Co op RDC Andover

Anyone know where abouts it is? Thanks.

If you have SatNav the postcode is SP11 8BF.

It’s ■■■■■■ massive. Can’t miss it.

Thanks dar1976 much appreciated.

co-opretaillogistics-primary … ot=andover

Be prepared for a wait though. 3 hours sat on bay while they decided how to empty my trailer :smiley:

dar1976:
If you have SatNav the postcode is SP11 8BF.

It’s [zb] massive. Can’t miss it.

Depends on how up to date the sat nav is but it may not find it from the postcode

maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid= … 9,0.066047

If you are coming from the A34 when you come off the A303 up to the top of the slip road it is right in front of you

EDIT.

This postcode should get you in the right area SP11 8HJ

The rules are that you need to approach it from, and leave by the A303 :unamused: . Obviously someone important has a house on one of the other routes out of there. Whichever way you are heading on the A303 you need to take the Monxton turning, once you get off the A303 you will see the Depot its HUGE (if you dont see it aim for Monxton then you will see it).

When you get to the gate turning you need to take one of the left two gates (the right is only for CO-OP vehicles). At the gate is an intercom there are instructions there as to what you press to get the right department (A2 for chilled goods in).

I was there Sunday morning 12 minutes to get 18 pallets off, Friday 20 minutes for 25 pallets, I do it twice a week and am rarely there for more than 45 mins.

If your coming south don’t use the A342 through lugershall,apparently the local council have started fining trucks going that way and the security guard will inform you of this bollox when you turn up at the gate. :unamused: :unamused:

How they get away with this ■■■■ is beyond me as there are no weight limits on said road.

You will see all the posters up on the wall when your in there for the 3hrs that the previous poster said you would be. :smiley:

Thetaff:
If your coming south don’t use the A342 through lugershall,apparently the local council have started fining trucks going that way and the security guard will inform you of this bollox when you turn up at the gate. :unamused: :unamused:

How they get away with this [zb] is beyond me as there are no weight limits on said road.

You will see all the posters up on the wall when your in there for the 3hrs that the previous poster said you would be. :smiley:

I go South through Ludgershal every time and nothing been said (yet). I’m a bit of a bullish type and if anyone tried to fine me for something not signposted, I’d willingly defend my case to the highest authority and be very confident of winning. There is a big industrial estate on the A342 just before you get to the A303 roundabout so anyone who lives there complaining about trucks using that road is on a hiding to nowhere.
When I leave however there is a sign pointing trucks to go to the A303 so thats what I do despite it adding 7 miles to my journey :imp: .

If you go into the ambient side there’s a letter on the wall stating that the co-op has been fined £120,000 for using that road since it opened. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Whether its just a scare tactic to stop going that way who knows but when I turned up at the gatehouse the guy told me I had come down a bad road.
I asked him to explain which bad road as I’ve been that way for years going to Andover,and he come out with the “spiel”

I will also continue to use it as there ain’t no weight limit on it and my boss said the same.

■■■■ em!! :smiley:

The fine probably refers to some type of restriction on their O licence. The only weight limit in Ludgershall used to be on the old railway bridge as you go out to Tidworth, but a new one was built years ago. I grew up in Tidworth / Ludgershall and it has always been used by trucks heading north for Swindon and the midlands. It’s a little bit narrow through the S bend by the firestation, but there is definately no restriction for trucks of any size through the village.

Can’t say as I’ve ever heard of anyone keeping an eye out for lorries or reporting them either. It’s probably alot easier using the A34 / M40 if you’re heading North from Andover but there’s no reason at all not to use the A 342.

Tell the Co-op to go poke it!

There are ANPR cameras all over the estate and surrounding areas. We are not allowed to cut through Ludhershall , andover and Monoxton. We are not even to come to work through Monoxton, although this is to do with it being MOD property■■?

There has been loads of fines regarding trucks and the Ludgershall road and drivers not understanding the restriction. ( COOP drivers)

I asked about the “restriction” at the chilled proucts desk and was told " your company pays road tax come in whatever way you like".

I would like to see real evidence of a fine for not using the A303, anyone had one?

Personlly I suspect this is a load of B/S made up to allow the CO-OP to build their RDS there.

And lets face it Tidworth (the alternative route from the M4) is a much larger MOD town, so why would they prefer to send you through there?

Derf:
The fine probably refers to some type of restriction on their O licence.

That was my first thought too, I have a similar restriction on my O licence although other trucks coming and going can access the yard through any number of ways.

But then I thought that you wouldn’t be fined for ignoring a restriction on the O licence, just have sanctions taken against it, so I can’t quite make my mind up about this one.

I don’t know why they didn’t buy the old service area just next door. Ready made slip roads straight off the A303.

lenham have a depot at weyhill, so we use luggershall doing our kent-weyhill-brockworth trunk. Also I should imagine lots of the weyhill motors use it as well. I cant see how they can stop you without a weight limit.

We do a few runs a day there and there’s nothing on our notice board saying not to go that way, in fact its quite a pleasant run that way.

I used to run back into Andover from the M4 with a Lenham trunk. Not saying all their old Mercs were clapped out, but used to hear a “YAHOO” on the CB everytime he got to the top of the hill coming out of Marlborough, I used to pass him parked up in the layby in Savernake where he’d pour himself a cup of tea every night by way of celebration of making it up the hill!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: yeah, when I went there the fleet was bad.The best motors were in kent and weyhill got the crap.