :smiling_imp:

Although to be honest I thought they ruined the truck wrapping it around using them stupid LED Things that they have taped to the truck (I assume they’re taped anyway) I went after half 11 as the truck was already parked up and already had a crowd around it. And up close you can still see the sign writing underneath the cab wrapping (Assuming they wrapped it and not painted it) But all in all minus the silly LED lines and the sign writing being visible if your close up to it I thought it was a pretty tidy truck :smiley: Also it gave me the chance to get some test pics from my new camera :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

• I’ll put the pics up in the next post when I have them uploaded, I think they’ve turned out pretty well! :smiley:

So here are the pictures from my venture :grimacing: I apologise they have random people in it but it was ■■■■■■■ horrible taking pictures with every idiot and his mum walking infront of you :imp: :imp: :imp:

Hope you like them, sorry if they seem repetetive but any photographer will tell you, it can take MANY attempts to get the ‘perfect’ picture. To say it’s the first time I’ve used my new camera properly, I’ve not done a bad job and still need to get used to it but overall. Not bad :smiley:

Cheers

How come a common or garden type delivery truck was allowed to park in the middle of a pedestrian area?
Same appeal to me as a blinged up trade bike.
Sorry Jonny but there ya go… but the quality of the pics are good, apart from the wally pretending to be the driver :wink:

Heap of crap :smiling_imp:

Haven’t a clue mate, I was expecting a much longer walk from the bus station to be honest because it said victoria square and on google maps they have it as if it was at the town hall :laughing: I got a bloody shock but a good one as the Starbucks was only a couple hundred yards away :grimacing:

And you’d be surprised at the amount of people who were ‘pretending’ to be the ‘driver’ :open_mouth: I for one wasn’t one of them muppets :grimacing: Amazing really a bit of bling and a string like set of lights and all of a sudden trucks become really popular :unamused:

Cheers

I’ll not dis-agree the truck is a heap of crap with how it looks now, compared to how it normally is in the Blue and artwork’d up paintwork! I think they ruined it with how they’ve ‘tarted’ the truck up a shame really :frowning:

Cheers

<----- thats the coca cola truck not that scania with rope lights attached :unamused:

bubsy06:
<----- thats the coca cola truck not that scania with rope lights attached :unamused:

I know that :laughing: :laughing: well I’ve already expressed my feelings about the rope lights and the truck in general both on here and facebook :grimacing:

Cheers

seen this last year on oxford street london

still a crappy scanny.

mrx:
still a crappy scanny.

Could be worse, Could be a Iveco :grimacing:

Cheers

Christ the happiness and joyful spirit on this site is overwhelming sometimes.

jonnytruckfest:
So here are the pictures from my venture :grimacing: I apologise they have random people in it but it was [zb] horrible taking pictures with every idiot and his mum walking infront of you :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing: :laughing:
Brilliant bit of posing there!

switchlogic:
Christ the happiness and joyful spirit on this site is overwhelming sometimes.

Oy less of that, I changed my Avatar in November over 1 month before christmas :wink: :laughing:
I just dont like scania tea cabs being dressed up in poundworld rope lights trying to impersonate the original truck.
p.s. I think I might have solved the problem of the general public hating trucks, it involves a large cardboard box, gaffer tape, tin of red paint, poundworld rope lights and some coca cola logo stickers.

JoeG:

jonnytruckfest:
So here are the pictures from my venture :grimacing: I apologise they have random people in it but it was [zb] horrible taking pictures with every idiot and his mum walking infront of you :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing: :laughing:
Brilliant bit of posing there!

Which one the bloke pretending to be driver or the fit piece with the nice legs on the other side of the truck :grimacing: ■■

Cheers