Closed to high sided

hi fellas
yet another quick question

how high is a high sided vehicle
personally i drive a 12’ 9" rigid and im sure that must classed as high but where do you draw the line ■■?

many thanks once again all

jc69817:
hi fellas

personally i drive a 12’ 9" rigid and im sure that must classed as high but where do you draw the line ■■?

As soon as my sphinkter start trying to grip the seat cloth with a grip tighter than a limpit, then I know its time to decide I`m too high and the wind is going to get me.
but the other day due to the winds I diverted off the M62 howden bridge and went via the old bridge, as I was empty, but on the way back I had 33,340kg pressing down, so I went over the motorway bridge

jc69817:
hi fellas

Anything higher than a Transit although I’d risk it with an empty flatbed.

Conor:
Anything higher than a Transit although I’d risk it with an empty flatbed.

Not even that high - I’m not sure I’d want to drive one of those Dihatsu van thingys with the narrow wheelbase on a road that was “closed to high-sided vehicles”. They’re unstable enough as it is, even before high winds come into the equation.

As for the OP, I think it’s a case of “common sense”. I’d certainly consider a 12’ high vehicle to be “high-sided”.

so would i be right in saying that there is no definition of high sided and we are left to decide for ourselves !!! :confused: :question: