Co Op assessment

cherkhan:
Never realised there were so many of them

Oh yes just about every little town or village has one, went to Looe for long weekend and they got 2, and some of them are not too easy to get in and out of either .

cherkhan:
WEll assessment done after some calamities by me. I forgot to pick up by driving licence photocard:) Got there, took the theory tests then had to go back to do the driving at 2pm. In the meantime, went home, had a little breakfast and cup of tea and off I went with ALL cards this time in hand to NFT. Did their theory and driving test and now approved to drive for them.

Back to the CO OP:) Got there again by 1300, so sat around talking to the office people.

WAYNE. Enter the driveway off main road and the porta-cabins are between the two warehouses (3663 and Cold store) at the back. There is some parking there. Theory test already passed I was told so just the driving to do. Should have been around residential areas but as I found a damaged electrical line clip (Same type of connector as EBS/ABS circuit), my test was Avonmouth/M5 to M4/M5 junction and down to Aust turnoff and along to the CO OP new site that way to get the cable repaired. Nice layout and plenty of room there:).

Normal test is back to Cold Store and back onto last bay at 3663. Scania it certainly is but 61/62 plated. Auto gearbox with manual clutch. Trailer is shortish wheelbase but rear steer.

Overall pretty impressed with their kit. No old stuff there at all.

Now onwards to Friday for my induction at the3 CO OP site @0730 again.

Nice to see you got new kit, we still have alot of 53 red Daf’s and even a X reg rigid at our depot, that Scanny you went out in will still be there in 10 years lol.

bald bloke:

cherkhan:

Oh yes just about every little town or village has one, went to Looe for long weekend and they got 2, and some of them are not too easy to get in and out of either .

i done 3 years out of chelston depot which is shutting when avonmouth opens and all i will say is you certainly will earn your money !!! personally i could wait to get out job wasnt for me it was only the money that kept me there. good luck lads and i hope it all works out for you all , try and get on the trunking rota (easy life) , o and watch out for the old biddie who works in a store when they say they will go put the kettle on you will have to keep reminding them bless !!

pimmer73:

bald bloke:

cherkhan:

i done 3 years out of chelston depot which is shutting when avonmouth opens and all i will say is you certainly will earn your money !!! personally i could wait to get out job wasnt for me it was only the money that kept me there. good luck lads and i hope it all works out for you all , try and get on the trunking rota (easy life) , o and watch out for the old biddie who works in a store when they say they will go put the kettle on you will have to keep reminding them bless !!

We are about 400 yds away from the new co-op and not one of our drivers went for a driving job there, although we are losing some office bods.

We are about 400 yds away from the new co-op and not one of our drivers went for a driving job there, although we are losing some office bods.
[/quote]
dont blame them mate its bliming hard work and like you said some of the stores are awkward and hard to park close by , i dont want to put a downer on the guys who are going for the job its a safe secure job with well maintained kit and wages there everytime they say they are, and no worries about being laid off unless you are no good of course !!!

I know what I am getting into, I enjoy retail deliveries believe it it not. Done nothing else the last six years or so on agency. Trouble is there is less and less work in south Wales so the options are getting limited. Hard work I don’t mind, keeps you fit. Will also see me past the quite period after new year.

Wayne:
I know what I am getting into, I enjoy retail deliveries believe it it not. Done nothing else the last six years or so on agency. Trouble is there is less and less work in south Wales so the options are getting limited. Hard work I don’t mind, keeps you fit. Will also see me past the quite period after new year.

very true mate good luck will look out for ya on the road !!

Thanks, it’s is strange what people class as hard work though. Take tramping for instance. That’s what I really wanted to do when I started driving almost 10 years ago, the first few nights were ok but after that I hated it and could not get any sleep at all. That was hard work. I couldn’t go tramping again.

well when you come into our place tipping out trays on the weekend keep the noise down if you would ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :laughing:

I was told when tipping trays we had to leave fridge running at -20 with back doors open.

Wayne:
Thanks, it’s is strange what people class as hard work though. Take tramping for instance. That’s what I really wanted to do when I started driving almost 10 years ago, the first few nights were ok but after that I hated it and could not get any sleep at all. That was hard work. I couldn’t go tramping again.

yea very true see i dont mind been up to my neck in cow or chicken ■■■ every day lol

Thats why we are like human sewers, we have to cope with all the ■■■■ that flows our way…

pimmer73:

dont blame them mate its bliming hard work and like you said some of the stores are awkward and hard to park close by , i dont want to put a downer on the guys who are going for the job its a safe secure job with well maintained kit and wages there everytime they say they are, and no worries about being laid off unless you are no good of course !!!
[/quote]
I do the odd day for them, and don’t find it to be hard; the unit & trailer are usually already hooked up & ready to roll when you start your shift, drive for an hour or two into the Welsh valleys or down into the South West; enjoy the scenery, tip a few cages, onto the next drop - usually only get 3-4 drops, then roll back to the yard. Some of the stores are awkward to get an artic into but if you’re a good driver and take it slow & steady you’ll get it in; the bigger stores have loading bays. The staff at the stores are normally chatty & friendly, will help off-load and make you a cup of tea. Back at the yard, refuel, wash the wagon, park it up (still connected). Have never had my times questioned as long as you hit the delivery schedule (which is generous) - Norbits may expect an extra drop or tighter delivery schedule to increase the productivity & profits…!

Wayne:
I was told when tipping trays we had to leave fridge running at -20 with back doors open.

:laughing: do as you like cause when your tipping em your the one taking them off the trailer and putting them in the fridge while i’m in a warm office on the weekends of course. :laughing:

Herongate:
the unit & trailer are usually already hooked up & ready to roll when you start your shift, …, park it up (still connected). …!

thats only because they dont have the room at Portbury :laughing: