Clocks goin forward

just to remind u all , and how the hell do you change the time in a stoneridge

dustylfc:
just to remind u all , and how the hell do you change the time in a stoneridge

You don’t, you don’t change the time in any digi tacho it stays on UTC. You can change the displayed time to local time and you will find that somewhere in the menu but it isn’t necessary…

Hope this helps.

thanks i suppose rest times will still have to run the 11 hours or reduced 9 with clocks goin forward just be careful

dustylfc:
thanks i suppose rest times will still have to run the 11 hours or reduced 9 with clocks goin forward just be careful

You just have to have 11 hours off in real life, nothing changes when the clocks go forward.

so are they going to do away with it then like they keep threatening to?

chaversdad:

Do away with what … British Summer Time ?

Personally I reckon we should adopt ECT instead is insisting on this bizarre adolescent right to “be different”.

Harry Monk:
Personally I reckon we should adopt ECT instead is insisting on this bizarre adolescent right to “be different”.

It’s usually prevented from happening due to protests from groups of mutton molesting farmers in the far north. Apparently it will be dark at the wrong time for them and they won’t be able to deal with their harvest or something. Makes you wonder when you can pass a field at midnight and see combines and tractors with more lights than Wembley working away.

tachograph:

chaversdad:

Do away with what … British Summer Time ?

err…yes

Yes, unfortunately ignorant inbred Scottish farmers seem to be under the impression that changing clock times will mean that it will be darker for an extra hour each day, while the English enjoy an extra hour of daylight each day.

Still, least said soonest mended! :wink:

Why should we change to CET ?
The Worlds Date Line runs through Greenich, London.
That’s why its called Greenwich Mean Time (as if you didn’t know :stuck_out_tongue: ).
It’s everyone else who’s different, they should change to match us :sunglasses: .
CET changes to summer time on Saturday night too, so we retain the hours time difference.

One argument I’ve heard is that ‘the financial market looses millions’ because they start work at nine, like their European counterparts. We should change to CET to suit them
:bulb: Why don’t they start at 8 and finish at 4, instead of working 9 to 5 :question:
It’s still only half a shift anyway :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:
Yes, unfortunately ignorant inbred Scottish farmers seem to be under the impression that changing clock times will mean that it will be darker for an extra hour each day, while the English enjoy an extra hour of daylight each day.

Still, least said soonest mended! :wink:

Yea their farmers FFS can’t they just eat a few more carrots to sort out their eyesight after all they grow them - Problem sorted :wink:

Re - farmers

Animals and plants are unlikely to be able to tell the time so work by sun up and sun down

I would imagine that farmers are also restricted in many ways by the above

So why does changing the clocks make any difference to farmers■■?

I understood it was the Scottish kids going to school in the dark that was the problem. Never quite understood how though.

Europe should accept Greenwich Mean Time as standard throughout the whole year. the clocks shouldn’t go forward and backward each year.
Europe should accept two things.
1, we won the war.
2, we invented time.

they can all start speaking english, and forget about their native languages, which are outdated.

There is only going to be a certain amount of daylight , what real difference does it make wheather we have it in the morning or afternoon. In the 1970s there was an experiment where the clocks did not get adjusted and we had darker mornings the school kids all wore flourescent arm bands ,the fore runner of Hi-Vis.During the war (ww2) the nation adopted a thing called double summertime.Maybe some of you old guys will tell us more about that.

alamcculloch:
There is only going to be a certain amount of daylight , what real difference does it make wheather we have it in the morning or afternoon.

IMHO better in the evening. If we moved to CET instead of it getting dark at say 10 o’clock on a summer’s evening it gets dark at 11 o’clock. Most people have their leisure time and do things in the evenings rather than first thing in the morning.

limeyphil:

2, we invented time.

Er, I think the Egyptians, Persians and Sumerians may
not quite be in agreement with you on that small matter.
Not to mention, later, the Greeks and Romans.

We did however have the biggest merchant fleet at about
the period when they were arguing where 0º should be.
The French very nearly won the day but lost out because
eveyone else was already using British nautical maps.

limeyphil:
1, we won the war.

Possibly with just the teensient bit of help from Russia :wink: