Co Op assessment

Evening people

Been told to go to CO OP St Andrews road, Avonmouth just past the 3663 building tomorrow. Is this correct? Looked on street view but cannot see anything to do with CO OP.

Any help appreciated please.

Probably just doing assessments there. Let me know how you get on.

Hi Wayne, yes will let you know. Looking back at the email (the first from ADR) it does say ‘the cold store’ so I suppose I answered my own question:). I am off to NFT after that. Been at Morrisons Willow Green for around 18 months but work dropped off there at weekends quite badly.

cherkhan:
Hi Wayne, yes will let you know. Looking back at the email (the first from ADR) it does say ‘the cold store’ so I suppose I answered my own question:). I am off to NFT after that. Been at Morrisons Willow Green for around 18 months but work dropped off there at weekends quite badly.

If it’s an assessment are you sure it’s the Cold Store ? The new place although not up and running yet does have a few trailers and units in their yard and I have regularly seen lots of people walking around them etc as if they’re being shown about.

cherkham,it’s a new rdc has’nt been open long,you’ve got the right address.

its at the Avonmouth Cold Store …
come past the Esso Garage on ur left slow down and turn into where 3663 is u’ll be driving a new P cab Scania…

dont head down the yard to where the DD co-op trailer is as thats our place lol

SO it’s turn in to 3663 and where do you park the car? Nick2008?

God, I hate Scania,s. Auto or manual box?

dunno but thats avonmouth cold store an been seeing the truck with trainer in there when i’ve been turning in for work.

I work out the bottom yard, we have 2 co-op trailers but we aint co-op we run Groupage for them and during the day u’ll see plenty of their trucks goig there to tip out MT trays in cages into our place …but Norbits are up by the gate. theres an office ( Elliot portacabin) directly infront of you between the buildings all of that is Norbitts.

I’m on 4 rest days or i would have shouted u a brew at some point. good luck with it

Wayne:
God, I hate Scania,s. Auto or manual box?

dunno but they moght be M as the autos have a load of problems … stonridge tachos lol

Thanks for your help Nick2008

Don’t forget to update us.

WEll assessment done after some calamities by me. I forgot to pick up by driving licence photocard:) Got there, took the theory tests then had to go back to do the driving at 2pm. In the meantime, went home, had a little breakfast and cup of tea and off I went with ALL cards this time in hand to NFT. Did their theory and driving test and now approved to drive for them.

Back to the CO OP:) Got there again by 1300, so sat around talking to the office people.

WAYNE. Enter the driveway off main road and the porta-cabins are between the two warehouses (3663 and Cold store) at the back. There is some parking there. Theory test already passed I was told so just the driving to do. Should have been around residential areas but as I found a damaged electrical line clip (Same type of connector as EBS/ABS circuit), my test was Avonmouth/M5 to M4/M5 junction and down to Aust turnoff and along to the CO OP new site that way to get the cable repaired. Nice layout and plenty of room there:).

Normal test is back to Cold Store and back onto last bay at 3663. Scania it certainly is but 61/62 plated. Auto gearbox with manual clutch. Trailer is shortish wheelbase but rear steer.

Overall pretty impressed with their kit. No old stuff there at all.

Now onwards to Friday for my induction at the3 CO OP site @0730 again.

Thanks for the update, looks like it went well for you. I shall sleep better tonight knowing there is no 3 over 3 hell awaiting me tomorrow :laughing: . If we meet in CO OP the tea/coffee is on me.

Cheers.

Wayne:
Thanks for the update, looks like it went well for you. I shall sleep better tonight knowing there is no 3 over 3 hell awaiting me tomorrow :laughing: . If we meet in CO OP the tea/coffee is on me.

Cheers.

just remember clutch to start and clutch to stop …
glad it went well fella

So when Norbitts have the new Avonmouth site fully up & running, will ADR be supplying all the agency drivers? Mainline currently do the Co-Op Portbury (Wincanton) site - will they be dropped?

Only asking as I do the odd day for them now & again, worth getting on with ADR I guess??

Herongate:
So when Norbitts have the new Avonmouth site fully up & running, will ADR be supplying all the agency drivers? Mainline currently do the Co-Op Portbury (Wincanton) site - will they be dropped?

Only asking as I do the odd day for them now & again, worth getting on with ADR I guess??

I doubt that ADR will be able to supply all the drivers.

nick2008:

Herongate:

I doubt that ADR will be able to supply all the drivers.

Like a lot of sites, ADR are lead vendor but will use other agencies to put in drivers as well. I believe they are contracted with other agencies to use so many of them…thought don’t quote me on that. I can say goodbye to Morrisons cancellations now:)

Just did a quick search for CO OP’s near my post code and 42 came up, so lots of deliveries:). Never realised there were so many of them:)

nick2008:

Wayne:

Cheers.

just remember clutch to start and clutch to stop …
glad it went well fella

I stalled first time and managed to move about an inch:)

Soon get the hang of it though. I quite liked the ride of the Scania. Not such good upward vision but nice seats and drive.

Looks like I was last assessment of the day, easiest one ever. Out of cold stores turn left up to Tesco, turn round and into new DC. Quick reverse onto bay park up and all done. I also stalled once forgetting to use clutch. Just got to wait for a shift pattern and start date. Happy days.