Clutching at straws

Recently I’m seeing more jobs being advertised that tell you what they can offer you. No big deal in its self but more jobs are promoting things that in my mind are a given anyway. One example I’d “free on site parking”.
Have you lot seen other things you would take for granted but employers see it as a plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free uniforms.

Yeah lol

"Top of the range"vehicles…used as a substitute for ■■■■■ pay a’la stobrats

I love it when they just say competitive pay and when you call it’s crap

“Excellent rates of pay”

Well if they are that excellent, how about you post them? :unamused:
We all know it’s bollox intended to get you to an interview so you can be fed spin… :imp:

Occasional weekend turn out to be every other Saturday/Sunday

Free dcpc training.

I think Dozy was offered a free fire extinguisher and wash brush once?

If a job advertised catches my eye, I lose interest immeadiately if the pay rate is omitted, as there is usually a ■■■■ good reason for that. :unamused:

Doubled up post.

robroy:
If a job advertised catches my eye, I lose interest immeadiately if the pay rate is omitted, as there is usually a [zb] good reason for that. :unamused:

Pay rate omitted = Crap rate yes…■■?

Job advertised on .gov websites = even worse pay rate than above■■?

aye like ower here…loose leaf logs (meaning you are going to run bent).,. Treat you like family & Church going family (meaning you are going to work your ■■■■■■■■ off like uncle/cousin festus who are part owners with all that means)…“Drive an old school long nose Peterbilt with all the chrome”(meaning your spare time is going to be spent unpaid polishing /washing and if really unlucky paying a yard dog to put it on a bay as its impossible to do it ,usually fences skips in the way and wages are usually rock bottom young drivers only)… Must speak Punjabi, (meaning 3 in the cab and crap through a hole in the floor,look it up) :smiling_imp:

Goldfinger:

robroy:
If a job advertised catches my eye, I lose interest immeadiately if the pay rate is omitted, as there is usually a [zb] good reason for that. :unamused:

Not necessarily you two the job I’m in now the pay was not advertised you had to find that out at the interview .

bald bloke:

Goldfinger:

robroy:

Not necessarily you two the job I’m in now the pay was not advertised you had to find that out at the interview .

Good firms will also pay according to experience and have room for negotiation. But yeah, 9/10 times if the pay isn’t advertised, then it’s crap. Alternatively, like my old firm, they advertise what sounds like a decent rate, but it includes nights out, meal allowance, working every other Saturday, and is therefore nowhere near as attractive as it first appears :grimacing:

Competitive rates = same monkey money as the majority.

Franglais:
I think Dozy was offered a free fire extinguisher and wash brush once?

Oh and a early finish Fridays

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Goldfinger:

robroy:

That’s sounds about right, along with the “day shifts’ that start at 3pm & run through the night into the early hours with no night rate pay attached! , & then say " if you don’t make it back to Yard in your shift limit, then you’ll have to stay out , & we’re not going to pay you “night out” monies or equivalent 'depending on what shift your on”.

I roll my eyes at “unique opportunities” and “exciting” new contracts.

bonnie lass:

Goldfinger:

robroy:

That’s sounds about right, along with the “day shifts’ that start at 3pm & run through the night into the early hours with no night rate pay attached! , & then say " if you don’t make it back to Yard in your shift limit, then you’ll have to stay out , & we’re not going to pay you “night out” monies or equivalent 'depending on what shift your on”.

What’s that boss, no night out money? :imp:
Where would you like me to leave the keys then? :grimacing: